• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just announced in today's stream :
dqbpsi4a.png

Waiting for an article to resume the infos, but they confirmed 4-player coop online and local.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
4 player co-op both online and offline is huge!! It looks so much better than the first game, which is already an amazing game. I really hope this will come to the West.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome !

1st game was huge in Japan and sold about 700k accross the initial three SKUs (PS3, PS4, Vita). This entry is more ambitious and will release in an enormous December month for the Switch and just before a great January for the PS4.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
4 player local coop ? Damn this could be really big on Switch.

Anyone has the footage from the stream ?

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
What's Goku doing there? Joking aside, I wonder what else is different from the first game.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
One day Square Enix will decide to launch a Dragon Quest game globally.

One day.

Give it a decade maybe

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Great! How long do you think we have to wait for the localization? 6 month?

No. Too soon. It's a Dragon Quest game. It's usually "Whenever they feel like it" or they just don't localize it ever. Last one took 9 months but it sold well so at this point, it'll depend on how XI does.

XI is the make or break for this series for awhile at this point. Same thing happened after VIII and IX, they stopped giving us DQ here for a long time. If the mainline game can't break into the West, they're Square and they're just going to see that as a sign to give up. So when DQXI drops on PS4/PC next week, buy it and let's see what happens.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Based on the short gameplay of the beginning and the overall intro, it looks like water is going to play a big role in the sequel. Like I expect rather than simply demos knocking down your town walls that you'll also have to combat water rushing into your town when that happens.

dqb1duck1.png

dqb2gmifi.png

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
I was under the impression that this was already announced globally. Guess, I was wrong. Have to wonder why they still do this.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that's cool, they made two separate intros this time. One for the female builder and another for the male builder. The intro for the first game only featured the male builder.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know yet if youre going to basically start over with each area again? My wife and one of my kids both loved it and then that happened and they just quit playing.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Why did they have o give the female the skirt? Both genders were equal in the first one. Lordy.

Wonder how long the wait for English will be. Was hoping for a simultaneous release seeing as the first sold really well but SE gonna SE in 2018.

Jan 9, 2018
Sweden
Good to see it finally got a release date. Wasn't expecting it to release this year at all since the updates on it have been pretty sparse. Looking forward to playing it.

The character designs are so bad :( I miss my gnome/Link hat guy.

I seem to remember that costume being a pre-order bonus or DLC or something, so you're not entirely out of luck.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Good to see it finally got a release date. Wasn't expecting it to release this year at all since the updates on it have been pretty sparse. Looking forward to playing it.

I seem to remember that costume being a pre-order bonus or DLC or something, so you're not entirely out of luck.

I think you can get the costume if you have a save file for the first game.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017

that would be cool, although that forces me to buy it day 1...lol

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Co-op is nice even though I don't plan to use it. Still been really looking forward to this game.