Dragon Quest XI S (for Switch) special stage confirmed for Jump Festa

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I wonder how downgraded the visuals and fidelity will feel to PS4.
Since it seems like they're retooling the graphics for the S version, I think there won't be much of a feeling of "downgradedness" and more of "difference". Maybe they'll retool the engine to make the game look cel-shaded - which can look good even on a lower-powered system.
  • Actual orchestrated OST in the West.
  • Composer ejected from DQ for being a bad human.
Oh god, yes. Sugiyama won't be gone though, he'll probably be involved with DQ until he retires or dies.

Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I wonder how downgraded the visuals and fidelity will feel to PS4. Ideal scenario:

• Decent port/approximation of PS4 version, while also including the option to play and switch to the sprite based retro visuals whenever.
  • New extras/content/surprises.
  • Actual orchestrated OST in the West.
  • Composer ejected from DQ for being a bad human.
You know, with all the fuss surrounding XI's soundtrack, I'm actually a little optimistic that Nintendo (let's face it, SE is going to make them publish it in the West), might've seen all that and will at least find it worthwhile to include the orchestra soundtrack. Let's not forget there's a huge difference between a portable port on 3DS and a console port that people will be playing at home on TV.

Since it seems like they're retooling the graphics for the S version, I think there won't be much of a feeling of "downgradedness" and more of "difference". Maybe they'll retool the engine to make the game look cel-shaded - which can look good even on a lower-powered system.

Oh god, yes. Sugiyama won't be gone though, he'll probably be involved with DQ until he retires or dies.
Yeah, I remember way back when VIII was announced , I was posting on MM Cafe back then, and one of the first translated interviews I read was Sugiyama commenting on the concerns of his age and happily declaring how he's going to keep doing DQ until he dies. He could very well have been literal.

Oct 25, 2017
Do hope they include the 3DS version alongside the PS4 one.
After waiting like two years it feels like the smartest thing to do giving Japanese gamers the option to rebuy it to play a very different version if they only bought one or in the west a way to bring in the 3DS version which wouldn’t come over otherwise.