• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
man i am super bummed out right now.
I haven´t touched the game since release (played 5 hours) because i wanted to finish AC:O first.
Did that yesterday and started Dragon quest up this morning.
The game keeps a few seconds t after i click the "play game" option .
A black window pops up for a sec, then the game bugs out...
I hope it`s not the orchestra mod. Everything worked fine a few weeks ago.

Which version do you have? The original version doesn't work anymore.

Andi

Oct 29, 2017
Which version do you have? The original version doesn't work anymore.

Definitely the original version, we are talking about the orchestra mod right? I just redownloades the game to see if that would fix it but if you as that it has to do with the mod then a source for an updated version would be much appreciated :)

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Erik's feeling pretty useless at the moment (Godola)... there haven't been any new knives or boomerangs for like 10 hours and I'm not seeing any reason to ever put him in the party

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Erik's feeling pretty useless at the moment (Godola)... there haven't been any new knives or boomerangs for like 10 hours and I'm not seeing any reason to ever put him in the party

Erik'a damage is pretty shit until you get the ability that makes dual weild the same damage on each hand and the other ability that triples his moves for a turn. Then he can do some bonkers damage.

Cornbread78

Oct 25, 2017
Northeast USA
Man, on the third trial of Act 3, WTF....... I mean, yeah, WTF.

What is the recommended level for this and are there any accesories to prevent the onslaught of status effects?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I've already grinded a few levels after
Tatsunaga in Hotto
in Act 2 completely wrecked me. Hopefully that'll be enough, and I won't have to grind a few more.

Just a quick question...

Have you been told to go to Hotto? You don't have to fight them ASAP.

I struggled against that boss too, as I didn't have the full party back yet.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
PlayStation Plus members have access to a DLC item today, the Kaiser Axe:

This isn't a new item, it already exists and is craftable, but this gives it to you early which might help newer players at the start of the second half of the game.

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I really wish I can replay this game. I finished up everything and did the wheel. Im gonna guess that its safe to say this game isnt going to get dlc or a expansion? This was probably one of my favourite games of 2018, Sylvando and Jade were the best.

Suburban Thug

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Midwest
Man this game is long....put it down to beat AC Odyssey and just came back today. Kind of overwhelmed with the length and might just play for a few more days before quitting. I can always watch the ending on youtube.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish I can replay this game. I finished up everything and did the wheel. Im gonna guess that its safe to say this game isnt going to get dlc or a expansion? This was probably one of my favourite games of 2018, Sylvando and Jade were the best.
Yep this is me right now. Sunk 180 hours and platinumed this masterpiece in October and want to have a reason to go back and keep playing. If the Switch version gets extra stuff I hope we can get it at least as paid DLC on PS4 but lets face it, we'll probably get jack shit.

Just got this. Anyone know if I can switch to the japanese original interface?
You cant but why would you? The new one is better al around. Its not just the color and size of the windoes that they changed you know?

Deleted member 34881

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Yep this is me right now. Sunk 180 hours and platinumed this masterpiece in October and want to have a reason to go back and keep playing. If the Switch version gets extra stuff I hope we can get it at least as paid DLC on PS4 but lets face it, we'll probably get jack shit.
Honestly Ill probably will re buy it on switch just so I can have a reason to replay it again lol.

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
Hey Merry Christmas guys! OK a few questions I'm hoping you can help me out with(spoilers obviously)...

1)I just got back from the void with a reincarnated Rab and learned the super special(forgot its name). Now, after training with the little monk dude in Pang Lai, Rab suggests we go to a place called Arboria. Well, in fact during a party talk with him, he's now suggesting we go to the Champs Savauge and "have a look around". Ummm, OK I'm at the Champs Savauge but now what? Where in this big area does Rab want us to go? Can someone point me in the right direction?

2)Getting back to Arboria. Well, I don't remember this place at all. Would someone be so kind as to tell me how to find this place?

3)Now that I've got Rab back in my party and I'm done with Pang Lai, I now see a bunch of new side quests that's opened up which took me by surprise. Do you suggest I complete these quests before heading to Arboria, or does it not matter?

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished Arboria Act 2.

Goddamn it I cry for the second time :'(

I can't believe two of the weakest (the most boring) party member in Act 1, Erik and Serena, became the strongest one thanks to their story arc.

Anyway, even if the rest of the game botched, game is GOTY for me and is one of the best JRPG I ever played.

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
Hey Merry Christmas guys! OK a few questions I'm hoping you can help me out with(spoilers obviously)...

1)I just got back from the void with a reincarnated Rab and learned the super special(forgot its name). Now, after training with the little monk dude in Pang Lai, Rab suggests we go to a place called Arboria. Well, in fact during a party talk with him, he's now suggesting we go to the Champs Savauge and "have a look around". Ummm, OK I'm at the Champs Savauge but now what? Where in thise big area does Rab want us to go? Can someone point me in the right direction?

2)Getting back to Arboria. Well, I don't remember this place at all. Would someone be so kind as to tell me how to find this place?

3)Now that I've got Rab back in my party and I'm done with Pang Lai, I now see a bunch of new side quests that's opened up which took me by surprise. Do you suggest I complete these quests before heading to Arboria, or does it not matter?
Merry Christmas.
As for your questions:
  1. Go to Phnom Nohm a cutscene should trigger before you get there.
  2. Is the area after Sniflheim (snowy area/town) and the snaerfelt (i don't remember the exact name)
  3. As far as I remember it doesn't matter when you do them.

Thanks for the reply. What is the best way to get to Snifheim? Do I still have access to my boat? Can I walk from Phnom Nohm to Sniflheim on foot?

Last edited by a moderator:

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Isamu maybe use spoiler tags for people not in Act 2 yet. I mean, at this point, might not be a ton of people, but then again between sales and Christmas... I guess we'll have some new blood around.

And you're a ways off from actually getting to the location in point 2 again. Just follow the immediate story for now.

Fedeuy

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
guys, 2 questions: great sword or sword and shield for the hero?, is there a way to respec?
This game is incredible, im in love.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
guys, 2 questions: great sword or sword and shield for the hero?, is there a way to respec?
Sword and shield has saved me from plenty deaths and just offers a nice extra layer of defense.

At a certain point in the story you will be able to respec characters.

Aug 27, 2018
So I beat the "final boss"...there's other stuff to do but I don't think I have it in me at this point. I may come back to this but I think I'm good with the ending that I saw, what a long ass game.

KushalaDaora

Oct 27, 2017

1) spoiler
2)spoiler
3)spoiler

Thanks for the reply. What is the best way to get to Snifheim? Do I still have access to my boat? Can I walk from Phnom Nohm to Sniflheim on foot?

1. and 2. Just keep following the instruction by Party Member from Party Talk, for now you should go to Champs Sauvage and to Phnom Nohm. You should trigger a cutscene while walking toward the town.

3. Personally I finished all the sidequests before getting to Sniflheim (and Arboria).

Sword and Shield for me, mostly for 'role-playing' reason though.

You can respec in Church/Goddess statue using Rectification option.

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
Just keep playing the story, you need to do a few things before you can go.

OK buddy I will :)

OK another question. I gotta side quest where.....

one of the big lipped monsters wants me to get my charm up to over 350 or something like that. My main hero is only a level 46 and my charm with the current clothes and accessories is only like 140 or so. What's the best way to get my charm up to meet the requirements to satisfy Mrs Big Lips? What accessories and armor/clothes should I buy or craft, and what minimum level should I be?

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico

one of the big lipped monsters wants me to get my charm up to over 350 or something like that. My main hero is only a level 46 and my charm with the current clothes and accessories is only like 140 or so. What's the best way to get my charm up to meet the requirements to satisfy Mrs Big Lips? What accessories and armor/clothes should I buy or craft, and what minimum level should I be?

You'll get an armor that increases your charm by 100. The side quest becomes easy after that.

Last edited:

Riversands

Banned
Nov 21, 2017
Personally I finished all the sidequests before getting to Sniflheim (and Arboria).

Edit: sorry, i misquoted you 😐😐

Are you talking about that french monster? Omg, that french dialect makes me dizzy. I literally do not understand that quest objective because of that.

For your answer, err you will find the costumes automatically. It is a spoiler, you will know that costume when you get it

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
Really disappointing that you have to do the stupid Wheel of Harmma to get a recipe for forging a weapon that is needed for a quest completion,which is the last one I need ,59/60...I fail at the 4th trial,need something to prevent being paralysed or shocked...? is it the same thing...?

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I'm trying to jump back in but I can't get my PC version to work anymore, it doesn't even boot. First I assumed it was the patch which screwed up the music mod but I deleted everything and redownloaded it and it still doesn't launch.

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone playing PC version can advise me if the game supports resolution above 1080p?
I went to the system settings ingame -> resolution. There are options above 1080p but they're greyed out and I can't choose ....

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Haha,are you kidding me with this last Boss of Act 3...not even coming close at level 70,oh well,great game,but at 130 hours in I think I am done,might check a guide to help with the Wheel of Harma to get the sidequest trophy,and the last Discipline trial(I really dont find the rewards funny at all).

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Haha,are you kidding me with this last Boss of Act 3...not even coming close at level 70,oh well,great game,but at 130 hours in I think I am done,might check a guide to help with the Wheel of Harma to get the sidequest trophy,and the last Discipline trial(I really dont find the rewards funny at all).

Are you
using the sword of light as an item during the fight? (Make sure it's the one you get at the end of Act 2 not the upgraded version you can make in Act 3.)

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Are you
using the sword of light as an item during the fight? (Make sure it's the one you get at the end of Act 2 not the upgraded version you can make in Act 3.)

Yeah,its the right one...I just tried once to see how it was,I didnt really check my lineup and stuff,but basically he hits way too hard,especially with those 3 turns mechanic they do with Boss fights(I am on default difficulty,didnt touch any of that the whole game)...I would need to shield Veronica for example because she dies in one turn,etc etc...

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah,its the right one...I just tried once to see how it was,I didnt really check my lineup and stuff,but basically he hits way too hard,especially with those 3 turns mechanic they do with Boss fights(I am on default difficulty,didnt touch any of that the whole game)...I would need to shield Veronica for example because she dies in one turn,etc etc...

Trying to remember what specifically I did. I know I beat it low 70s in two tries. I think I just used Veronica to Magic Burst the appendages away once and then threw her to the curb the rest of the fight. Obviously you want a lot of buffing and to use any peps you might have. Going in pepped up with a bunch of people might help a ton. Erik's guaranteed crit ability plus doppelgänger did a ton of damage for me, too.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, just came in to say that the game is finally sucking me in after 20hrs, and...unmarked spoilers.

Word to the wise: Saying "spoilers obviously" isn't the same thing as actually using spoiler tags. Yeeesh.

Slime Stack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Puerto Rico
Damn, just came in to say that the game is finally sucking me in after 20hrs, and...unmarked spoilers.

Word to the wise: Saying "spoilers obviously" isn't the same thing as actually using spoiler tags. Yeeesh.

I recommend you don't browse the OT until you finish the game or at least act 2. There's a lot of heavy spoilers that might ruin your experience if you get spoiled on it. Don't risk it. We can talk all you want after that!

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
What's the best way to quickly acquire money? I need a ton of Pep Pips for Hallelujah/Electro Light grinding, and it's been an incredibly slow process since Pep Pips are so damned expensive. I want that Platinum Trophy!

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to quickly acquire money? I need a ton of Pep Pips for Hallelujah/Electro Light grinding, and it's been an incredibly slow process since Pep Pips are so damned expensive. I want that Platinum Trophy!

Uhhh...

I know there's roulette jackpot -> trading tokens for the MP restore potion (sage elixir...? it's been months, I'm starting act 3 later today), and then selling that, since you can do that trading in bulk compared to other items. There's probably something much better that I don't know about, though.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a lot of people talk about how there aren't really any "missables" in this game, but what about monsters? I thought I'd try to fill out the bestiary, but looking back through it I think I may have somehow missed a few of the "vicious" variety. Is there any way to get a complete "Types of Monster Defeated" # if you missed any like that?

Dmax3901

Oct 25, 2017
Got the platinum. This game was great and so cosy. I actually miss it quite a lot.

Am I right in thinking they straight up showed the main character for Dragon Quest XII at the end there?

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well I'm finally diving in...

Any general advice? Don't really care about perfect runs, but general advice involving sizeable missables?

FSLink

Oct 25, 2017
Got the platinum. This game was great and so cosy. I actually miss it quite a lot.

Am I right in thinking they straight up showed the main character for Dragon Quest XII at the end there?

It's a recreation of the intro to Dragon Quest III. So it's either a cute nod since this happens right before DQ3 or it's saying we're getting a remake next.