• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Not sure how legit the info is but considering that dmc5 was leaked on 4chan and how some of the info on the DD2 leak match with what with know about capcom future plan, its still and interesting read.

Most recents info :
I am in a position that allows me to know certain details regarding the next Dragon's Dogma.

I am pleased to notee that some of you have kept track of what I've wrote in the past, but one post seems to have slipped through the cracks (maybe deleted or not posted perhaps in error). Anyway, I've updated it and am posting it here for you for better clarity

Almost all of what I wrote last time is confirmed except for the end-game coop, it's still happening but downgraded to a lower priority (most likely as update post-launch). Let's start from some technical info: there have been some hiccups in the last months. The team is more than satisfied with what has been achieved with the RE Engine, especially in the dungeons (magics are amazing but for now there is a very limited ray tracing, some sources are baked in a smart way, especially a new kind of fake tone mapping).However, problems have occurred in large open areas with a lot of trees/vegetation (some fights have literally brought dev-kits to their knees, even using extra power from upgraded pc stations). Currently the team is forced to choose whether to have more than 10+ enemies on screen or use sorceries with very complex animations like the tidal wave or 溶岩の海(?). The developers are still consulting with the RE guys occasionally, working to optimize the performance as much as possible.

About the character creator I learned that it is made to be used also with the Arisen, the mask will be mandatory only for about half of the campaign (you can see him without in the tutorial and permanently after a certain event later)-COMFIRMED. However the Phersu (mask) can still be removed temporarily but it will cause a radical change in the world, revealing our position and exposing us to stronger and more aggressive enemies, some of them impossible to defeat without specific equipment. There are quite complex mechanics behind all this, there will be ALSO the chance to permanently sacrifice your pawn and make it corrupted in exchange for unique pieces of armor. Unfortunately I'm not able to know everything I want.. hopefully I will be able to find out more by the end of this summer.

About a possible announcement, Itsuno is so excited that he would love to reveal the game as soon as possible but for now is scheduled for the tenth anniversary yet at the same time he's adamant on some points, he does not want to retract on the ideas planned at the beginning and strangely enough the higher ups seem to go along with him for now. This, coupled with the limited availability of PS5 and new GPUs, will lead to a considerable delay in the release date (it is rumored to be Q4 2022 or Q1 2023). I read you guys when I can but I get confused because you talk very little about video games, if there is any news to share without compromising my position I will keep you updated.

Past info :
1618228589731.png

Please let me know if all of this was already posted. With E3 approaching Im excited to see what capcom games will be featured there

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
They better have something like this again ... (even without 4chan based of that Capcom leak we knew this was happening, right?)

OP
OP
GTOAkira

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Yeah we knew DD2 was happening with the recent capcom leak but the overall info about the game is new.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Easily one of the BEST games of the last gen, will be truly pumped if it gets an announcement.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
I am not even going to lie, DD2 stuff is one of the few things that excites with me gaming right now. Very little else does.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I am not even going to lie, DD2 stuff is one of the few things that excites with me gaming right now. Very little else does.
Kinda agree. I am playing a lot of older and indie games right now, so gaming is still a lot of fun for me. But most upcoming AAA games seem kinda uninteresting to me. DD2 will get me VERY excited though. It's my favourite action-style and open-world RPG. It's just that good. I already finished it three times and I rarely play the game more than once.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
I hoping this leak is BS because the mask part doesn't sound appealing at all

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
*Gets popcorn*

The mask thing still bothers me, but Itsuno is one of those rare devs that I trust almost unconditionally.

Kunjiru

Apr 14, 2020
Hell yeah, bring it on! I trust Itsuno, he's the man that always delivers. Hope we see it sooner than later, but covid is a bitch so it might be later.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
I thought I read it was Xbox/PC/PS5 but I can't find that anymore. If this leak is true, with how they only mention PS5 and not current gen shortages, it wouldn't surprise me if the rumor is true that it's not coming to Xbox, or at least won't for a year.

DD is one of my favorite RPGs of all time, fantastic combat and everything... besides the story. Would be interesting seeing if that improves. Gameplay is by far top notch.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I want the best looking spell animations I've ever seen, even if it kills the hardware.

Oct 27, 2017
I hoping this leak is BS because the mask part doesn't sound appealing at all
agreed. a big part of DD1's charm was all the gimmick characters you could make with the robust creator. the newer leak seems to suggest that the mask is temporary (though still mandatory for a huge chunk of the game?) so hopefully we still have control over how the MC will (eventually) look.

really excited about co-op surprisingly. hopefully their experience with DD Online will lead to a nicely-balanced online action RPG (since granblue relink is vaporware)

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I am there for DD2. Masks huh. Not sure how I feel about that. Sacrificing your pawn for gear sounds interesting, but unless its really good or they're collecting it, kinda hard to give them up.

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 leaked on Era first, not on 4ch. 4ch did have a legit leak right before its announcement but a lot of stuff about DMC5 was leaked before hand.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Weren't capcom hacked?

Bold to fake a leak regarding them
Things changed the second that stuff got out.
Not everything was leaked (Ex: SFV's final character remains a secret), plus things could have easily changed between when that data was initially made & when it got leaked (let alone between then & now).

For starters, we probably shouldn't get our hopes up too high for anything listed in that giga-list beyond 2022. Hell, not everything is listed in that giga-list (Ex: GnGR & AA7 aren't on the list, even though the former panned out). 2 of the games were even hidden behind codenames (albeit far-off games, so it could go either way for those).

Igniz12

Oct 25, 2017
Im guessing the pawn sacrifice and getting an armor in return must be some kind of lone wolf mechanic.

I typically loathe AI companions in games, especially action heavy games but DD was the few times I actually welcomed it because it added so much craziness to the combat.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I'm cool with co-op being built for an end game dungeon. Seems more feasible than making it for the open(ish) world even though I'd love for it to be there too. As long as some kind of co-op makes it in. Let's be real though, I'll be happy if/when DD2 gets confirmed at all.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I love all the crazy spell effects and stuff, but I love 60fps even more. I hope they have a performance mode at least.

Im guessing the pawn sacrifice and getting an armor in return must be some kind of lone wolf mechanic.

I typically loathe AI companions in games, especially action heavy games but DD was the few times I actually welcomed it because it added so much craziness to the combat.

I think some vocations (assassin, maybe?) in the first had similar stat bonuses for travelling alone.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That pawn character creator sounds fucking nuts with bone structure and density and placement of muscle/fat and how they flex?! GOTM if true.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not everything was leaked (Ex: SFV's final character remains a secret), plus things could have easily changed between when that data was initially made & when it got leaked (let alone between then & now).

For starters, we probably shouldn't get our hopes up too high for anything listed in that giga-list beyond 2022. Hell, not everything is listed in that giga-list (Ex: GnGR & AA7 aren't on the list, even though the former panned out). 2 of the games were even hidden behind codenames (albeit far-off games, so it could go either way for those).
GnGR was but it was under the codename Guillotine. There was a couple like that like "Shield" for a example and some other ones for example that no one knows what they are referred to. Like Capcom A and F iirc.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
GnGR was but it was under the codename Guillotine. There was a couple like that like "Shield" for a example and some other ones for example that no one knows what they are referred to. Like Capcom A and F iirc.
Yeah, in other parts of the leak. I was referring to the giga-list in particular, where GnGR wasn't referred to by even its codename. As for the lettered codenames you mentioned, they were NEW C & B, with the former likely being a Versus game going by the sales numbers tied to it (2.8 million or something along those lines).

rude

Oct 25, 2017
The specificity of Itsuno helping on Final Fight when that was something nobody was talking about makes this more believable than usual to me. The details of this project are also weird in a way that don't sound completely made up. The mask thing in particular sounds like something dumb that Capcom would probably do.

Dec 23, 2017
God, please let it be real. I need DD2!

www.resetera.com

Dragon's Dogma - Love & Appreciation

The original Dragon's Dogma released back in 2012, on the PS3 and Xbox 360. Directed by the man himself Hideaki Itsuno, gracing us with his take on the Action Adventure Hack & Slash RPG genre. Featuring a quest system where some quests could be completed in different ways, allowing the...
CmL5oZm.jpg

Last edited: