• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Evolved1

Oct 27, 2017
Do you always have other characters following you around? I found that really annoying in the demo.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Water's incredibly annoying to deal with.

They have you make a lake later in the game, and it takes so fucking long because you have to build a bunch of temporary blocks, then keep spam holding down the button for dumping the water.

I thought my game was gonna crash during the lava section because of how much the framerate drops and how janky everything gets when water interacts with lava.

You don't have to build a single block. Your crew is literally building everything.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why the fuck are building directions tucked away behind NPC dialogue? I feel like I need to have a notepad when playing this so I don't have to run back and read through an NPC's dialogue for each of the 20 items he wants me to put in a room.

You don't have to build a single block. Your crew is literally building everything.
Not talking about the river after island 1. You need to make an oasis after island 2.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Did I miss the first Trophy? It says survive the slave ship but I continued from the demo save so I started on the isle of Awakening.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way to get ore on IoA? Also, what the fuck happened to island 2? If you go back there, they've stopped mining and you don't get daily ore rewards. That ruins the entire plot of that island. The whole objective was to get the mining town bustling again. Turns out they all retire.

Also, if anybody's doing the Anglefish quest, you can intentionally go for it by pulling early on anything but the smallest fish.

Last edited:

Nathan

Oct 27, 2017
Why the fuck are building directions tucked away behind NPC dialogue? I feel like I need to have a notepad when playing this so I don't have to run back and read through an NPC's dialogue for each of the 20 items he wants me to put in a room.

Any items you need for a room quest will have an exclamation mark notifier next to them at the workbench.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Can I just sail away and leave this island full of misogynists to get eaten by the skeletons? This whole chapter is uncomfortable.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that chapter was awful. That's when I started skipping dialogue.
It's just so so bad. And the fact it's occasionally sorta self aware just make it worse.
island
2?
I'm pretty early but it's already some weird shit. Shame because I'm liking the
mines.
Minecraft vibes.
Yeah see, my family is Welsh, so I'm all about
rebuilding a failing mining community
as a thematic direction. But it's just so unrelenting about ramming it's heterosexuality down my throat. Keep your politics out of my building game Square!

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Which isn't helpful when you have more than 1 quest, or when 1 quest is to build multiple different rooms.
For this exact reason, I'm only doing one quest at a time. It could definitely use a quest log of sorts.

I think I'm just finishing up the first area, had to take a break from it after playing almost all day yesterday. First game to make me realize the Switch doesn't charge very fast when being played, since I went straight from 50% battery to playing docked all day, when hours later it was only at 70%. Enjoying this way more than I initially thought, and I sort of like how slow paced its been so far. Very chill game.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
It's just so so bad. And the fact it's occasionally sorta self aware just make it worse.

Yeah see, my family is Welsh, so I'm all about
rebuilding a failing mining community
as a thematic direction. But it's just so unrelenting about ramming it's heterosexuality down my throat. Keep your politics out of my building game Square!

to me the weird thing so far it's how
all these guys are creeping for a girl that they themselves say they know since she was a kid. It's creepy af even if it's done in a self aware way. I'm still early on doing the bar but I dread how it will continue...lol

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Can you elaborate for those who don't have the game please?
Each chapter of the game is set on it's own island and introduces a new cast for an anthology kind of story structure. In this section I'm helping to rebuild a mining town. A large part of this is ensuring the miners are 'motivated'. This means building a bar; but it also means helping the only woman on the island to dress as a rabbit and become a dancer. The rest of the islands all male cast frequently comment on their attraction to this woman and also the fact that they've known her since she was a child (which honestly wtf?!?). Even the magical golem helping you build has 'ME WANT PRETTY LADY' as all of his dialogue. I've not played enough to see how this story ends. I'm not sure if I want to.
to me the weird thing so far it's how
all these guys are creeping for a girl that they themselves say they know since she was a kid. It's creepy af even if it's done in a self aware way. I'm still early on doing the bar but I dread how it will continue...lol
Yeah, exactly.
"she's looked up to me since she was a little girl so I'm the only man for her!" like no dude go be skeleton food.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Each chapter of the game is set on it's own island and introduces a new cast for an anthology kind of story structure. In this section I'm helping to rebuild a mining town. A large part of this is ensuring the miners are 'motivated'. This means building a bar; but it also means helping the only woman on the island to dress as a rabbit and become a dancer. The rest of the islands all male cast frequently comment on their attraction to this woman and also the fact that they've known her since she was a child (which honestly wtf?!?). Even the magical golem helping you build has 'ME WANT PRETTY LADY' as all of his dialogue. I've not played enough to see how this story ends. I'm not sure if I want to.

Yeah, exactly.
"she's looked up to me since she was a little girl so I'm the only man for her!" like no dude go be skeleton food.
Thank you.

I'm glad I didn't get the game then. I wasn't a fan of the first one, but my husband was. But he didn't like the changes to the game nor the demo. Dodged a bullet, it seems.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, not looking forward to island 2 :l that's a shame, B1 was very wholesome and funny, same with this so far.

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you.

I'm glad I didn't get the game then. I wasn't a fan of the first one, but my husband was. But he didn't like the changes to the game nor the demo. Dodged a bullet, it seems.
Yeah it really sucks because there was none of that on the first island, which had a few perfectly reasonable female characters. And then it just got weird out of nowhere.

MouldyK

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How many villagers can we have on the main island?

Any one who played enough or the Japanese version know the limit and how to recruit more?

I'm leaning on the game, but like the idea of building big bustling cities.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the bulletin board feature ever get reviewed by anyone? I like how it's pitched as like "check out the cool shit other people are doing" and then when we looked at it it was all just stupid upskirt photos of the female characters. Hopefully it's location specific and that was the case because it was the isle of awakening and people may have been flooding it with pics like that because they hadn't actually made anything yet?

bytesized

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Amsterdam

Yeah, exactly.
Lol I was downloading the demo and was coming for some impressions...

Abesimpson.gif

wondermagenta

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne
So like, I love the original Builders and I fully intend on playing this (strapped for time atm), but I remember a lot of the import impressions being extremely tepid (for to me unclear reasons.) Now that Builders 2 is out in the West, a lot of that seems to have faded away -- but I still wanna ask, how does the game stack up against Builders 1 and did those early reviews end up holding water?

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Im early in the game and just got the worm to join my farm. Now that I have him and have 3 plots with a scarecrow cleaned up I cant actually plant any seeds, whenever I try the character just says no.

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I really hope they make a third! I know they didn't plan on even making a second but DQ3 is such a popular entry I feel like they're going to end up doing one.

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they make a third! I know they didn't plan on even making a second but DQ3 is such a popular entry I feel like they're going to end up doing one.

Niinou's entire career is basically "Surprise! You've inadvertently launched a successful series that needs sequels", but he instead moves on. There will be a 3rd, but the leadership for it may change quite a bit.

Oct 2, 2018
How many villagers can we have on the main island?

Any one who played enough or the Japanese version know the limit and how to recruit more?

I'm leaning on the game, but like the idea of building big bustling cities.

You can have a max of 57. You can get a NPC every time you visit one of the outlining small islands and find the builders best special spot.

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
How can I get more acorns? I wasted the ones from the bodkin quest and I need to completes the worm quest.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Does anybody know where to find cursed equipment or a "pet with the rarest colouration?" Those are the last two trophies I need.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I'm probably going to regret spending the last hour and a half wasting time building an underground metropolis for my people.