• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JNH

Oct 27, 2017
France
Is there much exploring or anything in this game or is it purely about building a town?
It's a goal, but there is a bit exploration too. You can find some treasures and bosses. You have a micro management of your ressources too (hunger -> build a kitchen where NPC will craft some food and/or go pick yourself ingredients/food and/or craft it). The main "plus" is a story and NPC with interactions (quests and craft).

The demo is free and long enough to overview main features.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So has it been confirmed if your save file from the demo carries over to the game? I like what I've done so far but I don't want to get in too deep just to start over if I buy the game.

Deleted member 896

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So has it been confirmed if your save file from the demo carries over to the game? I like what I've done so far but I don't want to get in too deep just to start over if I buy the game.

If it's like the previous release expect to have to start all over. Maybe they'll fix this with the Switch retail release? I don't know. But short of people getting retail copies or a dev answering this question, it's impossible to say for certain. If I was forced to wager on it though I'd bet on the save file not transferring over.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
finished the demo, even killed the dragon by digging from the side lake and hitting it from underside. It took like a trillion hits, tho

is there anything else worth doing in the demo? didn't really find anything more in the island :(

ozfunghi

Oct 25, 2017
So, can the save file of the demo be loaded in the actual game? My little girl (6) has spent a lot of time building her town in the demo. I've seen the question asked on the first page, but no clear answer was given.

Deleted member 15538

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, can the save file of the demo be loaded in the actual game? My little girl (6) has spent a lot of time building her town in the demo. I've seen the question asked on the first page, but no clear answer was given.
Don't think that was the case on PS4 but she'll have to get used to starting over several times anyway in the game. :p

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Really looking forward to getting this on Friday but salty that UK version has those sweet King Slime collectibles.