• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Did she not leave because she hated the poses? I read that somewhere I think.
Yeah that's the reason. I'll assume she's stronger than Guldo and Jeice, maybe between Burter and Recoome. If she's weaker than Guldo people won't be happy she's being made too weak or something.

Horohorohoro

Jan 28, 2019
I don't have any issue at all with her design. It's nice to see Toriyama branching out and doing different body types and stuff without making them jokes or anything like that.

TheRyzzl

Oct 5, 2018
As opposed to what other kind of design? I'm just glad we didn't get another Android 21 situation. Bonyu looks cool and great for more Ribrianne style characters.

Why do I have to compare it to other designs? I just don't like it, looks awful. In all fairness I haven't been a fan of a lot of the most recent designs. Ribrianne is just ok..

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
She looks cool. I'm still not interested in this game yet but I'm glad it's getting new stuff.

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
original characters for licensed anime games don't really get me hyped at all. For fighting games I can kinda understand, but if this is an adventure action rpg kinda game based off the series, what's the point of adding a new OC? What service does this have? There's plenty of content in the DBZ anime alone to have a 30+hour action/adventure RPG game without resorting to new characters, story elements, etc. And that's not even taking into consideration all of the DBZ Movies, or DB Super, or any of the DB Super movies... or DB Flashback sequences... or so much more. Outside of marketing blurb i don't see the point.

Deleted member 2669

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so sad that a design like this for a female character is such a novelty. She looks great, boob armor aside. It's too bad she's probably a joke character.

Last edited:

Solrac

Nov 4, 2017
6161200-1668841217-cvQlh.gif

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
If you were wondering her name pun is "breast milk."
It's a minor thing, but I think it's more "mother's milk". The "breast" part is also in Ginyu's name pun:

牛乳 = Gyuunyuu = Cow milk
牛 = Gyuu = Cow
äął = Nyuu = Breast / milk

母乳 = Bonyuu = Mother's milk
母 = Bo = Mother
äął = Nyuu = Breast / milk

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Poses were the best part of Ginyu Force. Good riddance :P

We pretending we love the poses unironically and not because it's hilarious that in universe everyone (with the exception of possibly Gohan) thinks they are lame?

It's so sad that a design like this for a female character is such a novelty. She looks great, boob armor aside. It's too bad she's probably a joke character.

Funny thing about the boob armor is, altho they exemplified literally why it's a boob armor in the Broly movie, the idea that those are form fitting elastic armors was always a thing since Vegeta turned into a ozaru.

Last edited:

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Came in expecting some lame character.
Left with badass looking Ginyu Force member. Feels good.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Love the design, it's cool that Toriyama has branched out in terms of body shapes in recent years.
You know I kinda hope we start seeing crossover between these expanded universe characters. Lets see 21 and Bonyu in Xenoverse and stuff like that.
Well Towa and Mira are in shit tons of DB games, so maybe they'll show up in this.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Holy hell this design is terrible...

Ya, not a fan of the design either

But at least there are more female characters introduced in the dragon ball universe

Wonder if she will end up like those twin characters that showed up in the special for vegeta's brother lol

Bet you she gets killed by vegeta during th inbetween story segment of saiyan saga and freiza saga

Nov 14, 2017
Bonyu meaning breast milk is no different than Bulma/Bloomers or Chi Chi/Titty or Krillin/Kuririn meaning walnut?, aka Japanese slang for the clitoris.

And it sorta fits in with the Ginyu Force's theme of being named after dairy products.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
original characters for licensed anime games don't really get me hyped at all. For fighting games I can kinda understand, but if this is an adventure action rpg kinda game based off the series, what's the point of adding a new OC? What service does this have? There's plenty of content in the DBZ anime alone to have a 30+hour action/adventure RPG game without resorting to new characters, story elements, etc. And that's not even taking into consideration all of the DBZ Movies, or DB Super, or any of the DB Super movies... or DB Flashback sequences... or so much more. Outside of marketing blurb i don't see the point.
So that it's not the same old boring story we've been playing through for decades now. More original characters, I say.

Dalcop

Nov 28, 2017
I'm fine with the look and design, just wish they'd given her another primary color to make her distinct from the rest (especially Jeice) and go further into the Sentai influence, even if they were still going with the "OC family member" angle as her background.