• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
Just hope Nintendo does not delay too much with the localization release if they are publishing outside of Japan

Nolbertos

Dec 9, 2017
That was the worst SE show I've seen. They trolled us pretty bad. Gusss its up to Nintendo in January to reveal

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Man, it's not like I was EXPECTING Smash or anything, but really wished they could've shown more gameplay or something.

At least, it was short and finished before I had to go to work.

KCS

Oct 27, 2017
It was just your typical Japanese livestream. 2 minutes of content and 58 minutes of the devs and VA talking about nothing.

Deleted member 38050

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 10, 2018
Everyone who was expecting Smash info from this thing or from the thing in January are fools, tbh.
You're not gonna get Smash reveals from a little S-E stream like this, only from Nintendo Directs and big events like the VGAs.

This whole stream had about as much info as should have been realistically expected, given S-Es history with events like this.
I honestly expected at least a tiny bit of live gameplay, however.

Oh well, see you all again for the January stream thing.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I was hoping for a more firm release date after all this time instead of a vague "2019" (in Japan).

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
The people demanding something for Smash are annoying. I mean, Smash is insanely good and has lots of possibility for third-party inclusion, but it won't appear on every livestream.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If that trailer is Switch footage it looks incredibly good for the system, maybe better than any other Switch game thus far. IQ didn't take anywhere near as much of a hit as I expected considering it's 900p on a base PS4. Of course, it is also the first Switch game that was announced so maybe that's to be expected.
To my knowledge they bumped that res to 1080p for the western release. Don't quote me on it tho.

brinstar

User requested ban
Oct 25, 2017
The people demanding something for Smash are annoying. I mean, Smash is insanely good and has lots of possibility for third-party inclusion, but it won't appear on every livestream.
there is a rumor going around that the next DLC character for Smash is DQ-related, that's why people are speculating

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA

But it doesn't have a DQ rep yet, so it's not quite perfect :p

And yeah, I know it was a longshot to expect a Smash announcement (the recent rumor doesn't help). It's just nice to hope for things. Sorry if that annoys you :/

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I'm pretty sure people are joking about the Smash stuff. We know they wouldn't reveal a Smash character in some rinky dink live stream like this

Deleted member 3700

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, sorry for my rant on Smash talk. It is off topic so let's drop it for now.

I am fine with no actual gameplay as I am sure they will show it in Jan. Judging from the livestream just now, XI S is clearly a big deal to the team so I am fairly optimistic towards the final game. I have not yet played the game, so I am very excited to get my hands on it eventually.

Terrell

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The best part of this is that the very few ridiculous people who were still clamouring that this would be based on the 3DS version can sit down and keep their mouth shut. FINALLY.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"In the game's story you can marry [redacted due to spoilers], but I thought that people would want to choose from various characters, so we've added that," Horii said. "While it isn't marriage, you can even choose Erik or Hendrik—so you can choose the person you live with."

Producer Hokuto Okamoto supplemented Horii's statement, adding, "You can choose the partner you live with."

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/dragon-...9-in-japan-teaser-trailer#oMFUAOswgFarp78X.99

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
"In the game's story you can marry [redacted due to spoilers], but I thought that people would want to choose from various characters, so we've added that," Horii said. "While it isn't marriage, you can even choose Erik or Hendrik—so you can choose the person you live with."

Producer Hokuto Okamoto supplemented Horii's statement, adding, "You can choose the partner you live with."

https://gematsu.com/2018/12/dragon-...9-in-japan-teaser-trailer#oMFUAOswgFarp78X.99
"It's not marriage but it's exactly like marriage."