• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
We actually had listing(s) for this back in 2017. Crazy that it would take so long to come out. If it does come out, "delay" would most definitely be due to price of the 32GB carts, Squeenix and/or Nintendo probably waiting for them to become affordable enough.

And yeah, 60€ is way too cheap for import, especially as I remember the game never got a reprint and so kept its price (making a 60€ import in 2019 even less likely). Not to mention the JP release was expensive as hell, 32GB cart at launch after all.

Refyref

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that this will happen, but listings of this have "leaked" a long time ago and it didn't happen.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
After almost 3 years the 32 GB cart has become cheap enough to release the game in the West huh. Unless it's on a 16 GB cart and the rest has to be downloaded.

OP
OP
Geobros

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
We actually had listing(s) for this back in 2017. Crazy that it would take so long to come out. If it does come out, "delay" would most definitely be due to price of the 32GB carts, Squeenix and/or Nintendo probably waiting for them to become affordable enough.

And yeah, 60€ is way too cheap for import, especially as I remember the game never got a reprint and so kept its price (making a 60€ import in 2019 even less likely).

Hmmm.....I didn't know there were listings before to be honest. I just saw it in his pre order list and I was shocked and happy!!! Also, i am sure he added it recently to his list as I am watching him almost every day.

Lite_Agent

Oct 26, 2017
Somewhere. I think.
I'm still surprised that they never just sold them separately in the west.
Well, they were already released on PS4 / PC before, so full-price release would a be a tough sell. And games themselves are quite big, and would require a 16GB cart each, meaning they couldn't go with too low a price.

Waiting for 32GB carts and release the full package was definitely the better option imo.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
It seems that the pack which came out in Japan on March 2017 coming west according to greek retailer. I am sure it is not the japanese version he is selling as the price is really low for an importation. Just to remind this is the same retailer who had listed Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Assassin's Creed: Rogue before official announcement.

LOL console club again.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up giving up and buying the ps4 version. And somehow I didn't like DQHeroes as much as the first, even if it seemed like it should be better (bigger, more rpg stuff, more monsters, ect)

OP
OP
Geobros

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
For release in Europe, it's possible that even a 32GB cart would not be enough to have all the languages.

Dragon Quest XI is 13.5GB in Japan and the european version is about 14.3GB. If Dragon Quest Heroes is 26.8GB in Japan it would be about 29GB in Europe. It will be OK I think.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the Switch version add Ragnar as a bonus character? Might get it for that if his VA is gloriously Scottish.
Yeap!

DQH_Ryan_render.png

images

images

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Uggggh really hope this happens. I've been craving a Warriors like game on Switch for a long time, but I put too much time into Hyrule Warrior on the Wii U to wanna buy it again, not that interested in FE Warriors, and the core DW series' themes are pretty meh to me. This would be fucking perfect.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Western improvements don't require a update or upgrade of a 3 year old Japanese version - lol.

They want to sell the game in the west in 2020 - in a landscape were most Switch ports and Multiplattform games look and perform quite a bit better than during it's launch window. Especially KT own games have improved quite a bit - expecting more than a drag and drop of a 3 year old Switch build isn't that crazy.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Why go to the trouble when they can use the translation they already have and ship it. If you think there's going to be any improvements with performance or any other aspect of the game, then you're dreaming. LOL
Where did I say they would need to use a different translation ? Maybe just read and understand what the initial post was about before replying.

The game had some technical and performance issues with it's initial JP built ...I would expect a 2020 western release to perform and look better to be more in line with KT recent Switch ports.

Not that difficult to follow.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
Where did I say they would need to use a different translation ? Maybe just read and understand what the initial post was about before replying.

The game had some technical and performance issues with it's initial JP built ...I would expect a 2020 western release to perform and look better to be more in line with KT recent Switch ports.

Not that difficult to follow.

You didn't. My point was that they already have the work done to ship it and if you think that they're going to go back to the game to improve its technical shortcomings. These games do not do well, and as such, the effort involved in sprucing them up is not worth while when you can do the minimum and sell the very same amount of copies. What's difficult for me to follow is why you'd give TK, Square or whoever would handle the game the benefit of the doubt with this.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
That's awesome! I like both games, maybe I'll beat 1 I think pretty close but I have to recruit Psaro

Uggggh really hope this happens. I've been craving a Warriors like game on Switch for a long time, but I put too much time into Hyrule Warrior on the Wii U to wanna buy it again, not that interested in FE Warriors, and the core DW series' themes are pretty meh to me. This would be fucking perfect.
This is for you, you'll love 2.

but maybe really give FE a shot it's more traditional gameplay & really great.

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't all rush to thank me, but I searched for this on the store last night. So I probably made it happen.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
You didn't. My point was that they already have the work done to ship it and if you think that they're going to go back to the game to improve its technical shortcomings. These games do not do well, and as such, the effort involved in sprucing them up is not worth while when you can do the minimum and sell the very same amount of copies. What's difficult for me to follow is why you'd give TK, Square or whoever would handle the game the benefit of the doubt with this.
They arent releasing a 32GB card game if they dont expect it to sell anything - it would not be viable to bother with the western version at all...you are acting like they would have to rewrite the whole game or move to a different engine for it to perform better than the 3yo japanese launch game.

Just from a marketing perspective it would make sense to put a little extra work in so you can focus on some new bullet points.

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
They arent releasing a 32GB card game if they dont expect it to sell anything - it would not be viable to bother with the western version at all...you are acting like they would have to rewrite the whole game or move to a different engine for it to perform better than the 3yo japanese launch game.

Just from a marketing perspective it would make sense to put a little extra work in so you can focus on some new bullet points.

That's not what I'm saying. But it's not as if fixing up the game would require an insignificant amount of effort. I agree that it would be a waste to release it untouched. But if you don't expect anything you can't be disappointed. Simple as.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
That's not what I'm saying. But it's not as if fixing up the game would require an insignificant amount of effort. I agree that it would be a waste to release it untouched. But if you don't expect anything you can't be disappointed. Simple as.
Im hoping for it but im not expecting it - if this was a digital only release or a smaller game i could see them being happy with just a 1:1 of the japanese version with the western languages. But releasing a 32GB card game requires some upfront investment so i would think that they would set up the stage as well as possible for the western release on Switch.

And the port was done by a team that has been working and improving their content on Switch since day 1 - they have the experience and probably could provide a better version for the west without too much trouble.

DQH3 will also happen at some point and probably gonna hit Switch as well - so if this supposed to be preparing that audience for these DQ Action RPGs games, you wanna provide a solid version that could still review well on Switch and make people look forward to a potential DQH3.

HeRinger

Oct 28, 2017
DQ11 is a much bigger deal than DQ Heroes.

Erm... Enlighten me then, oh oracle.
So your point is that a much bigger game like DQ11 wouldn't need a new japanese release to accompany the improved western release, but the smaller DQ Heroes that no one in Japan cares nowadays would? Makes sense.

Your original point wasn't that it isn't worth the trouble for SE, your point was that they would need an equally improved japanese release, which was proven false.

Last edited:

Gloam

Oct 29, 2017
So your point is that a much bigger game like DQ11 wouldn't need a new japanese release to accompany the improved western release, but the smaller DQ Heroes that no one in Japan cares nowadays would? Makes sense.

Their was a precedent for improvements to be made to mainline DQ games when localizing them. As 11 was positioned as a successor to 8 it followed the template set out by that game. Now, DQ11S incorporated all of the elements from the improved PS4/PC version and added other elements too. My point is, for a game like DQ11 it does indeed make sense.

11S WAS the new Japanese release. For DQ Heroes, unless it's a Power Up Pack or Ultimate situation it makes no sense to put extra effort into a Western release if you're not going to try and pick up some extra sales at home too. DQ in the West is no DQ in Japan after all.

I realize that I'm not exactly going from A-B-C here, but I don't think that what I'm saying is as obtuse or ill conceived as your reply makes out.

We will see how it all turns out if or when this is announced. As I said above expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
the game will most likely have better performance now compared to 2017 if it is indeed getting a localization.

Oct 27, 2017
I hope it does indeed come over. I bought the collectors edition for the first game and really liked it. I was gonna say one the sequel, then the Switch 2 pack got announced prior to the Switch launch so I decided to go with that version instead and it never came over. I actually messaged the Dragon Quest Facebook page about how I was interested in buying it and they told me they didn't have any plans to bring it west at the time. So I just passed on Heroes 2 entirely. Of course that was early 2017, so things must have changed since.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
One of the worst ports on Switch. Should have stayed Japan exclusive.

Also wtf? 4 musous on Switch on one year? Do Switch owners really care about musous that much?

Deleted member 3010

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fina-fucking-lly.

No regret on choking to import a copy back then when there weren't many games.