• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
They should have at least patched in the orchestral music. Feels like such a massive slap in the face for the fans who were there day one for you to deprive them of that.
I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo paid for the orchestral tracks
alongside "Brave" (rumored to be Erdrick).

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the Japanese release of XI include ports of the original trilogy? Would be a nice bonus to get them along with this.

Also I have no idea why people are talking about the Switch content being patched for free into the other versions. If it comes it's going to be a paid dlc. Probably 15 or 20 dollars. They aren't going to go through the work of adding all that stuff for free, plus they'll likely have to pay Sugiyama again to distribute his recordings to other platforms. This is gonna cost money.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't the Japanese release of XI include ports of the original trilogy? Would be a nice bonus to get them along with this.
it didn't include them, they were released separately on psn/eshop, but if you finished the game it gave you a link to download the first game for free. weird that they didn't release them for ps4 in the west since they're based on the already localized mobile ports.

Oct 25, 2017
Any talk on the possibility about the other versions getting patched with this extra content is mostly unlikely by the fact they literally had to rebuild the game every time they had to release it. They had to redo the game for the west and the PC port, and they had to redo the game on Switch. I don't see a patch happening, if anything it's more likely they'll just report the game once more on PS4 and make you buy that. Legitimately the Japanese PS4 version is the worst version you can get now, because it's been 2 years and they've gotten nothing.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's a little over a year old, lol it's not like it's a PS2 game or something...
?

I'm talking about the quality of the visuals given it's a UE4 game made for the PS4. Being cartoony and on a scalable engine doesn't stop games from being stripped down when ported to the switch so this port's parity is surprising. Though we will need a proper pixel count and frame rate analysis before making a solid conclusion