• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 5159

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it seems it got totally overshadowed by the direct reveals but i for one, im playing it and liking it quite a bit so far.

im playing it on portable mode, it looks and plays quite nice although with an unlocked framerate that i dont love. i dont have any experience with these kind of games but love dragon quest, what about you guys and girls?

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, thanks for starting this thread! I'm curious about this game, but my purchase pretty much hinges on how well it runs in portable mode. I'll download the demo when I have a chance, but I'm excited for some impressions.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played the Switch demo, but I LOVED this game on PS4. I highly recommend it. It felt like something just aimed directly at me in terms of concerns with something like Minecraft. If you liked the aesthetics of building with pseudo LEGOs, don't have aspirations to build anything TOO complex, and would prefer a light RPG with objectives as opposed to a pure sandbox, I think it's a perfect marriage of a light JRPG with ideas from Minecraft. I'm really excited about the sequel.

Daknight

Oct 28, 2017
Man I forgot about the demo, you are right it was kind of squish in the news so is overlook. I'll have to put in a reminder to download it once I am home!

Snkfanatic

Oct 25, 2017
Hope it looks and runs well. I skipped it on PS4 even after eyeing it a few times when it was on sale. Seems like a great game for Switch.

neon_dream

Dec 18, 2017
Originally played through on the PS4. Compared to that, I'm not seeing much difference. Didn't get into an outside area though, so I'm not sure how the framerate holds up when a bunch of particle heavy spells are going off. Otherwise it seems to play great. Maybe there's some technical concession here or there but DQ Builders was never a graphical showcase in the first place.

How can I find in the eshop. Having trouble looking it up.

I found it by looking at the "Coming Soon" list.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Why is this so fun? I don't even like Minecraft.
What don't you like about Minecraft?

If you like the idea of Minecraft, but aren't great with games that give you little direction and say "okay, go do your thing" then this is for you.

If you don't like Minecraft cuz you just don't like that kind of crafting and building gameplay, then you can safely pass on this.

Oct 27, 2017
What don't you like about Minecraft?

If you like the idea of Minecraft, but aren't great with games that give you little direction and say "okay, go do your thing" then this is for you.

If you don't like Minecraft cuz you just don't like that kind of crafting and building gameplay, then you can safely pass on this.
I don't know what to do in Minecraft so I feel like I'm wasting my time. I like to reach the official end of a game and be done with it.

Oniletter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seems to be an unlocked 60 fps at 720p in handheld mode.

Game runs and looks the part, I'm liking what I'm playing !

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
720p handheld, framerate is a tad sketchy.

I didn't dock it but heard it's 720p and if so that seems like laziness in the development side of things, not technical limitations.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't seem as detailed as PS4 version but looks a little better than Vita version. I already have this on Vita and I'm not interested in buying unless Square comes up with a system where I can migrate my Vita save to Switch.

Hampig

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played the Switch demo, but I LOVED this game on PS4. I highly recommend it. It felt like something just aimed directly at me in terms of concerns with something like Minecraft. If you liked the aesthetics of building with pseudo LEGOs, don't have aspirations to build anything TOO complex, and would prefer a light RPG with objectives as opposed to a pure sandbox, I think it's a perfect marriage of a light JRPG with ideas from Minecraft. I'm really excited about the sequel.
Ditto. Not huge on Minecraft myself, but I absolutely loved this game.

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Depending how well i find the demo run i will buy or not, so it's nice they have a demo. Reason is cuz i already have the ps4 version :P

Demo is up btw in EU, go to comin soon list and go the the game and it's there it also can be pre ordered.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
DQB was such an awesome game. There's room for improvement in the sequel, but I'd gladly pick it up again.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
I love both Minecraft and DQB, as does my son. That said, he'll play this endlessly.

I'm glad he already beat Odyssey.

Tanooki

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Bounced back and forth between getting this on PS4 at launch, mostly because of the timed trophies (lol, hindsight is 20/20) - looking forward to trying the demo on Switch when I get home.

Fire Bocchi

Oct 25, 2017
the demo seems to run at a stable 60fps if not locked while docked and without the framepacing bug present in the english ps4 version

undocked it doesnt feel like its running at a locked 60fps, but it still doesnt feel bad to play

PockyWitch

Oct 27, 2017
I tried out the first few minutes of the demo and:
portable mode looks very nice actually, framerate can drop a tiny bit but it's still very playable and i wouldn't complain too much
docked mode however looks horrendous. 720p, no AA and textures look very blurry or muddy. And that's on a 21.5" screen.
I think this is a game that's best played in portable mode, although in docked it seemed to be a locked 60fps.

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Where my post go? Lol..

Again

This demo will dictate if I buy or not. I know you build in this game but I'm wondering about the other elements.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5159

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, thanks for starting this thread! I'm curious about this game, but my purchase pretty much hinges on how well it runs in portable mode. I'll download the demo when I have a chance, but I'm excited for some impressions.

it looks quite nice and clean on portable mode,on the framerate side, it gets as high as 60 but drops quite a bit at times, it plays pretty well still. seems like a solid portable version, dont know how it compares to vita tbh

DVCY201

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly. It was an absolute sleeper hit for me, just awesome game overall.

JCX

Oct 25, 2017
Does this one carry over save into the full version, or is it limited to the demo like the Vita demo?

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah + the oldskool zelda like combat.
It's awesome.

Also dat music

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everyone worried about framerate and resolution should keep in mind that demo builds are older and less optimized than retail builds.

720p docked blows and is a real head scratcher so hopefully that improves.

ON THE OTHER HAND.... it's also 720p undocked and not sub-native, so that's a huge relief.

Unlocked 60fps is preferrable to locked 30fps if it manages 45fps+ IMO. I thought Tomb Raider DE on PS4 looked pretty great and it was hovering around that.

it looks quite nice and clean on portable mode,on the framerate side, it gets as high as 60 but drops quite a bit at times, it plays pretty well still. seems like a solid portable version, dont know how it compares to vita tbh

A big difference between undocked Switch vs Vita is probably going to be draw distance in favor of the former. That's big. It was pretty bad on Vita.