• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it's a new trailer if i'm not mistaken, showing new footage (including some great shots of the 2D mode):

WARNING: the trailer has a spoiler. you probably won't notice if you haven't played the game but watch at your own risk.

some screens (they're blurry, just wanted to show some scenes in both 3D and 2D modes):

screenshot2019-06-11ahjkjv.jpg

screenshot2019-06-11aqsj64.jpg

screenshot2019-06-11ac0jjk.jpg

screenshot2019-06-11aupkag.jpg

screenshot2019-06-11aj0jwl.jpg

screenshot2019-06-11ad4jql.jpg

screenshot2019-06-11atfjux.jpg

screenshot2019-06-11aw3kmw.jpg

EDIT: list of the new features coming to the game in this version:

- "super fast" battle speed
- japanese VA
- party members follow you on the field
- you can call your horse from anywhere on the field
- killing enemies while on the horse earns you XP
- the 2D mode from the 3DS version (you can play the whole game like a SNES RPG, and can toggle between 2D and 3D mid-game)
- orchestrated music, can switch back to MIDI (it's still not clear whether everything is orchestrated or not, but field and battle themes are confirmed)
- new story content, focusing on each of the party members
- more monsters to ride
- the retro areas from the 3DS version are back, you get to revisit areas from each of the past 10 dragon quest games
- more marriage options (you can choose to "live with" male characters as well)
- there's going to be an audio drama DLC coming after launch

Last edited:

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Looks freaking awesome. Hate that they have tied the orchestra soundtrack to this though.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
They showed that character in the trailer. We don't have to keep dancing around it now, right?

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oh OK spoilers apparently so I won't watch this then.

Looking forward to playing the definitive version.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think I might buy this version just so I can play the 2D sprite mode.

(My brother bought the PS4 version and I played that.)

VHS

Alt account
Banned
May 8, 2019
Played about 10 hours of the game and don't notice the spoiler in the trailer. Think people are overstating it

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I really like both the 3d and 2d modes! That's awesome, because it means I can play through this game twice with completely different experiences! Really looking forward to it!

Rpgmonkey

Oct 25, 2017
Pointing out out-of-context content is a spoiler is often going to have the opposite effect guys lol. Chances are you could have kept quiet and almost no one would have noticed or remembered like three unimportant seconds in a 1 minute trailer months before the game comes out.

Anyway I feel like I don't remember one of the outfits Jade is in, or rather the color of it, but maybe it's the lighting.

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, just saying I played a little chunk and still don't notice the spoiler. Like someone up above said, no one would know if people didn't say.

I'd appreciate to be told there is a pretty big spoiler in the video of a game I'm interested in playing. It's a 1-2 second thing but still, I'm surprised that SE left that in there.

Anyone that has finished the game knows what I'm taking about.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
WHAT?! did i mess up by watching the trailer?
If you didn't notice it, then you won't know. It was very brief, and people unfamiliar with the game won't know to look for it.

Just don't watch it again. (Though IMO I think it should be discussable consider how long the game has been out, but I won't do it here. And I have a feeling it'll be present in the media leading up to the release if this trailer is an indicator.)

Deleted member 38050

Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah the trailer has a spoiler in it but if you don't know anything about the game you will definitely miss it. If you're not going frame-by-frame you're likely to miss it anyway.
It's not exactly an earth-shattering thing anyway. But still, you've been warned!

RingoGaSuki

Apr 22, 2019
My most anticipated game. Played it back when it first launched on 3DS two years ago now, keen as fuck to play through again. Looking to be one of the best games of all time

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dread the moment when I will have to choose between 2D and 3D mode.

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
If you didn't notice it, then you won't know. It was very brief, and people unfamiliar with the game won't know to look for it.

Just don't watch it again. (Though IMO I think it should be discussable consider how long the game has been out, but I won't do it here. And I have a feeling it'll be present in the media leading up to the release if this trailer is an indicator.)
I normally agree that such things should be discussable a year after launch, but in this case plenty of people willingly skipped on the original release in order to play it on Switch (since it was already announced for that system), so I think being considerate about spoilers is a fair practice here.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I assume the game will be purchasable with Nintendo vouchers since afaik Nintendo is publishing it outside Japan?

Deleted member 38050

Banned
Jan 10, 2018

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
If the performance or visuals are bad undocked I will play with modern graphics docked and retro graphics undocked. Win-win!

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I normally agree that such things should be discussable a year after launch, but in this case plenty of people willingly skipped on the original release in order to play it on Switch (since it was already announced for that system), so I think being considerate about spoilers is a fair practice here.
I understand that, so I won't go into any further detail on ERA. Though if people really want to stay spoiler free, I'd suggest avoid all media and interviews about the game since it seems like SE doesn't particularly care about keeping it hidden anymore. One of the first interviews about the new version stated the spoiler clear as day without any warning, so it's gonna be out there.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
i dont gett it. i beaten the game on ps4 and went back to see said spoiler here, watched the video 5 times... i must not consider it a spoiler whatever the hell it is...

if someone can clarify it for me i would appreciate it. lost at the "spoiler talk"

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
I was really hoping they'd announce DLC for the base version at the same time (Like World of Final Fantasy Maxima) as I'm holding off on a playthrough on PS4 on account of the musical score.

It's DQ though so I suppose I can double dip.

Gambit

Oct 27, 2017
I understand that, so I won't go into any further detail on ERA. Though if people really want to stay spoiler free, I'd suggest avoid all media and interviews about the game since it seems like SE doesn't particularly care about keeping it hidden anymore. One of the first interviews about the new version stated the spoiler clear as day without any warning, so it's gonna be out there.

Yep, I have not played the game and immediately noticed it. Oh well, not too big of a deal.

At least I now know who's gonna be in my final party!

Archduke Kong

Feb 2, 2019
Dude how is there no release date yet? The game came out last year, I don't get how it's been 4 months since the announcement about a port of a game from last year and a new trailer still won't tell us when it comes out. If there's no date in the direct, I'm concerned.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhh...Martina. Can't wait to pick this up. Glad I waited, because I would have been mad with the base version.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
"With the backing of a full orchestra" was a slap in the face for everyone who purchased the PS4 version.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
It does have a spoiler yeah.

It's about the 8th partymember which was kept a secret for a pretty long time. I guess they thought most people would miss it, because it's in plain sight. Then again who can resist the Henny Wenny, the main character's crush.

Status
Not open for further replies.