• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Find out where it all began - the first three #DragonQuest games are coming to North America, and for the first time on console in Europe, on #NintendoSwitch!

You can start with any of the three games, so get ready for classic adventures from September 27th.

Info about price:

Square Enix will release the Switch versions of Dragon Quest, Dragon Quest II: Luminaries of the Legendary Line, and Dragon Quest III: The Seeds of Salvation via the Nintendo eShop in the west day-and-date with their Japanese release on September 27 for $4.99, $6.49, and $12.49, respectively, the company announced.

Last edited:

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they release Switch versions of the DS/3DS ports of 4 onward as well.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting them to stay in Japan like the PS4 and 3DS versions.

I'll pick up all three.

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
I'm guessing the NA release is digital only??? Bought the playasia physical version just in case though

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Bizarre that they're not also bringing over the PS4 versions.

Looking forward to picking them up and giving them a go. Hopefully they have a good price.

PC90

Enlightened
Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Awesome. A physical release like Collection of Mana would be even better, but I take what I can get

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Which versions are these? I remember some complaining when this was first announced.

I think the last time I played these was on the GBC. I just remember they made the first so much less grindy that it was barely a game anymore... :)

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
User Warned: Port Begging
When Square said they want to make legacy titles available to everyone, they should have stated they mean Nintendo Switch. Yes, it's probably the best place to play these titles, and the Collection of Mana case was special due to lost code, but I feel these classic titles should also be on PC and PS4. I think they are on mobile, right? I don't want to do port begging here, just state that Square is again doing platform choice the Square way :D

Malajax

Oct 27, 2017
Is it a bundle or separate releases? I just started playing DQ I again on my phone last night.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Are this even good these days? or did they age poorly?
DQ3 is still great. The other two are very much the JRPG being figured out and codified.
When Square said they want to make legacy titles available to everyone, they should have stated they mean Nintendo Switch. Yes, it's probably the best place to play these titles, and the Collection of Mana case was special due to lost code, but I feel these classic titles should also be on PC and PS4. I think they are on mobile, right? I don't want to do port begging here, just state that Square is again doing platform choice the Square way :D
It's weird because they already put 1-3 out on PS4 in Japan.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
Good news - hopefully this is a step in the right direction for Dragon Quest Monsters to get a localised port as well

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If they do a physical release later on I might buy these.

Surprised they have decided to bring them over and I guess they have decided to do it themselves.