• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Playing as Vegeta for the first time is great. The increased combo limit and different moveset (and, well, higher level) just feel so much stronger, making it a really good setpiece on Namek.

Playing as Vegeta is the best.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Playing as Vegeta for the first time is great. The increased combo limit and different moveset (and, well, higher level) just feel so much stronger, making it a really good setpiece on Namek.

Playing as Vegeta is the best.

c9ec4a0fc87f9dd08a65cd81dd7dff23--dbz-vegeta-bulma.jpg

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So. I've 100% the game as much as I can. Here is my endgame stats / infos

The strongest villainous ennemies are vegito and gotenks. Level 200. After you beat them other one keep reappearing but they're same
Level as before

i think you can 100% all community. I have 5/7 at max , adventure at 9 and cook at 5. But I miss 3 emblems from earlier side quest so all maxed out seems possible

M'y actual levels are Goku 160/ gohan 164/ Vegeta 159 / piccolo 128/ trunks 118
All assist only are all arround 124-125

to max out all skills from assist character you need them level 95
For trunks and piccolo level 115
for Vegeta gohan and Goku level 120

don't worry about farming orbs you will have far too many in the end. I just had to farm some D medal to learn all trunks abilities at the end. Took me 30

i can't wait for the time machine to be functional so I canget these 3 emblems. And of course the 2 unannounced dlc

Played 68h. amazing game for dbz fans

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I was all cool stuff as Vegeta and then I survived the Dodoria and Zarbon fights by a hare. (Vegeta's healtbar it was roughly the size of an in-game rabbit, yes..)

I really need to get a handle on combat. I always mistake the enemy's charge move for a dazed effect, then waltz right into a special attack.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

to speed things up even more getting the ultimate waking water, you can leave the stream immediately at the end. Save and Load and then enter the stream towards the end instead of all the way at the beginning. You can get an ultimate waking water which gives +8 to every community for a character in a matter of 30 seconds. Which means you can max each soul emblem in roughly 2-3 minutes max

Randam

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
anybody got some good videos that explain and give tips on how to fight?
I really suck at fighting.
Raditz demanded way to much from me and I only got a B rating.
no idea how and what to combo and how to read my enemies. when they will do what, when it is safe to attack, when I should stop and block.

but I also don't know how to block and counter. you can get behind them when you blocked an attack?

and how do I make sure, that my L1 attacks land? especially my Kamehameha always misses.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
anybody got some good videos that explain and give tips on how to fight?
I really suck at fighting.
Raditz demanded way to much from me and I only got a B rating.
no idea how and what to combo and how to read my enemies. when they will do what, when it is safe to attack, when I should stop and block.

but I also don't know how to block and counter. you can get behind them when you blocked an attack?

and how do I make sure, that my L1 attacks land? especially my Kamehameha always misses.
If you pause during combat you can view all combat tutorials.

LT + X while being attacked will cause a burst that pushes nearby enemies away. LT + A while blocking an attack will cause you to vanish, appear behind the target, and do a heavy melee attack that knocks them downward.

If you go from a melee combo (pushing the target back) directly into a linear beam weapon, it's gonna hit. The AI can be good about dodging linear ki attacks if you just spam them from far away.

A melee combo can combo into any of the other face buttons as finishers. B is a regular melee finisher that knocks the target away; A is a quick dash around the target allowing you to start a melee combo immediately again; X is a powerful ki blast; and Y is a ki-regeneration technique that replenishes, I dunno, 15% your ki.

An enemy flashing red is charging a special move--you need to get away from them. I can never read their exact attack, but it's a melee move of some sort; they generally stun you if they hit. Ki attacks have a red area of effect where they will hit. And powerful "bullet hell" ki techniques are foreshadowed by brief in-battle cinematics.

There's a lot more I'm forgetting or ignorant to, but those are the basics.

And uh, opefully I'm remembering all of the keys right.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I thought I was all cool stuff as Vegeta and then I survived the Dodoria and Zarbon fights by a hare. (Vegeta's healtbar it was roughly the size of an in-game rabbit, yes..)

I really need to get a handle on combat. I always mistake the enemy's charge move for a dazed effect, then waltz right into a special attack.

Dodoria is definitely where it ramps up, since he is doing the red attacks almost constantly.

The best tip for handling just about everything from me would be aggressively using Burst.

This is vs Frieza but it's basically me whupping him with Piccolo for a minute without getting hit.

You can burst through their attacks, since they don't get knocked back by your attacks it also means the burst doesn't knock them away so you stay in their face. It can be used to cancel your own attacks so a whiffed beam special doesn't actually need commitment, and it has so many i-frames you can chain bursts together to get through something like a kamehameha without taking damage. Plus it's super cheap Ki wise.

Xelan

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I just installed a faulconer music mod and the tone of the game just pulled a 180, its great.

McNum

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Denmark
How on earth do you do a super finish? I'm following every guide but it it's not working
I think you have to be in a battle that can be ended with a Super Finish as well. If the battle ends with the opponent vanishing to in front of you, it's not a KO, it just progresses the story.

I know that the first Goku vs. Frieza fight can be Super Finished, at least, but not every battle can. I don't even think generic enemies can.

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
I think you have to be in a battle that can be ended with a Super Finish as well. If the battle ends with the opponent vanishing to in front of you, it's not a KO, it just progresses the story.

I know that the first Goku vs. Frieza fight can be Super Finished, at least, but not every battle can. I don't even think generic enemies can.
Just managed to do with a generic enemy. Don't feel like I didn't anything different from my other attempts so I'm not sure what actually triggered it

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly

to speed things up even more getting the ultimate waking water, you can leave the stream immediately at the end. Save and Load and then enter the stream towards the end instead of all the way at the beginning. You can get an ultimate waking water which gives +8 to every community for a character in a matter of 30 seconds. Which means you can max each soul emblem in roughly 2-3 minutes max

Does it matter at what point in the game you can do this?

Oct 27, 2017
So I encountered a sub mission breaking bug. There is a substory after Frieza saga where you need to talk to Vegeta about the tail as Gohan. You can't have Vegeta as party on the mission. I did the same but when I went there, Vegeta wasn't there. This is because I have unlocked the villainous Vegeta boss battle in that same location, and if I go there, I begin a boss battle with level 50 Vegeta, Raditz and Napa. I am on level 31 so they destroy me. So there is no way to continue the story unless I defeat them. Hopefully they fix such stupid bugs which affect progression.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
So I encountered a sub mission breaking bug. There is a substory after Frieza saga where you need to talk to Vegeta about the tail as Gohan. You can't have Vegeta as party on the mission. I did the same but when I went there, Vegeta wasn't there. This is because I have unlocked the villainous Vegeta boss battle in that same location, and if I go there, I begin a boss battle with level 50 Vegeta, Raditz and Napa. I am on level 31 so they destroy me. So there is no way to continue the story unless I defeat them. Hopefully they fix such stupid bugs which affect progression.
How many times do I have to read about this glitch Bandai.

Put Vegeta in your party

How on earth do you do a super finish? I'm following every guide but it it's not working

surge while in transformation & kill the enemy with a super move. I did it in the Vegeta fight.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12867

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Change party around it fixed it for me. I think removing Vegeta from party and adding him made the quest Vegeta spawn.

Oct 27, 2017

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019
Got the platinum for this, only thing I need to do it wait for the update so I can get the two soul emblems I missed.

MAX PAYMENT

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Just finished the game. Took me around 40 hours. I had a blast.

I really hope we get a dragon ball or super game.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
do i have to do all substories within a single episode?

like i feel like if im piccolo ill have some and i progress story i change to gohan and i cant do em anymore

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this on SIFTD, didn't see it posted here but I only checked the last few days (since the youtube post date is today). Sorry if I missed it though.

These kinds of cutscenes look really great. I wish the game had more of them like this.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a huge DBZ fan but I've caught a few of the sagas. Got to the Mecha Frieza/ King Cold part of the game and I'm like "What in the fuck is this shit? I don't remember these guys being a thing at a...oh. That's why." Dying.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
after 17 hours got to the frieza saga finally lol

Man, i forgot how bad ass frieza was as a villain when he just chills in his floating chair most of the time. Absolutely one of the greatest villains in anime history.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
How's the combat? Also would you say the game is difficult at all? As in, on the same level or close to the Souls games in terms of difficulty?

SoulsHunt

Banned
Dec 3, 2019

Which one do you guys prefer ?

How's the combat? Also would you say the game is difficult at all? As in, on the same level or close to the Souls games in terms of difficulty?
Pretty good, the gameplay is simple but good enough. Nothing really technical or "real" combos. In terms of difficulty, lol, this has nothing to do with Souls games. In fact, it's easy. I dont even know if I lost any fights to be honest (except the "secret" boss, took me 3 try because I was -15 lvl)

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The combat is very straightforward, like in a brawler or action/adventure title. There are simple combos and special attacks, and some intermix between them mechanically, but you can grasp the basics instantly. There is some depth but it's nowhere near a fighting game or Souls title. You get proper DBZ spectacle in an accessible package.

And in my experience (I'm only in the Ginyu Saga) difficulty varies, generally story stuff and sidequests are easy vs. optional side battles which can be much more difficult. Though the latter depends on your level a lot.

It's kinda like a Batman Arkham game where playing well and looking cool is more of a focus than a deep technical execution or immense challenge. It really fits the game, IMO.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've managed to go 6/7 community max. Just cooking is at 6 almost 7. With these 3 emblems I miss from side quest yeah no worries to max out everything

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017

like i feel like if im piccolo ill have some and i progress story i change to gohan and i cant do em anymore
You should do subquests whenever they become available if it says they have a time limit on the Story menu. If not, you'll have to wait for the upcoming patch that has the time machine added to be able to go back and do them.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017

do them as they appear. Just everytime to do a story mission or part of one. Go to the stories section in the options, all available subquests will show there everytime from what i have seen. It's not too hard to miss them.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
seeing krillin during the frieza saga 3 levels lower than gohan and still having a higher BP after the unlocked potential is some bullshit lol. God, gohan is so weak during that saga

BIG PSA

do not kill all the villanious enemies in the central plains area until you have summoned nappa and defeated him with the dragon balls. Because if he is present on the field with raditz and vegeta as the level 50 trio you will have a hard time fighting them after the frieza saga. Thankfully i have been running 20% xp perma since the saiya-jin saga but some folks will be massively under leveled if they want to get that 100% board early on for super powerleveling.

Last edited:

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I'm definitely enjoying the intermissions the most. Flying around in the world, casually collecting orbs, fighting loads of dudes, meeting DB characters, fun music. It's a total blast.

The story stuff is getting a bit draggy, to be honest. They obviously have to cherry-pick certain parts to make it not too long but they choose boring dialogue more often than the more interesting parts. The spirit bomb part on Namek was laughable. We see the bomb reach Freeza and the next shot is a giant lake with Gohan and Krillin being like 'holy shit did we survive that?!'. None of the impact and explosion. Imagine not watching the anime and just experiencing it like that. Also, Goku turned into a Super Saiyan in like 4 seconds. Yet I have to sit through what feels like hours of slow as Guru dialogue. Obviously the action is a lot of animation work, but man can it get boring.

The entire last part of the Namek arc felt like 30 minutes of cut scenes and 4 minutes of gameplay which is also a bummer. At least have me flying around on the exploding Namek in search of a ship...

But I find the entire Namek arc in the anime extremely long and tedious too. So that might play a part in my lesser enjoyment of this bit as well.