• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
DBZ Infinite World had a shot at doing minigames and...weird side content. Back then it was panned, but at least the combat system was a more refined Budokai 3. IW was strange, but it had the best fighting mechanics of all the Dimps games.
I honestly think the IW is the ONLY DB game that launched on a home console from the PS1 era through now that I never played (I wish I hadn't played all the PS1 ones...they were terrible)

Dec 25, 2018
I honestly think the IW is the ONLY DB game that launched on a home console from the PS1 era through now that I never played (I wish I hadn't played all the PS1 ones...they were terrible)
the mini games suck but the fighting system and capsule system are redone. it's an awesome game, it got shit on by reviews because it was too hard for people and also burst limit had just come out so everyone expected PS3 graphics for a PS2 game.

but on topic, hopefully that new patch adds an ending. anyone who doesn't have internet still won't experience the full game if they have the missions through a patch.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
the mini games suck but the fighting system and capsule system are redone. it's an awesome game, it got shit on by reviews because it was too hard for people and also burst limit had just come out so everyone expected PS3 graphics for a PS2 game.

That's probably why I never played it. I remember getting Burst Limit on launch day and spending a lot of time with it. I just never went back to the ps2 ones.

Havel

Oct 25, 2017
It had the best fighting mechanics of any DBZ game up until FighterZ. Budokai 3 was the better game overall because of the great Story mode, but the IW refinements were great. But it came out 4 years after Budokai 3 which was really odd.

MysticGon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
158ef9d5fd67ccd7663203933073.gif

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017

Ryuman

Nov 1, 2017
Any word on if the pre-order quest will be available separately later? Don't really want to pre-order just for that.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I haven't been this excited for a DBZ game since the first Xenoverse & before that Sagas :P

Sagas was okay to me honestly.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
My son is super excited for this game. A friend of mine who owns a mom and pop store told me he should be getting some copies in tomorrow... hopefully I'll be able to speak on the pre-day one patch quality tomorrow night

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
Is this game multiplayer at all? Im in it for single player but I'm just curious.

Unknown at this point in time. Keep in mind this is an Open World ARPG developed by CyberConnect2 (.hack//, Asura's Wrath, Naruto Ninja Storm) and less so an arena style fighter like the Xenoverse games developed by Dimps.

There is quite a bit misinformation being thrown about this on various forums with comparisons with Xenoverse, disregarding press info and descriptions from the publisher online basically saying it's a RPG take of the entire DBZ series focusing on Goku from the beginning of Z with Radditz to the very end of Z with Kid Buu, with special attention on quests and character interactions, including some of the filler content, such as when Goku and Piccolo got their driver's license for example.

OmegaDL50

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Philadelphia, PA
what are the PC specs ?

From the Steam page

MINIMUM:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 or AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 750 Ti or Radeon HD 7950
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 36 GB available space
RECOMMENDED:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: GeForce GTX 960 or Radeon R9 280X
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Storage: 40 GB available space

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I think this game will probably be pretty mediocre, but I'm still hopeful about it.

The use of the classic Kikuchi music, inclusion of original DB characters and attention to obscure details is pure fanservice and it will at least have that appeal going for it.

OP
OP
Rika

Rika

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I think this game will probably be pretty mediocre, but I'm still hopeful about it.

The use of the classic Kikuchi music, inclusion of original DB characters and attention to obscure details is pure fanservice and it will at least have that appeal going for it.
I hate to say it, but I kind of agree. I don't think it'll be as great as I'd hoped. I pre-ordered it via Steam, hope I don't regret.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Im just here to say that I love the way the flash step looks in this game. They absolutely nailed that shit this time around.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
guessing this one didn't have a review embargo?
Predicting a 74/100 in Opencritic. Swimming in 7's

Leeway

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I hate to say it, but I kind of agree. I don't think it'll be as great as I'd hoped. I pre-ordered it via Steam, hope I don't regret.
Yeah I've tempered my expectations, so if its main appeal is just nailing the fanservice stuff, I will be by and large satisfied. But if they can actually nail the gameplay as well, then I'll be over the moon.

Deleted member 58141

user requested account closure
Banned
Jun 23, 2019
Finished the Saiyan Saga. It's rough in some area but certainly good fun if you're into Dragon Ball.

My biggest surprise is the combat. It feels much better than what you've might expect from the trailers, and it's the most fun I had from a DB "arena fighter" in a long while.

The lack of pvp allowed them to make boss fights those Action RPG style fights where it's all about reading patterns and knowing when to dodge and when to guard etc. It works well enough although they started to feel a bit same-y already. It's still a new take on the DBZ fights that we've been playing for decades now and it's commendable.

The new material has been much less than expected so far but what's here is good. You get some Goku/Gohan bonding, a mini flashback with Raditz, Nappa, and Vegeta, and a hilarious quest with Piccolo and Yajirobi. Hope we get more of this as the game goes on. The Buu part especially could be a gold mine.

So.. Yeah. I'm having a bit more fun than I was expecting. It's still rough af (and sometimes looking outright ugly), long loading screens, world feels a bit unutilized, etc., but with competent mechanics and the tons of nostalgia and love this game has been filled with, I can't help but liking it a lot as a DB fan.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the Saiyan Saga. It's rough in some area but certainly good fun if you're into Dragon Ball.

My biggest surprise is the combat. It feels much better than what you've might expect from the trailers, and it's the most fun I had from a DB "arena fighter" in a long while.

The lack of pvp allowed them to make boss fights those Action RPG style fights where it's all about reading patterns and knowing when to dodge and when to guard etc. It works well enough although they started to feel a bit same-y already. It's still a new take on the DBZ fights that we've been playing for decades now and it's commendable.

The new material has been much less than expected so far but what's here is good. You get some Goku/Gohan bonding, a mini flashback with Raditz, Nappa, and Vegeta, and a hilarious quest with Piccolo and Yajirobi. Hope we get more of this as the game goes on. The Buu part especially could be a gold mine.

So.. Yeah. I'm having a bit more fun than I was expecting. It's still rough af (and sometimes looking outright ugly), long loading screens, world feels a bit unutilized, etc., but with competent mechanics and the tons of nostalgia and love this game has been filled with, I can't help but liking it a lot as a DB fan.

Do you have all the patches? The one from today was supposed to shorten the loading times