• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
No need for an SD card with this one

DRg48LcW0AA8ETJ.jpg

DRg48LiW0AAJwlZ.jpg

Skyw3rd

Oct 30, 2017
Switch is definitely the platform I want to play this on. I hope they release the demo as well just to gauge performance. Really though this is a auto-buy for me. I loved the demo on PS4, but just didn't want to play it there.

Bananastand

Oct 26, 2017
This is such an incredible game. I don't think I will get the first game again on Switch but I can't wait for the sequel.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
That's a slim size. That's nice!

Switch is definitely the platform I want to play this on. I hope they release the demo as well just to gauge performance. Really though this is a auto-buy for me. I loved the demo on PS4, but just didn't want to play it there.

I know there's a demo releasing Feb 1 in the japanese e-shop. Could possibly get here as well.
Also there's a ton of footage of the Switch version on YT. Looks like it run great to me from what I have seen.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
I'm still pretty shocked by how small it is -- under a gig! Are we expecting 900p or 720p target docked?

Akoi

Oct 25, 2017
WA
I got this game for $20 for the vita from amazon digitally last black friday... that price is a hard pill to swallow for me because of that.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a great size, but I still want to go physical if possible. I know there's a physical release confirmed for Europe, but what about the US?

Kyo555

Oct 29, 2017
So smol! I didn't expect that. But I guess the save games will take a big chunk because they have to keep track of every block mined and placed across a chapter plus the free mode.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
I don't fully remember the size but I remember the Vita save file becoming rather massive which was more of a problem for that console. Nonetheless, might be something to consider that the actual data used might be twice that of the game size. Great game and I've already sold my Vita copy and I'm rebuying it on Switch.

Wil Grieve

Oct 25, 2017
60 fps or bust. Otherwise the game isn't fun.

/s

I love DQB and will definitely be buying it and the sequel on Switch.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
wasnt the original game 30fps? this isnt a Vita port here
PS4 version ran 60fps, Vita 30fps.

PS3 version didn't come West and I'm having trouble finding out the framerate for that.

Fingers crossed that they can hit 60fps docked, at least.

I suppose as long as draw distance is better than the Vita's it will be preferable to that version. It's definitely the kind of game I would want to take on the go based on the demo I played.

Last edited:

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
For comparison, it is at the same price on the eshop as LA Noire that was easily found at retail at about 35€/32£.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
I want to play this game so bad but it's hard for me to be excited when 2 is not that far away and I know all the improvements. Hopefully it's not too far behind after they get their cash from porting the first one to switch

Deleted member 7044

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
$80 on the Australian eShop, wew. More expensive than what the PS4 version cost at launch over a year ago.

dadjumper

Oct 27, 2017
New Zealand
If it's 60fps I'll definitely pick this up down the line!
I played a decent chunk on Vita and that framerate was awful, and then my save corrupted.
Would be down for more of this game

Edit: Wait, what the hell, the Japanese version is coming out in march? Isn't the sequel pretty close?

OP
OP
Jonneh

Jonneh

Good Vibes Gaming
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
UK
If it's 60fps I'll definitely pick this up down the line!
I played a decent chunk on Vita and that framerate was awful, and then my save corrupted.
Would be down for more of this game

Edit: Wait, what the hell, the Japanese version is coming out in march? Isn't the sequel pretty close?
Sequel doesn't have a date

Oct 26, 2017
Geez now that's a really charming box art. If most of my switch collection wasn't digital (I find it more convenient) I would get the physical copy for the box art alone.
I feel conflicted. Part of me feels that this game would be great to have digitally so I can play it on the fly, but the Dragon Quest fan in me tells me I should get a physical copy. :/