Dragon Quest XI S (for Switch) special stage confirmed for Jump Festa

Oct 27, 2017
Dragon Quest XI special stage confirmed for Jump Festa. It will take place on December 22nd, 2pm Japan time
Horii Yuji will be there and they will new information on DQXI S. There will also be special guest (probably Japanese VAs)

(this is google translated version of the page)

https://www.jp.square-enix.com/jf19/stage/

Oct 25, 2017
coolio. can't wait to see how they port this. the game runs on a GPD Win2 pretty well, soI have decent expectations for this port

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder what they mean by "follow-up report". Follow-up from their title announcement or follow-up from a more substantial announcement through another venue? Nintendo Direct?

In any case very glad to finally hear/see more.

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to seeing it on Switch, but I already gave in when the game hit $30. Wish it were a day and date release with the other platforms.

Oct 29, 2017
I wonder what they mean by "follow-up report". Follow-up from their title announcement or follow-up from a more substantial announcement through another venue? Nintendo Direct?

In any case very glad to finally hear/see more.
Title announcement.

Oct 25, 2017
My requirement for rpgs for me to play them are

Must have optional super boss/bosses
Must have above average story
Needs to be challenging, want to die some
Being rewarded well for exploring

Does dragon quest 11 have some or all of this?

Oct 25, 2017
About time they announced this.

Not expecting much on extra content may be some switch exclusive features that the PS4 can't do. Play the 3DS version while Undocked etc. Maybe a Mario costume or something.

The big thing could be Japanese Voice acting which won't be as important since the PS4 already has VA.

Oct 26, 2017
Not getting my hopes up. I did for TGS and it was just a name reveal. This time it’ll probably be a whole setup just for the boxart reveal.

Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Cool. Hopefully DQXI S is basically the PS4 version but it plays like the 3DS version, because the latter is much more interesting when it comes to stuff like the forging and world map flying. Oh and it has an amazing village with sidequests for each and every previous mainline Dragon Quest.

Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
My requirement for rpgs for me to play them are

Must have optional super boss/bosses
Must have above average story
Needs to be challenging, want to die some
Being rewarded well for exploring

Does dragon quest 11 have some or all of this?
  • Dragon Quest 11 has many optional bosses + an optional super boss.
  • Mileage is going to vary on the story. In general, DQ games are more about well-executed vignettes than a mind-blowing main story. I would not describe DQ11's story as a selling point.
  • DQ11 has a higher difficulty setting you can select at the beginning of that game. On that difficulty setting, you will die some. On the default setting, you will not face any challenge until the postgame.
  • Dragon Quest games are all about rewarding exploration with items or extra information about the world/characters. I think DQ11 is a little weaker in this regard than previous DQs, but I still felt well compensated for the times I was allowed to leave the beaten path.