• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Slayer of the sands on Draconian is bs, Veronica gets one shot in the first few turns every time so you might as well only have 3 party members.. if I'm going to need to do a load of grinding for every boss I might just put the difficulty down to normal

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
Slayer of the sands on Draconian is bs, Veronica gets one shot in the first few turns every time so you might as well only have 3 party members.. if I'm going to need to do a load of grinding for every boss I might just put the difficulty down to normal
Slayer of the sands was, imo, the biggest difficulty spike on Draconian. I actually gave up Draconian on it, went forward, felt strange, and went back to it.

Generally, going forward, you are going to have more abilities to help handle loss and just more survivability. There are a couple more spikes in the first act, but the second act is pretty smooth on Draconian.

As for slayer of the sands: try to dazzle/sleep it--these are particularly important given the desperate attacks. Use buffs and debuffs--these can really help burn him faster and defend against his normal attacks. Use parry--a parried attack is a great spike source of mitigation. Line up your party to better defend it against the onslaught (leftmost is most likely to be targeted).

Do you have the gear from the horse race? It isn't hard to get and is quite good. In general, do you have the crafted gear? This stuff can help a good bit.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
What level are you?
The Gallopolis region is the only area where I felt weak throughout, and felt it was necessary to overlevel the area to beat enemies comfortably (at least judging by the level the new companion joins). At level 17 you should be able to defeat the boss without excessive trouble, although bad luck with the RNG can become your doom. Dazzling and debuffing the boss defence should be the top priorities. I would also recommend having Erik with knives and his sleeper cut ability, as its miles better than relying on the sleep spell.

Either way, I would heavily suggest to not drop the harder enemies modifier. The game is fairly easy with it on as far as I have seen (about to enter the final dungeon in Act 2), so I really can't imagine how dull an experience it would have been with it off. I would recommend to at least wait until the boss from the next area to make your choice of dropping the modifier, as in my experience Gallopolis represented a harder jump in difficulty that hasn't been replicated yet.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I managed to beat it, actually have Veronica alive for the whole fight makes a massive difference

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I think still early game based on some of the numbers I've seen thrown around but this has to do with Octagonia.

Who gives a shit if Vince was doing what he was doing for a good caused, he was murdering people and he just gets off scott free. That's some shit.

Oct 25, 2017
Question

How does Irwin pass on to the afterlife? I thought with the world tree destroyed people aren't able to pass on and just get stuck in the void?

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
I am level 67,close to 120 hours of play...how come I cant even make a Frizzle foil yet for a certain quest,jesus...also my sidequest journal says 57 quests but the Walkthrough I am using when I get stuck talks about 60 sidequest...?

Kylarean

Oct 25, 2017
Gig Harbor, WA
I am level 67,close to 120 hours of play...how come I cant even make a Frizzle foil yet for a certain quest,jesus...also my sidequest journal says 57 quests but the Walkthrough I am using when I get stuck talks about 60 sidequest...?

You can buy the Fizzle Foil from a shop in Gallopolis.

edit: or Gondolia. Can't remember, other than I bought it.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
I think still early game based on some of the numbers I've seen thrown around but this has to do with Octagonia.

Who gives a shit if Vince was doing what he was doing for a good caused, he was murdering people and he just gets off scott free. That's some shit.

I like Octagonia story, but that part could be handled better...

Vince is clearly murdering people for a few years now, and he doesn't even get punished ? It's even absurb that he actually confess his crime and the city forgive him.

I was expecting Vince to turn himself in, admits his crime, says that he will take whatever punishment in exchange for the orphanage being taken care of by the city.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
For those who finished the main story.

The big bad just revealed himself and took the sword.

About how far into the game am I?

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
For those who finished the main story.

The big bad just revealed himself and took the sword.

About how far into the game am I?
Times vary a lot. You are into what is colloquially known as Act 2 now.

For me act 1 took 50 hours, act 2 took 30-35 and then post game took 70 but I did more than needed for platinum.

I was also talking a lot, crafting a lot, moseying around a lot, and playing with stronger monsters so....plenty of people accomplished everything I did in less time and you don't need to do all that at all.

Some people I've talked to ended with game clocks sub-70 hours.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

But orphans tho.
I like Octagonia story, but that part could be handled better...

Vince is clearly murdering people for a few years now, and he doesn't even get punished ? It's even absurb that he actually confess his crime and the city forgive him.

I was expecting Vince to turn himself in, admits his crime, says that he will take whatever punishment in exchange for the orphanage being taken care of by the city.

The game handles this badly but y'all sorta missed that...

They're not dead. That's why Jade isn't fighting with you during that boss- while you fight, she's cutting them down to save them.

So he didn't murder anyone. But he still does kinda get away with it too easily; I appreciate that everyone in the town is understanding, but it going as far as pushing "well, it's our fault for pushing the arena so much and wanting a hero" was a little much...?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

They're not dead. That's why Jade isn't fighting with you during that boss- while you fight, she's cutting them down to save them.

So he didn't murder anyone. But he still does kinda get away with it too easily; I appreciate that everyone in the town is understanding, but it going as far as pushing "well, it's our fault for pushing the arena so much and wanting a hero" was a little much...?

I don't have problem if that's the case but,

I'm pretty sure Vince has been doing this for years.
- He is the champion of last year.
- Missing fighter case have been happening since before this year tournament.
- The spider boss is not in a wounded state when you fight it.

Unless I'm missing something ?

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

He's been champion for a few years now. He murdered people. The people rescued were those from this tournament.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Man this game is top notch quality on every front -BUT- the music soundtrack. It is truly baffling too me. Anyone got any links that I should google on what happened behind the scenes?

What's sad I actually like the soundtracks. But its played way too much. That overworld music is driving me nuts now. And I'm stuck with PS4 ver!! I am so sad I didnt get this on PC instead so I can 'fix'.

I aint even picky bout soundtracks. I never whine bout this. TRhis is the 1st game ever that has driven me nuts with the same track over and over and over and over.

I made it to Tentacular how much longer do I have til this game is over? I love the game but hate the redundancy of the beats

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
Act 3 question:

Is there an easy way to call Cetacea? Every time I need to ride her, I end up Zooming to Havens Above, taking 3 steps and turning around. Surely there's a better way?

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
Beaten act 2, and thus, the bulk of the narrative.

It has been an enjoyable experience, with a likeable cast and a much more solid combat system than I thought I would get. But man, it's way too damn generic. No effort at all was put in the world building, the plot is as basic as it gets in concept and execution, and how it handles its dungeon and field design is exactly in the same barren way as its low budget competiton.

I liked it, but I really didn't manage to see what most people see in it. Let's see if act 3 makes me change my mind, but I'm a bit scared of playing it due to a certain plot device used early on in the game that hasn't been explained or addressed yet, and I get the feeling it will be the focus of the 3rd act, and I really fear what they have done with it if that's the case.

Open Wound

Nov 7, 2017
Act 3 is central to the narrative. It really shouldn't be post-game: it ties everything together to deliver the message of the game.
I know, there's two big plot elements that haven't been addressed yet. I just wanted to share my opinion of the game as the end of act 2 felt like a good place to take a break from the game. Once I finish with DUSK I will go back to finish it.

MoonFrog

Oct 25, 2017
I know, there's two big plot elements that haven't been addressed yet. I just wanted to share my opinion of the game as the end of act 2 felt like a good place to take a break from the game. Once I finish with DUSK I will go back to finish it.
No I get that. I felt that way at the time too (that things had reached a conclusion).

But the third act really reflects back on what has been going on in the rest of the game and brings out what the game is saying about it all, is what I mean. It isn't so much about plot points but about how parts of the whole relate to each other. Act 3 brings things to a point.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
My Luminary is two levels behind everyone else because of the boss fights where I win, but he's dead at the end of the battle.

FireCloud

Dec 26, 2017
Just started last night. My first DQ game. Was only able to play for a couple of hours before I needed to go to bed but I've been thinking about it all day today.

That's pretty much it. Just wanted to chime in.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
Just started last night. My first DQ game. Was only able to play for a couple of hours before I needed to go to bed but I've been thinking about it all day today.

That's pretty much it. Just wanted to chime in.
I thought the first few hours were slow, but the game really picks up once you start meeting main party members.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
It really picks up when 2018's Best New Character joins the party.

X76hhm7.jpg

kenta

Oct 25, 2017
Approaching the end now (102 hours and ticking) and I love love love this game.

But bosses with 3 turns per round can choke on a hamburger filled with rusty nails. Fought one last night, swapped in my boy Sylvando at one point who *immediately* took 3 consecutive hits and died. Forget that

...I really do love this game though

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
How much grinding should I be doing?

I was killing all the monsters in an area before moving on for the first 15 hours or so but since then I usually just kill all the new monsters in an area and ignore all the others.

My entire party is Level 27-24 and I've just reached Lonalulu. Only playing on the standard difficulty level.

Deleted member 46958

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
I just finished Act 3, true final boss.

I have never felt as satisfied with a JRPG experience until now, and I know my way around. Game's near perfect.

Andrew J

Oct 26, 2017
The Adirondacks
After more than three months and approximately 106 hours on my save file, platinum get! What with getting the best armors, leveling all the characters up to 99, and putting lots of effort into getting weapons and shields too, the final boss was understandably kind of a cakewalk. But that's fine by me.

The end credits sequence was pretty cool, don't think I've ever seen one quite like it.

Now, I'm going to play a bunch of short indie platformers.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
man i am super bummed out right now.
I haven´t touched the game since release (played 5 hours) because i wanted to finish AC:O first.
Did that yesterday and started Dragon quest up this morning.
The game keeps a few seconds t after i click the "play game" option .
A black window pops up for a sec, then the game bugs out...
I hope it`s not the orchestra mod. Everything worked fine a few weeks ago.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
SUPER RANDOM THOUGHT: It always bums me out in RPGs when a location you get kicked out of before you get to explore it, like the Gyldenhal throne room, doesn't have some cool treasure for the weirdos like me that waste time backtracking to it.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Are there any trick to get jackpot in roulette ?

Fk this sidequest and whoever made it.

Edit : complaining in the internet apparently work. Tried the 12/14 method from gfaqs and betting 2000 coins on number 12 and 14 each, managed to land 72.000 coins three times (twice on number 12 and once on number 14) before landed on jackpot, all under 25 minutes.

Last edited:

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
What "Act" am I on?
I just made it to that Tibetan monk Temple where this little avatar kid walks out to greet me. My whole world is aflame basically and the bad guy has "won". Just curious am I getting close to any sort of resolution?

[edit] Ah google to the rescue. I am on Act 2

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
What "Act" am I on?
I just made it to that Tibetan monk Temple where this little avatar kid walks out to greet me. My whole world is aflame basically and the bad guy has "won". Just curious am I getting close to any sort of resolution?

[edit] Ah google to the rescue. I am on Act 2

You just started Act 2. Basically you're maybe a bit further than a third thought the whole game.

Curufinwe

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DE
I've already grinded a few levels after
Tatsunaga in Hotto
in Act 2 completely wrecked me. Hopefully that'll be enough, and I won't have to grind a few more.