• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Jason Schreier from Kotaku posted this yesterday:

"@fefeyeh1 To answer your Q from a couple weeks ago, I played on Switch (handheld mode only) and it looks good, some framerate drops but mostly stable 30fps. Looks better on PS4 but I'm happy to sacrifice that for portability"

Lol, I don't know what he played but it isn't stable anywhere (specially because it's open fps) and the first area makes it pretty clear, you all played the demo, what do I need to say.

Second area tho has pretty good framerate because it's on open field a lot, but still "mostly stable 30fps", l m a o.

And it doesn't even really look "better" on PS4, it's surprisingly equal, what is he talking. :D

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
My daughter plays it docked, it's not fixed 30fps on the first beach, just moving the camera arounds, it dips. Unless you want to play on the go or you don't mind low fps, PS4 is safer imo.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There is a spanish localization? I really love the spanish translations for the DS/3DS games, but I downloaded the demo on my PS4 but it's on english. Maybe I need change the system language?

gcncontroller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FL
yeah the framerate gets pretty abysmal even while docked, just on the first story island. that said, this game is just as charming as the first one! three hours in and adoring it

Oct 25, 2017
yeah the framerate gets pretty abysmal even while docked, just on the first story island. that said, this game is just as charming as the first one! three hours in and adoring it

Are people really sure that the framerate is better docked? I get the impression that it is better in handheld, at the expense of the battery life. Are there good comparison videos between the two modes yet?

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Is there an easy way to find out if you try to build fields too far from the village? I have a new field just a few blocks away from it but the worm doesn't want to make the ground, if I go 3 blocks closer he does it.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone have the PS4 version? Were you able to claim the bonus content with your trophies or did you need the save data?

gcncontroller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FL
Are people really sure that the framerate is better docked? I get the impression that it is better in handheld, at the expense of the battery life. Are there good comparison videos between the two modes yet?

that's a good point, i'd just been assuming. i just messed around with it a bit in handheld mode and it might just be a coincidence but it seems to be noticeably smoother! i couldn't find any direct comparisons but hopefully someone does one soon

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Are the challenges from the first game back? The ones like Defeat the 3 green Dragons and complete the level in a certain amount of time?

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Can you save designs as your own blueprints? Can you get other structures people make as blueprints?

VegiHam

Oct 25, 2017
Buying this today. Does anyone know what the "stackable slime" is? It's the thing that is exclusive to the digital deluxe edition on PS4.

VegiHam Dragon Quest Builders 2 has everything that 1 had, and then some. There aren't any reasons to buy 1 over 2. DQB2 is just bigger and better. And it even has coop. The demo of 2 was different from the demo of 1, but that's because it was just focused on different stuff. The full game of 2 lets you do so much more than what 1 let players do.

Get 2, play hundreds of hours of it... and if you're still starving for more after that, then get 1 lol.
Hey, thanks for replying to me from the last topic, that's really nice of you! I think I'm going to pick up two then, if it's not missing stuff from one. I really just wanna run around and build weird stuff.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Played the first one on PS4 and have played around 3 hours docked on switch of B2 so far. I am on the second island and performance is mostly fine. Some minor dips but nothing earth shattering.

Pretty solid port if you ask me

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Played the first one on PS4 and have played around 3 hours docked on switch of B2 so far. I am on the second island and performance is mostly fine. Some minor dips but nothing earth shattering.

Pretty solid port if you ask me
Yeah I feel like the frame rate dips aren't that bad if you ever played any building game not named Minecraft. It'll be fine for me.

Nathan

Oct 27, 2017
Curious about the Season Pass. These are the contents of the Season Pass (included with Deluxe Edition) from the PSN Store.

Is this worth it for +$20? Is this content already available in the Japanese version? Does anyone have any familiarity with what this actually includes?

Season Pass includes the following:
Designer's Sunglasses Recipe
Hotto Stuff Pack
Aquarium Pack
Modernist Pack

"Hotto Stuff Pack", "Aquarium Pack" and "Modernist Pack" will be available for purchase individually.

The "Designer's Sunglasses Recipe" is available exclusively to purchasers of the DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS 2 Season Pass.

Oct 27, 2017
North Carolina
This game looks great and I have a voucher burning a hole in my pocket but the apparent performance and battery life issues are making it tough. Ore or the other I could deal with, but both...

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This'll be the last game I buy with GCU. Aren't I supposed to get an additional 20% off coupon or something?

SecretCharacter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado Springs, CO
Curious about the Season Pass. These are the contents of the Season Pass (included with Deluxe Edition) from the PSN Store.

Is this worth it for +$20? Is this content already available in the Japanese version? Does anyone have any familiarity with what this actually includes?

I can tell you that Hotto is a village in DQXI that is based off of traditional Japanese architecture. I'm guessing that it gives you the ability to make traditional Japanese buildings and the like.

Tony

Oct 27, 2017

This video breaks it down pretty nicely and has some screens with assets from the packs. Not sure about the DLC availability in the Japanese version, though.

Edit: The packs say they include new islands to get the specific materials you'll need to craft these items.

Nathan

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I'm wondering if this is just building materials, or if there are new islands and gameplay content. Seems kind of expensive if it's just building materials.

EDIT: Oh cool, thanks for the video!

EDIT2: Okay, watched the video. So the Season Pass includes the three separate DLCs (Hotto, Aquarium, and Modernist) and these DLCs do include new recipes, items, hairstyles, and islands and quests. The video doesn't go into detail about how big these islands or quests are, but it sounds pretty substantial.

The Season Pass is $20.99 for all three bundled together, or $5.99, $9.99, and $9.99 bought separately. The Deluxe Edition includes the base game and Season Pass for $79.99.

Last edited:

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
This game is so god damn good. Having a blast with the demo on Switch right now, pretty sure this is gonna be my first NSO Game Voucher game later today.

Deleted member 873

Oct 25, 2017
Real cute overview launch trailer was just uploaded by Nintendo. Spread it around to get people to know the game!

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I'm deep in the demo and finding it delightful. It has the DQ charm I'd expect. Wish I had the money to buy it but alas, not for now...

Astraer

Gamer Guides
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Got a bit of a problem on the first island, spoke to an Orc and he wanted me to fertilize his patch of land behind him, only problem is, I accidentally destroyed it and now can't till it again, how can I fix this so i can complete the quest? I'm missing some points for the harvest and i'm assuming I need the tomato seeds from him to complete it.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
OP, you may want to add that there is a deluxe edition for the PS4, digitial only.

I was going to go ahead and purchase the physical, as I buy almost all physical. But will go with the digital this time around, especially with the deluxe only being available this way.

Edit: Ok, I see it's already been pointed out. I haven't read the whole thread.

And we should add that all the stuff of the PS4 "digital deluxe edition" is actually part of the Switch season pass. So if you buy it physically on the Switch you don't miss out on anything.

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I got it on switch for portability and to play at work today, not even concerned about fps on consoles anymore honestly. I do have to say this game is addicting as hell. I played until 12 am to 5 am last night lol. Also I got the builders outfit for 1 as a bonus when i started it, how do I equip that? Im on the 1st island so far.

moyad0

Apr 1, 2019
I played the demo for 10 minutes and I was already sold. This is the type of game I was looking for...

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
Got the NSO Vouchers, got this game with the first one. So worth it. Jesus, this game is beautiful.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
Not sure who said it's was stable 30 on Switch but I can tell you it's not, at all. If you rotate the camera, it becomes quickly a slideshow (to my taste), I'm pretty sure it's sub 20.
Ok, that's weird. I just played the first mission in handheld mode and it runs better..? Anyone noticed that?

I got two hypothesis:
- the game shadders are loaded in memory the first playtime (so it's less fluid)
- the framerate drops are more noticeable on a big screen (I got a 65")

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
I will play this eventually, but want to get through DQB1 first.

Also, will be going with the PS4 version, as I already have the PS4 version of DQB1 and I heard you can carry things over if you play the first game.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, that's weird. I just played the first mission in handheld mode and it runs better..? Anyone noticed that?

I got two hypothesis:
- the game shadders are loaded in memory the first playtime (so it's less fluid)

I'm ready to purchase this, but the Switch performance seems to be...Spotty. What gives?

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
The boy characters hair has me all fucked up.

I hope I still have my save from DB1 sitting on my ps4 for the DB1 hat/hair...

Oct 25, 2017

I got two hypothesis:

It wouldn't be the first game to run better in handheld mode. It burns battery life fast and runs at a lower resolution, so it kind of makes sense here.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
I'm ready to purchase this, but the Switch performance seems to be...Spotty. What gives?
My last playtime was really great, not always stable 30fps but way better than docked (it was low 20 when my daughter played this morning). Lost 20% battery during the first mission (around 20-30 minutes).

If you care about framerate, maybe going for the PS4 version would be wise. On my side, I prefer being able to play around the house, moreover if it runs better in handheld.

The boy characters hair has me all fucked up.

I hope I still have my save from DB1 sitting on my ps4 for the DB1 hat/hair...

I wouldn't suggest changing the color (as I did) because the iconography is all with the blond hair guy.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eager to pick this up ASAP, imported the first game and loved every second of it. Had fun with the demo too.