• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess I never noticed this since the last game I bought on launch on steam was Doom.

That does seem weird to me, though, that it unlocks like 11 AM in the East Coast on launch day. Like... why then?
No idea but apparently it unlocks 6 hours earlier than that in Spain, so I'll be VPN'ing like a motherfucker after I wake up. Hopefully this game lets you do that.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
Should I play this?

Never really got into DQ and apart from some small bits I havent seen much of the game. The only turn based stuff I have managed to willingly play is Persona 5 in the last x years.

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Downloaded, along with all of the pre order goodies, ready to go at midnight Tuesday. I am glad I decided to take an extra day off for the long weekend.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
6 more hours for me on PSN XD
It'll be midnight for me.
If I had bought on Steam it would have been another day or so.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Are we expecting news about DQXI at TGS? I remember there was some mumblings about it some time ago..
It's possible:
Gematsu said:
Regarding the Nintendo Switch version, Horii said, "I can't really speak about it, but it is progressing smoothly."

Horii also remarked, "I have a feeling we'll have a variety of announcements around TGS, but just how much will we say…" hinting that there will be an announcement regarding the Switch version of Dragon Quest XI around Tokyo Game Show 2018, which runs from September 20 to 23.

Furthermore, Dragon Quest XI director Takeshi Uchikawa said, "I have a feeling we will be able to announce something soon," further adding to the likelihood of the Switch version surfacing.

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2018/08/dragon-...possibly-set-for-tgs-2018#oKtlGwY85GIBl7Jy.99
They don't promise us a reveal, but they do seem to hint towards it.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still really bummed the 3DS version won't be localized.

The only real hope now is an English fan translation.
Yeah, I actually imported a Japanese copy and need to learn how to do all that homebrew stuff to play other region games (I already have a link bookmarked, I just haven't gotten around to it yet)
and like you I'm really hoping there will be some fan translation someday.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
I was playing on draconian quest with stronger enemies and reduced exp from weak enemies. I had to bow out of stronger enemies, because I was getting rocked a little too hard on boss fights. The game is sick so far.