1. Xenosaga

Xenosaga
    Member OP

2. DKHF

DKHF

Press release:
    LOS ANGELES (March 28, 2018) – One of the most revered role-playing game franchises of all time returns to the West with DRAGON QUEST® XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ coming to the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and STEAM® on September 4.

DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age tells a captivating tale of a hunted hero and is the long-awaited role-playing game from series creator Yuji Horii, character designer Akira Toriyama, and series composer Koichi Sugiyama. As the eleventh mainline entry in the critically acclaimed series, DRAGON QUEST XI is a completely standalone experience that features entirely new characters, a beautifully detailed world, finely tuned turn-based combat, and an immersive story that will appeal to longtime fans and franchise newcomers alike. After its release in Japan, DRAGON QUEST XI won multiple gaming awards and received critical praise, including PlayStation’s Platinum Prize and a perfect 40/40 score from Famitsu (Japanese publication).

In addition to delivering over 100 hours of content, the Western release of DRAGON QUEST XI will also feature several upgrades and enhancements that were not included in the Japanese release, including:

• English Voiceover
    • Draconian Quest, a hard mode that offers additional challenges for more experienced players.
    • Overhauled Menus & UI, with graphical enhancements and more intuitive navigation.
    • Camera Mode, allowing players to take in views of the beautiful landscape, character renders and ferocious monsters in detail.
    • A New Dash Function and many other system enhancements such as improved character and camera movement

Beginning today, adventurers who pre-order from the PlayStation®Store can treat themselves to the exclusive “The Legend Reborn” Theme as an instant reward, along with in-game DLC items when the game launches – check out the following link for more details.

Full details on a SQUARE ENIX Store exclusive edition for the PlayStation®4 system will be revealed soon. For more information, please visit the game’s official social channels and website.

To get first look at gameplay from the Western version of DRAGON QUEST XI, visit: https://youtu.be/ur4MbL2Y8DM.

3. AAMARMO

AAMARMO
    Banned Member

4. Kyoufu

Kyoufu

Day one woohooooo

5. Jurec84

Jurec84

FINALLY.

6. StuBurns

StuBurns
    Banned Member

Fucking megaton.

Thank God.

7. Neoxon

Neoxon
    Community Resettler Member

No mention of the Switch version isn't surprising considering that version has been MIA for a while, but I'm surprised that the 3DS version isn't getting localized.

8. Dadasch

Dadasch
    Self-Requested Ban Member

Fucking finally!
    My first DQ...I'm very eager to see what it's all about.

9. Ghost

Ghost

That's my birthday. Thanks Square.

10. SnakeyHips

SnakeyHips

11. KainXVIII

KainXVIII

PC!

12. Blade24070

Blade24070

Crying. Finally.

Edit: also crying at no 3DS version unless that's being saved for a Nintendo Reveal.

13. tet666

tet666
    Banned Member

Steam too? Megaton...

14. vhoanox

vhoanox

Dragon Quest on PC wow

15. Joseki

Joseki

Okay the Switch version better be at E3 because it's getting ridiculous. It was the first NX title announced and we haven't seen a single screenshot.

16. kennyamr

kennyamr

Awesome, finally confirmation.

I haven't played a DQ game since VIII for PS2.

I guess the time has come :v

Man, my PS4 library keeps increasing :O

17. Ghost

Ghost

18. ZhugeEX

ZhugeEX
    诸葛亮 - 卧龙 Administrator

Told you all we'd see it soon ;)

19. Ghost Slayer

Ghost Slayer

Day 1 for PS4

20. Dreamboum

Dreamboum

STEAM

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

21. AAMARMO

AAMARMO
    Banned Member

Looks like they might have canceled the Switch version for PC.

Makes sense.

EDIT: Oh just saw Switch part in the title. Maybe 3DS version is gone for PC.

22. LordKano

LordKano

dragon quest on steam what the fuck

no.

23. Raw64life

Raw64life

Excellent. Don't know if I can finish Yakuza 2 by then but everything stops for Dragon Quest.

Now please promote the fucking game SE!!!!!!

24. Bishop89

Bishop89

Hells yeah! Hoping it's as good as 8

25. Wandu

Wandu

26. Joseki

Joseki

No because it doesn't make sense

27. MakoEyes

MakoEyes

Finally! So happy!

28. Rhaya

Rhaya

Bryan yes!.gif.

Hopefully the steam version doesn't suck

29. ConanEdogawa

ConanEdogawa

No 3DS version? :(

30. Bonejack

Bonejack

Neither Switch nor 3DS version simulataneously? Good grief.

31. Glassboy

Glassboy

Hell yeah. I’ll buy one of each to support the series.

32. Ishiro

Ishiro

Damn SE, not even waiting for E3. Will be my first DQ, can’t wait.

33. TeenageFBI

TeenageFBI

Day and date PC OMG
    I’m in. I mean, I was already in but now I’m even more in!

34. mrmickfran

mrmickfran

You sneaky bastard

35. texhnolyze

texhnolyze

Steam? Hahaha..

36. Wander_

Wander_

What a shame

37. Renna Hazel

Renna Hazel

I've given up on the Switch version at this point. I guess I'll get it on PS4. This game looks so gorgeous, can't wait to see it on my TV. Does this have any Pro enhancements?

38. Dreamboum

Dreamboum

So it has voice acting OBVIOUSLY

Hopefully it closes the lid on all the naysayers

39. StuBurns

StuBurns
    Banned Member

So cool that it's getting a PC release too.

God I'm pumped. I never lost faith.

DOPE

40. Scrawnton

Scrawnton

Day one on PS4.

I’ll also buy it on 3ds and Switch if those ever come over.

41. cw_sasuke

cw_sasuke

Steam release ? We fucking won.
    I knew SE wouldnt disappoint me with this release.

I guess 3DS/Switch releases will be handled by Nintendo. Best of both worlds.

42. Jazzem

Jazzem

Yesssssssss re: Steam!! :D

Only DQ I've finished is IV on DS so I'm all over this

43. DKHF

DKHF

Press release, as expected it has voice acting

LOS ANGELES (March 28, 2018) – One of the most revered role-playing game franchises of all time returns to the West with DRAGON QUEST® XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age™ coming to the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and STEAM® on September 4.

DRAGON QUEST XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age tells a captivating tale of a hunted hero and is the long-awaited role-playing game from series creator Yuji Horii, character designer Akira Toriyama, and series composer Koichi Sugiyama. As the eleventh mainline entry in the critically acclaimed series, DRAGON QUEST XI is a completely standalone experience that features entirely new characters, a beautifully detailed world, finely tuned turn-based combat, and an immersive story that will appeal to longtime fans and franchise newcomers alike. After its release in Japan, DRAGON QUEST XI won multiple gaming awards and received critical praise, including PlayStation’s Platinum Prize and a perfect 40/40 score from Famitsu (Japanese publication).

In addition to delivering over 100 hours of content, the Western release of DRAGON QUEST XI will also feature several upgrades and enhancements that were not included in the Japanese release, including:

• English Voiceover
    • Draconian Quest, a hard mode that offers additional challenges for more experienced players.
    • Overhauled Menus & UI, with graphical enhancements and more intuitive navigation.
    • Camera Mode, allowing players to take in views of the beautiful landscape, character renders and ferocious monsters in detail.
    • A New Dash Function and many other system enhancements such as improved character and camera movement

Beginning today, adventurers who pre-order from the PlayStation®Store can treat themselves to the exclusive “The Legend Reborn” Theme as an instant reward, along with in-game DLC items when the game launches – check out the following link for more details.

44. Dark_Castle

Dark_Castle

Please oh please tell me they added voice acting. Delay it to 2019 if must, seriously.

Edit: YES! Good work Square Enix! And Steam release too, fuck yes.

45. Kokonoe

Kokonoe
    Banned Member

STEAM!? MEGATON!

46. GHG

GHG

Steam getting that JRPG love this year.

About time.

47. OnionPowder

OnionPowder

PC version?

60FPS?

Man this is a tough choice, but I'm hyped for whatever I get it on.

48. Yerffej

Yerffej

Lame about Switch.

49. Ragnarsson

Ragnarsson

Thank God for that! I can't wait to get my hands on this one!

50. KainXVIII

KainXVIII

Dat grating midi sound =(