• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreazy

Oct 25, 2018

ネットワークエンターテインメント事業は、ネットワークコンテンツの売上高が前年同期には及 びませんでしたが、「DRAGON BALL」や「ワンピース」「アイドルマスター」などの主力タイトル が、イベントやアップデートなどの施策により、安定的に推移しました。また、2019 年度に投入 した「ガンダムブレイカーモバイル」や「ソードアート・オンライン アリシゼーション・ブレイ ディング」なども順調に立ち上がっています。 家庭用ゲームでは、新作「CODE VEIN」の販売に加え、「DRAGON BALL」のタイトルや「DARK SOULS」 シリーズ、eスポーツで盛り上がった「TEKKEN」シリーズなど既存タイトルのリピート販売本数 が第3四半期累計期間で 1,125 万本となりました。また、フルパッケージのダウンロード販売比 率が 51%となりました。足元では、1 月に発売した「ドラゴンボール Z KAKAROT」が、ゲームの 評価も高く、発売初週で 150 万本を突破し、今年度中に 200 万本の販売を目標としています。ネ ットワークコンテンツ、家庭用ゲームとも、引き続きクオリティの高いゲーム開発に注力します。

EQXP9EuU0AAe1ei

Kamehameha me if old.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Yup, those are Dragon Ball sales.

Excellent.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Game is so fun, congrats to the devs.

It's literally the DBZ game of my dreams.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, glad it sold that much. It's the DBZ game I've imagined playing since I was a kid. I had a dream about a game like this, we all did.

MikeE21286

Oct 27, 2017
I have to say as someone who wasn't a Dragonball fan but gave this is a try, I'm disappointed. Was hoping this could be an entrance into the anime but honestly the game is average at best. I think the wrong lessons will probably be learned by the seemingly successful sales.

Turkoop

Oct 25, 2017
Cologne, GERMANY
I have to say as someone who wasn't a Dragonball fan but gave this is a try, I'm disappointed. Was hoping this could be an entrance into the anime but honestly the game is average at best. I think the wrong lessons will probably be learned by the seemingly successful sales.
For DBZ fans, it's a pretty good game but the open world design is so dumb and empty. Many mechanics does not work

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If Naruto Storm 4 can sell upwards of 4M, this is only the beginning for Kakarot.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good sales. I imagine stores later this year could sell this bundled with FighterZ.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Those are good sales. I will definitely get the game at some point on a sale on PC.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
Glad this game got good sales, it showed a glimpse of the potential of a good DBZ game.

Calling your boring action game an RPG was very smart though.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad the game is doing well because I want a sequel packed with a whole lot of improvements. I kinda wish I had bought it for PC because the load times are pretty awful especially when you're hunting for dragon balls or doing side quests. The world itself also feels kinda empty but all the major locales are in this so I'm not sure what else they could do other than adding more filler?

I don't know if I would ever recommend it for anyone that isn't already a fan of the show though.

I also want less Gohan and more Vegeta.

Frankly there is so much Gohan that the game feels more like Dragonball Z: Gohan instead.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd personally rather all these mediocre nostalgia wank Dragonball games did worse so that maybe they'd be forced to actually try harder to make one that is a good game in its own right instead of just pandering to fans to distract from bad gameplay loops

Moist_Owlet

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
I'd personally rather all these mediocre nostalgia wank Dragonball games did worse so that maybe they'd be forced to actually try harder to make one that is a good game in its own right instead of just pandering to fans to distract from bad gameplay loops
It had absolutely zero competition. If the games industry was actually competent and released something decent in January they would make a killing.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It had absolutely zero competition. If the games industry was actually competent and released something decent in January they would make a killing.
Yeah definitely a factor, but really there are so many better games being released nowadays that people should just pick up one they missed out on for whatever reason rather than picking up a mediocre game just because it's new

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Great news!I hope they they make one for the Original Dragonball and then for Super

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the game yesterday, and even though it was quite rough in parts overall I love how fully it captured the entire series including the down time, and there were some truly great moments.

I would love a prequel covering all of Dragonball or for a similar open world game for other series like HxH. For all it's warts it was still wayyy better than the standard arena fighter garbage most anime games are.