• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Polygon said:
Dragon Quest 11 on Switch needs 'many things' worked out first
The team knows you want the Switch version, but please stop asking them about it
"We're making it," said Okamoto. "We're still making it. I can't say anything more."
When we first announced [Dragon Quest 11], the Switch hadn't come out yet, and the development kit also wasn't finalized," he said. "The hardware specs weren't out yet, but we were like, 'We can manage this. We can put this out on the Switch.'"
There's no telling when Okamoto and crew will be done "taking care of all those many things" that need adjustments before the Switch version launches. In fact, Okamoto, through a translator, kindly asked me to stop asking about when Dragon Quest 11 would come to Switch as I continued to press for answers.
Source: https://www.polygon.com/e3/2018/6/19/17466624/dragon-quest-11-nintendo-switch-version-e3-2018

Oct 25, 2017
They want the PS4 version to sell, but they're the ones that promised a switch version like 2 years before switch launched and delayed it without giving a release window.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gaming media should give them the silent treatment once they're ready to show the Switch version.

they're gonna quietly cancel it

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I've started to wonder if this is going to end up being a Japan only streaming thing ala RE7. I know it's a bit different because it's an MMO, but didn't SE use a similar model to get Dragon Quest X on tablets and 3DS?

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's probably a technical mess at the moment. I have a feeling they're gonna reboot it and cancel making it a downport of the PS4 version and more like a hybrid like that FF15 chibi version.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It better be awesome, I'm still angry we're not getting the 3DS version, which seemed like the most interesting one.

Should've made it a 3DS port. At least we get to experience that version.

Pretty much. I'd rather have it be a port of the 3DS version than the PS4 version.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Why not simply release the 3DS-version in the west? It's portable and a different game than the PS4 version. I would actually double-dip just for the nostalgia and 2D-graphics. No need for a probably 2 years late inferior Switch-version. Square-Enix makes so many strange decissions these days ...

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"When we first announced [Dragon Quest 11], the Switch hadn't come out yet, and the development kit also wasn't finalized," he said. "The hardware specs weren't out yet, but we were like, 'We can manage this. We can put this out on the Switch.'"

a reasonable decision

/s

Plum

May 31, 2018

Deleted member 2102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope they can get it working nicely. Dragon Quest XI's excellent, and I'd love for it to have as large an audience as possible. Shame they might have gotten a bit ahead of themselves with the announcement.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
Id say take your time to learn the platform properly and port over other more advanced stuff as well.

Mar 23, 2018
Dragon Quest XI Switch vs Final Fantasy VII Remake

The battle continues within the depths of Unreal Engine 4

They're totally not prioritizing the DQ XI portable version so people double dip later, right?

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
SquareEnix needs to fucking stop announcing things before actually starting working on them already.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
If they just ported the 3DS version, there wouldn't have been problems and I actually get to play that version.

May 27, 2018
Ain't buying no Fortnite lockout machine or using a shitpit to buy and play DQ.

And don't even come with me with that 3DS nonsense.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
When we first announced [Dragon Quest 11], the Switch hadn't come out yet, and the development kit also wasn't finalized," he said. "The hardware specs weren't out yet, but we were like, 'We can manage this. We can put this out on the Switch.'"

Well, you guys are the one's who announced it. Now don't get upset because of fan backlash.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
They can take as long as they want. Playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2 on Switch has taught me not to look elsewhere for my JRPGs. The TV-handheld combination is just too perfect. I don't care about resolution and performance either. Can play DQ11 on PC as well, but gonna wait for the Switch version.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
A 3DS Port should be easy to port and sell but they choose a PS4 port that will probably ending selling less because it was first on two platforms.

Worldshaker

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
PS4 day one, and if the Switch version is different enough I'll double dip.

I can see them adding exclusive content for Switch fans having to wait.

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
SquareEnix needs to fucking stop announcing things before actually starting working on them already.
People would say the exact opposite if they didn't though.

"They'd obviously been working on it before hand, they should have announced it so we could have made an informed decision", that kind of thing.

Publishers can't win with stuff like this. I'd favour transparency every time.