• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
So you might have seen this thread on Off Topic: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ja...uctive-because-they-dont-have-children.57209/

So this Japanese politician is being an asshate on a conservative propaganda talk that's making waves now. But what you might not have known is...

This is the show in question: http://www.ch-sakura.jp/programs/program-info.html?id=1659

And sure enough...
出演者
中山恭子(参議院議員)
すぎやまこういち(作曲家)

This piece of shit cretin is indeed one of the two hosts for this program. YUCK!

Parfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If there's anyone that deserves to be let go from a company for being a long-time piece of shit outside of it, it's probably this guy

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's a piece of shit.

Now I really hope Dragon Quest XI on PC gets the Orchestrated music via mods and he hears about it, I want him to get really pissed about it.

If there's anyone that deserves to be let go from a company for being a long-time piece of shit outside of it, it's probably this guy

He's 87, hopefully nature does its magic and we don't have to hear about him ever again.

We don't need bigots.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
So people will be happy when we don't get his orchestrated soundtrack in the localization, right?

I knew he was an ass about his music rights, but man, what a piece of shit.

Slime

Oct 25, 2017
Anti-LGBT is putting it lightly. He's a sociopath who takes pleasure in LGBT people killing themselves.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How can a government "waste" tax if it spends the tax on people who pay tax?

Sage

Oct 27, 2017
Japan
I disagree with his viewpoints vehemently too, but is there really a need to say "I hope he dies" and "Can't wait until he dies, nearly there" like the first few posts here have..?

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That don't surprise me in any way. If he thinks like that about the war, it was obvious that he would think the same about those questions. For all the talent that Sugiyama has, he's equally a piece of shit.

Unfortunately he's going to be with Dragon Quest for much more time.

So people will be happy when we don't get his orchestrated soundtrack in the localization, right?

I knew he was an ass about his music rights, but man, what a piece of shit.

Considering that some people won't buy because it's MIDI, I don't think so.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
DQ needs a new composer bad. There are plenty of great composers out there that can take his place.

Such terrible shit in that video too. Disgusting.

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree with his viewpoints vehemently too, but is there really a need to say "I hope he dies" and "Can't wait until he dies, nearly there" like the first few posts here have..?

I might have been too rough, but when I hear about him laughing about LGBT people killing themselves, let's say I don't feel too bad about saying that, plus he really is old.

Plus the other shit like denying war crimes, just... no.

Deleted member 5535

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DQ needs a new composer bad. There are plenty of great composers out there that can take his place.

Sugiyama owns the copyright of Dragon Quest music. There's a reason that his name is there along Square Enix, Armor Project (Yuji Horii) and Bird Studio (Akira Toriyama). He's part of the project and only will go out on his own, not on SE demand.

OP
OP
duckroll

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
When he is actively using his wealth and success to influence and pay for propaganda that downplays war crimes and is happy to use his status to encourage anti-LGBT views in a country that already struggles to understand this issue, yes? There is absolutely a need to stand up and say "I hope this guy does not live to 90 because he has already been given too much time in this world to do shitty things and the sooner he is deceased, the better it is for society." That is literally it. No one is asking for acts of violence or anything, just hoping that nature does us a solid and doesn't delay what will eventually happen anyway.

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Uggggggh.

I'm not one to openly wish death on any one, but...can he kindly just fuck off and take his horrible thought processes with him?

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If you are from Asia and your family suffered from war crime committed by Japanese army, you'd take the whole denial of war crime thing very personal. I know I do.

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Here for the day his heart finally stops beating~

HMavUpa.gif

1000% H

Oct 25, 2017
It'd be pretty cool if this dude gets dropped [from DQ]. Time to move the fuck on and hire one of the other massively talented composers in the industry.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sugiyama owns the copyright of Dragon Quest music. There's a reason that his name is there along Square Enix, Armor Project (Yuji Horii) and Bird Studio (Akira Toriyama). He's part of the project and only will go out on his own, not on SE demand.
He's also a council member for JASRAC, the biggest copyright administration in Japan.

He's a really huge name and in powerful positions which genuinely sucks.

OP
OP
duckroll

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
It'd be pretty cool if this dude gets dropped [from DQ]. Time to move the fuck on and hire one of the other massively talented composers in the industry.
Sadly he's not going to get dropped. Legacy means a lot in Japan. Someone better definitely deserves to take over and wash this bad taste I get every time I play DQ though.
He's also a council member for JASRAC, the biggest copyright administration in Japan.

He's a really huge name and in powerful positions which genuinely sucks.
Yeah the power he has in the industry is really ughhhh.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Advocating piracy
Cant wait to download the DQXI orchestrated soundtrack and mod it on my game without this pos seeing a single cent out of it.
I dont care if it's piracy, this pos isnt seeing a single dollar from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.