Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weiss

Weiss

• User Banned (3 Days): Editing quoted posts to openly accuse another member
    Yikes.

2. RyoonZ

RyoonZ
    Banned Member

Fuck anyone who denies what my grandparents suffered under Japanese Imperial Army

3. NightLife

NightLife

what war crime does he deny?

4. DecoReturns

DecoReturns

By war crimes, do you mean Nanking?

Cause holy hell and Anti-LGBT?. Makes my blood boil.

5. casiopao

casiopao

U guys know.... usually the more we cursed and hope one to die quicker..... nature will decide being a bitch and let him live till 100+ old only to troll u guys lol.

6. Rape of Nanking, IIRC.

7. brainchild

brainchild

What's that?!! I can't hear you over the sound of that MIDI scratching my eardrums!

8. PKthndr

PKthndr

Damn that sucks. Wasn't entirely sure of the situation.

9. Razor Mom

Razor Mom

I think it's possible to think this guy is a disgusting piece of shit, but also not explicitly say "I wish for his death". Like, that's possible.

10. Nemesis162

Nemesis162

What. I really had no idea about this. This makes it even worse.

Fuck Sugiyama, not DQ. The franchise will continue for decades without him when he dies from age. Unlike him, the other DQ staff don't have such things (at least from what we know, of course) and the franchise itself don't have this problem either.

11. RailWays

RailWays

Dude continues to be shit.

12. Dragon Quest composer Koichi Sugiyama isn't happy just being a war crime denier OR anti LGBT, he also loves making terrible compositions that actively detract from the game experience too!

13. Maxina

Maxina

There are better ways you can contribute to the thread buddy.

14. 1000% H

1000% H

No harm in wishing.

15. SnowFlakeCake

SnowFlakeCake
    Banned Member

When someone comes into a thread, to say "yikes" on 3 separate occassions when someone posts ill of a war crime denier and anti LGBT person?

Yikes.

16. MrSaturn99

MrSaturn99

Between his horrendous politics and awful MIDI, Sugiyama is a liability to Dragon Quest.

17. Rutger

Rutger

I've never heard anything positive about him, so I can't say I'm surprised.

A shame Square apparently can't just fire him, he brings nothing of worth.

18. Deleted member 42221

Deleted member 42221
    User requested account closure Member

I'm not surprised he's happy at LGBT people killing themselves. People who defend Japan's wartime actions tend to be all-around assholes.

He deliberately sabotages his own games with Mansion Basement-tier MIDI to get more concert money.

This person wants to mock LGBT people? Don't be surprised if I make his obituary thread here into a roast thread.

19. Weiss

Weiss

If it makes you feel better I'm okay with him dying peacefully of old age surrounded by his family so long as his horrible viewpoints die with him.

20. duckroll

duckroll
    Member OP

https://kotaku.com/5901590/the-sad-...legend-who-pretends-war-crimes-never-happened
    http://www.jiaponline.org/documents/Jun14AdALLSignatoriesLIST.pdf
    This motherfucker along with his other rich conservative right wing friends in Japan form a propaganda group that takes out ads like this to denounce the "unfair" historical accounts of Japan's participation in World War 2.

21. Nemesis162

Nemesis162

I'm talking about the orchestral versions but it's not like even the MIDI are that bad either for me. Either way, a new composer certainly will pick up the feel of the franchise someday and make it great without any of those problems.

22. Azure Wanderer

Azure Wanderer
    Alt-Account Member

He isn't even a good composer

23. Hecht

Hecht
    Welp Administrator

You know you can just report something if you think it's violating a rule we have here instead of posting "Yikes" repeatedly.

in before people quote this with "yikes." Don't derail this thread further, please.

24. Napalm_Frank

Napalm_Frank

Let's just say I hope SE will take their time making DQXII

25. Razor Mom

Razor Mom

I feel like this is entering a moral grey area I'm not equipped to respond to, but I guess I'm gonna applaud you for at least wanting a painless death?

26. rhandino

rhandino

[​IMG]

Its ok sis, I dont wish him a violent death or anything like that.

He and his horrible view points and influence can die in peace while he is surrounded by his family and loved ones.

27. Terraforce

Terraforce

Yeah, he's a terrible person, but looking forward to his death like that is a bit much. Yikes indeed.

Definitely. I couldn't imagine actively wishing for something on someone, even if they're a shitty person.

28. The orchestrated PS2 DQ VIII music was really great.

Goddamn it's painful to hear the MIDI tracks again after that.

29. Weiss

Weiss

Do you care as much as you do now when people like him run rampant?

That's important to ask yourself.

30. A bunch of disgusting people in that video.

That being said, I'm not sure if I approve all the death wishes here.

31. Nimby

Nimby

Why should I value the life of some old coot who apparently prefers people like me dead than alive?

32. Brazil

Brazil
    (tofubeats Remix) Moderator

Please retire his ass, SE. Dragon Quest most certainly doesn’t need his work anymore.

33. Kyoufu

Kyoufu

Is it weird that I feel more uncomfortable with people boycotting DQ11 than people wishing for his death?

34. Shizuka

Shizuka

35. Sagadego17

Sagadego17

who can replace him?

36. Necromanti

Necromanti

That was...a more nationalistic intro than I was expecting.

37. NewDonkStrong

NewDonkStrong

Hopefully he...passes soon.

38. ContraWars

ContraWars

I hope his inevitable successor doesn't steal the main theme song from The Elder Scrolls and use it at the climax to the next Dragon Quest game.

39. genkivision

genkivision

• User Banned (24h): Antagonizing users with false equivalencies.
    Are we really surprised that an 87-year old man isn't for gay rights? Like, it's not that rare in that age group.

EDIT: Wishing for someone's death makes you just as bad.

40. Becks'

Becks'

He is like any Japanese geezer, of course he is going to be anti-LGBT and war crime denier. I think deep down he also has a hatred towards Western world because he witnessed Uncle Sam kick their asses back in WW2. Square Enix won't do anything to punish him.

41. Windrunner

Windrunner

Awful composer and an even worse person. When the cunt finally leaves this mortal coil and the series gets a new composer I will give Dragon Quest another chance but not a moment sooner.

42. SuiQuan

SuiQuan

Yeah, it’s like little drunk bugs playing a broken tiny piano. Made to annoy the shit out of you.

The guy is obviously trying to up the ante in his neverending quest of becoming the ultimate asshole. I mean, how vile can you get...

43. Brazil

Brazil
    (tofubeats Remix) Moderator

I don’t know. But the line of those willing to try most definitely wouldn’t be a short one.

44. Dizagaox

Dizagaox
    Banned Member

This shows a real lack of understanding over music ownership. The composer owns the music. This guy is a prick, but don't equate retaining copyright as being "an ass".

45. Razor Mom

Razor Mom

I guess because you're better than him.

46. IDreamOfHime

IDreamOfHime

I hate him so much. A genuine stain on one of my favourite franchises.

47. mrmickfran

mrmickfran

Goddamn lmfao

48. Deleted member 42221

Deleted member 42221
    User requested account closure Member

There's not being "for gay rights", and then there's mocking LGBT people for committing suicide.

Fuck out of here with that Boogie2988-ass "both sides" edit.

49. SapphiCine

SapphiCine

Everyone in that video is a horrible human being.

50. rhandino

rhandino

Any good composer? Like... His music is not that unique and S-E have plenty of talented composers at their disposal.

I wonder, does he have the rights to the most iconic pieces of DQ music? Because that is the only reason I can see for them not sending him to kick rocks and finance more propaganda.

51. lol

52. Diagol

Diagol

Wow. As someone who has grown up playing video games since a very young age (including DQ on the NES), primarily because I was struggling to comes to terms with my own sexuality and it was a great way to escape reality, this....really hurts. DQ was one of the first games I ever played and really got me into gaming.

I already had a negative opinion of him because of how he denies war crimes, but I had no idea he was anti-LGBT as well. I guess I really shouldn't be surprised....but I still am for reasons I can't explain. What an asshole.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.