• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Finished version 4. I was surprised they didn't give me another lump of exp at the end of that; I was really counting on it!

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Finished version 2 last night. I loved the last dungeon, the art was really moody you could feel the evil in there. There were some great set-pieces too like following the young princess through the spooky cosmic road. The story was great, I hope v3 is as good, Is v3 the one with that little time traveling chicken guy? Something about him gives me the willies.

On to Version 3, which if I move at the same pace I'll finish up in the year 2029. Look forward to it!

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
2 is by far my favorite. The stories, the characters, the map, etc. 4 is the time travel story with Kyururu, it's my second favorite.
(I have a stuffed Kyururu from Dragon Quest Summer Festival 2019)

OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Version 3 is the dragon tribe expansion. I liked some of the stories, but I think overall it has been the weakest one. I haven't actually started 5 yet... hopefully soon.

OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The voice acting in version 5 took a bit getting used to, but I'm really enjoying it now. Everything has been pretty cool, although at the same time it does feel a bit condensed, probably because they did have to voice everything. I've done the two east and west kingdoms and stopped for now.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
The voice acting in version 5 took a bit getting used to, but I'm really enjoying it now. Everything has been pretty cool, although at the same time it does feel a bit condensed, probably because they did have to voice everything. I've done the two east and west kingdoms and stopped for now.
I don't know if VA has been the reason, but the main story of 5.0 is very, very short. I think I finished it over the weekend and honestly it would have probably been doable in a day.
Luckily the patches are the usual length, so it takes a bit to get through them.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The VO in that first bit was kinda awkward too, like they hadn't figured out how to handle transitions and music and etc. It gets much better as it goes.

guru-guru

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't messed too much with accessory stuff (apart from simple fusing) - know of any good guides? I should spend some time trying to improve my gear
I just used this to get an idea on fusing/what the best accessories are:

There are probably better guides out there though!

I've made it to 5.2 now. Feeling a little burnt out and might wait a month before finally catching up fully.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Version 6 dropping in four days! Anyone else gonna be playing?

Just finished leveling every vocation to at least 60 for reasons I am unable to explain. Think I'm all set. Excited to take pirate for a spin~

FDj0efQaIAEhzqZ

OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't finished version 5, and I'll have FF5PR and SMT5 this week, then Endwalker in December, so DQ10 is taking a bit of a backseat. But I've never been able to start an expansion for DQ10 at release... always been way behind. :(

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I still haven't finished version 5, and I'll have FF5PR and SMT5 this week, then Endwalker in December, so DQ10 is taking a bit of a backseat. But I've never been able to start an expansion for DQ10 at release... always been way behind. :(
Yeah I hear ya - what a year it's been for RPGs. I wanna play all the PRs too but holding out for console versions. Excited for Endwalker too!

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Hopefully I can finish both DQX 6.0 and SMTV before EW hits, although the latter will most likely have priority.
That said, when 5.0 came out it was possible to beat it in not even a whole weekend, so I do wonder if this one will be as short.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Has anyone else finished 6.0?
While I enjoyed the new cast of characters, the base expansion definitely didn't blow my mind, especially compared to how strong the previous ones were. Hopefully the following patches will be really good.
For anyone interested, I think you can beat the whole 6.0 in under 10 hours, plus all the bosses have difficulty settings from the get go - no real problems there.

john tv

8-4 End Boss
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't dug too deep - the first major boss kicked my ass and I got a little tired so I spent a bunch of time doing other stuff. My pirate is level 100 and I'm stubbornly determined to get to 120 even though I don't really love it as a class (lol). I'll probably get back to the main story next weekend though. Congrats on finishing!

Leo

Oct 27, 2017
So how long is the main story in each version?

I'm asking cause I'm curious if each new version in the offline remake will have the same lenght of the base game. Version 2 is already announced as DLC, so should it basically double the lenght of the base game?

OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Getting back into the game since I have nothing else going on this week... Trying to remember where I was, looks like somewhere in the desert city in 5.0. Gotta do the new inventory quests first though. And maybe unlock pirate.

Last edited:

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Getting back into the game since I have nothing else going on this week... Trying to remember where I was, looks like somewhere in the desert city in 5.0. Gotta do the new inventory quests first though. And maybe unlock pirate.
Pirate unlock is very quick and you get enough skill points to max out the passive right away so I definitely recommend that.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
When taken as a whole, how many hours of content is this? I know they are making an offline version that may or may not eventually come to the west. Just curious how much content there is for this.

OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow...(???) I completely missed that they added the gadabout job to this game. I was browsing through the job quests in my quest log and saw the unlock quest for that. Really weird how a whole job just totally flew under my radar.

When taken as a whole, how many hours of content is this? I know they are making an offline version that may or may not eventually come to the west. Just curious how much content there is for this.

My current character, who is near the beginning of version 5 and has done pretty much nothing but main story quests and important sidequest unlocks has 330 hours clocked. There is tons more to do in the game. It has a lot of horizontal progression, unlike most MMOs today.

Kschreck

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
Somehow...(???) I completely missed that they added the gadabout job to this game. I was browsing through the job quests in my quest log and saw the unlock quest for that. Really weird how a whole job just totally flew under my radar.

My current character, who is near the beginning of version 5 and has done pretty much nothing but main story quests and important sidequest unlocks has 330 hours clocked. There is tons more to do in the game. It has a lot of horizontal progression, unlike most MMOs today.

Awesome thanks. Hope it comes to the West someday. :)

OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I finished 5.0. Thoughts

I really enjoyed it up until now. But I was also enjoying the lack of Mysterious Girl that every other expansion has had until now. Sure enough, they introduce one. Come on.

OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Finished 5.1. That was pretty good.

The game makes pretty strong overtures about Yushka and Nazine being a couple, and that was surprising and unexpected.

OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Now I've finished 5.4. I was really impressed with the AI party switching dungeon at the end. That was neat.

Sinople

Oct 27, 2017
Mega bump I guess.
If anyone's still playing, looks like starting with the next patch, they'll finally make characters walk 1.5 times faster (in towns only, but that's where it's mostly needed). I'm glad because that was one of my biggest complaint with the game. Sure, teleporters helped but that wasn't quite it.
As for the new expansion, it doesn't look that appealing from what they've shown so far. I'm still in the middle of version 4 (I'll really try to finish it this year) and I may be missing some things, but I am under the impression version 5, or maybe 6?, was the grand finale to what they intended storywise, so I can't get really excited about it...

Last edited: