• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
According to the PlayStation year in review thing I clocked 100 hours on this game. I didn't see that time go. I just went for the platinum and didn't free build at all.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
Anyone here played both DQB2 and DQXI? I've heard very positive things about XI and it's vignette style story piqued my interest, but after B2, I'm rethinking on whether I should be playing XI at all. I much prefer the more guided aspect as opposed to Minecraft which got a bit boring after awhile but I am finding that I'm starting to skip dialogue because there is just soooo much, I barely get a quest before it's finished in a minute and back to just more and more dialogue, at first it was cute because the characters were interesting, but then they just revealed how 1 dimensional they were and basically were a walking trope. IT just feels like there's TOO much hand holding. I just want broader objectives but to even get those, I have to go through 5 minutes of dialogue just to get a quest that takes me 5 minutes

Regarding the vignette style in XI. I have just about finished Khrumbul Dun, it was just the same formula repeated but in a slightly different setting. I am really hoping the XI vignettes don't all follow the same formula with just a different skin?

Otherwise I am enjoying the game and will keep going but I will probably take a longer break in between play sessions. I might be getting a better appreciation of Minecraft but that's like on the complete opposite side of the spectrum. I wish there was a similar game that fits in between that. Given objectives without the inane overdrawn dialogue and repetitive story, I am thinking of checking out Satisfactory?

Honestly, I think the worst aspect for me on a personal level has to be constantly meeting
hypocritical religious people is starting to grate on my nerves. I am not and have never been a religious person by any means but damn do I just get angry when these people show up to shit on me for being a builder and saying how building is complete sin blah blah blah, they then immediately follow that up by saying they will work with me and help me, but that they are keeping an eye on me. So instead of leaving their religion and denouncing their faith, they will first completely and immediately abandon their main guiding principle to indulge in this sin until they realize they enjoy it, and only then renounce their faith, jeez. It's not even done in a comedic way like in the first season of It's Always Sunny where Mac is so Anti abortion etc until he finds out he might have gotten someone pregnant and immediately suggests an abortion to someone who is completely anti abortion too, that was hilarious

Though I suppose that's par for the course in real life too I suppose, this might just be a personal thing. Though this seems to be the story structure in both zones for every new crop of people I meet and can only assume it's repeated till the end of the game?

I do laugh a lot when I think of the lore implications that people can't build, to the point they couldn't even make basic tools before I showed up, like how have they survived until now? It almost feels like they couldn't even dig a hole before I showed up but that doesn't bother me really, its just funny to think about.

I do like Malroth though.

Jeez, didn't expect this post to be so long, sorry!

EDIT:
TDLR; Does DQIX vignette story format follow the same formula or do the different town stories have unexpected turns?

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How come I can't build this throne room? I really have no idea what I'm doing wrong

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Keep asking around. However, if I were you, I'd play it in the region that was the same as the DQB1.

EDIT: Oh wait, I'm so used to region-free DQB1 and DQB2, I forgot about other systems.
Buying the same region would cost me about an extra $20. :0
While I'd still like to know the answer, I think I'll be saving the extra $20, and saying goodbye to the save file goodies. :3

Thank you both. :)

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
Buying the same region would cost me about an extra $20. :0
While I'd still like to know the answer, I think I'll be saving the extra $20, and saying goodbye to the save file goodies. :3

Thank you both. :)
It can be checked for each region maybe, I don't know. It's on PS4 I guess? As far as I know, there's no region anymore on Switch titles right?

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Quest Builders 2 is so incredible. I was thinking I want to go back to the game now. Such a charming game!

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
So, I hit a wall with this game late last year, and -- in the quest to actually unlock the multiplayer component, am trying to finish the tutorial area (Furrowfield).

The game wants me to have 250 crops growing at a time. I have about 160 crops, *including all the seeds I have yet to plant*. Farming seeds has been incredibly slow going. Is this situation hopeless? Would I need to start a new game to proceed?

Oct 28, 2017
So, I hit a wall with this game late last year, and -- in the quest to actually unlock the multiplayer component, am trying to finish the tutorial area (Furrowfield).

The game wants me to have 250 crops growing at a time. I have about 160 crops, *including all the seeds I have yet to plant*. Farming seeds has been incredibly slow going. Is this situation hopeless? Would I need to start a new game to proceed?
You probably don't need to do that unless you really want to hit the reset button for another reason. Kill enemies that drop seeds. The orcs drop 10 random ones at a time, for instance. They are also susceptible to the Poison Needle. Just avoid hitting crops with your weapons, that depletes the seeds and causes the plant to despawn. At this point, your happy little farmers should have a farm to table pipeline set up and can harvest everything without causing any seed depletion. (That does depend on your town's level, so you might need to whack the bell again for them to gain harvesting powers.)

It is worth checking a guide and seeing if there's a portion you haven't done yet as you should have five types of seeds. You can also take the dog with you and check if there are any seeds left buried in certain areas.

If you're at a point where there's frequent or constant "ill wind" or whatever it is called, I'd urge you to rush that objective asap, as the spoilspores are quite annoying to deal with.

Elfforkusu

Oct 25, 2017
You probably don't need to do that unless you really want to hit the reset button for another reason. Kill enemies that drop seeds. The orcs drop 10 random ones at a time, for instance. They are also susceptible to the Poison Needle. Just avoid hitting crops with your weapons, that depletes the seeds and causes the plant to despawn. At this point, your happy little farmers should have a farm to table pipeline set up and can harvest everything without causing any seed depletion. (That does depend on your town's level, so you might need to whack the bell again for them to gain harvesting powers.)

It is worth checking a guide and seeing if there's a portion you haven't done yet as you should have five types of seeds. You can also take the dog with you and check if there are any seeds left buried in certain areas.

If you're at a point where there's frequent or constant "ill wind" or whatever it is called, I'd urge you to rush that objective asap, as the spoilspores are quite annoying to deal with.
I've been trying to kill enemies that (supposedly) drop seeds, but maybe I'm killing the wrong type of enemies? I'm killing the orcs and bats, but I'm not finding any drops. The only seeds I can find are what the dog picks out on the map, and that's slow going.

And yes, the spores are incredibly frustrating.

tbh, it feels like I've done something wrong (harvesting too much, probably) and can't salvage this.

Last edited:

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
I've been trying to kill enemies that (supposedly) drop seeds, but maybe I'm killing the wrong type of enemies? I'm killing the orcs and bats, but I'm not finding any drops. The only seeds I can find are what the dog picks out on the map, and that's slow going.

tbh, it feels like I've done something wrong (harvesting too much, probably) and can't salvage this.
It's been a while since I dreaded the Furrowfield level. I believed if you continue with the main story objectives, the villagers will eventually hit a breakthrough that you may find helpful in obtaining more seeds.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017

Are you killing the giant orcs with the spear?
They drop like 10 seeds everytime
I'm replaying right now and got them

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
I need to kill them with the spear?! I don't have the spear yet!

But ok, that might be it. I can try that
These, with any weapon
Dragon-Quest-Builders-2_2018_09-18-18_012.jpg

There should be 4
A 5th one, that's blue, doesn't drop seeds

Oct 28, 2017

Out of curiosity, were you able to salvage that save file? Did you start over? DQB2 was my GOTY for 2019 and I really enjoy seeing new people get into it.