• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I feel like some of the hard mode items might actually detract from the experience for a first playthrough, but I'd totally turn them all on for a second playthrough.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, had no idea about Draconian mode! Seems like an interesting way to add a bit of challenge.

What is the thought process behind Shypox though? A means to prevent extra hints on progression from some NPC's?

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is there no trophy list anywhere? I couldn't find one with google.

Still debating over getting the PC version for $45 and taking a chance that the port doesn't suck or possibly waiting for a console sale.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
cKxFTky.jpg

Okay this is way too adorable.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
So beyond excited for this game. Though torn on platform to play on. If PC was confirmed to be decently optimized, and easily able to mod orchestrated music, it would be a bit easier. But I do have a PS4 Pro and 4K TV so that is nice too.

pretty hopeful about the PC port. i don't think it'd launch alongside the ps4 release if it was some unoptimized crap job, seems like it was prioritized for a successful western rollout

pure speculation but i wouldn't waffle too much over it personally (well, at least i didn't)

TaleSpun

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for Teusday. Have a bunch of TV to binge to make the weekend go quickly, so that's nice haha.

What are the arguments in favor of Shypox? That's such an interesting inclusion.

Vaelic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wow. first im hearing about this composer guy..... horrible. ill still buy the game but dang

Nov 15, 2017
Whoa, had no idea about Draconian mode! Seems like an interesting way to add a bit of challenge.

What is the thought process behind Shypox though? A means to prevent extra hints on progression from some NPC's?

The main handicap to shypox is that the main character has like a 20% or so chance to freeze up in battle and lose his turn.

OP
OP
Aeana

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really feel like any of the restricted mode things in the JP version were worth anything. The two they added for the western version are much better. They should have been there from the start.

aspiring

Oct 25, 2017
First dragon quest for me and absolutely cannot wait! Hopefully fills the void left by Ni No Kuni 2.

Great OP!!!

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
I have waited 13 years for a mainline DQ to be on a console again, can't fucking wait. Ordered the CE and Square sucks with shipping and it's not getting here until the 5th. Sad about it.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I wanted to get through all the main DQ games before this released, but didn't want to burn out so paced myself and well, I didn't make it. Yet to play 2, 3, 8 and 9.

Oh well, jumping in to this day one and will go back to the others later. So excited, it looks amazing.

Fjordson

Oct 25, 2017
I have waited 13 years for a mainline DQ to be on a console again, can't fucking wait. Ordered the CE and Square sucks with shipping and it's not getting here until the 5th. Sad about it.
Yeah, they suck.

Just got my estimated delivery in the tracking. September 10th. Fucking RIP getting this during the release week.

Zetsubou_

Aug 24, 2018
Since the release date for Dragon Quest XI was getting closer and my Edition of Lost Time hadn't shipped, I sent an email to Square Enix Store's customer support, got a tracking number yesterday, and if it's to be believed I'll be getting the game tomorrow. Pretty excited to play it a few days early.

unfashionable

Oct 29, 2017
Wow bought a 1060 laptop specifically because I thought it would run DQXI at 60 fps 1080p, and they specifically mention it as recommended, It is a LAPTOP 1060 so hopefully it can hit the same frame rate.

Since changing countries I had to leave my 1080 Ti desktop at high res so hopefully I can adjust to the reduced detail visible on a smaller screen thats 1080p. I am thinking the abstract artwork will look OK (eg not highly tectured realistic looking people like Witcher 3)

Feels weird to have this come out. LOVED DQVIII and would love to play that game on switch Been so many years since playing VIII as my introduction to the series, been waiting for a high production single player game (not DS or online) for years and its finally happening

Anyone expect GMG to send codes out before the release date? Be nice to preload.

OwensboroEsq

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really feel like any of the restricted mode things in the JP version were worth anything. The two they added for the western version are much better. They should have been there from the start.

Aeana, do you know if any of the draconain mode changes make the game "un-fair" for someone who's never played it before? I'd like a challenge and would love to turn the "harder Monsters" one on, but absolutely would hate dying over and over to things I just wouldn't know unless I had already beaten the game once (like, say, any kind of boss gimmick that isn't telegraphed well).

Great OT by the way. Thanks for explaining each Draconain Mode.

I'm super jealous some of you already have it.

decoyplatypus

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
"Dragon Quest 11: Echoes of an Elusive Age follows the perilous journey of a hunted hero who must uncover the mystery of his fate with the aid of a charismatic cast of supporting characters"

Aeana's been bitten by the DQ alliteration bug.

Man, I wish my copy would arrive today. I will not have time to play next week or weekend :(

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
The lack of orchestrated music is really really off putting. I'm going to check some streams here and there next week and see how it fares.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm guessing the new ones are the increased enemy strength and reduced xp? Those are definitely the two I was looking at turning on first time around given comments about the game being on the easy side.

RoninChaos

Oct 26, 2017
Man, square fucked up not releasing it this week so we could play it this weekend. I'd have LOVED to play it this weekend.

I should have ordered it from best buy. My copy of Zone of the Enders 2 will be here tomorrow even though it's street date is tuesday. Fucking amazon, always shipping shit to arrive on time. lol

Vicious17

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
So... how long do we think it takes for someone to hack the music tracks on PC and replace them with the orchestral version?

Also, anyone get their GMG code yet?