• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Nov 15, 2017
The voice cast is the same as Dragon Quest Rivals so if you're curious about someone you can just look that up.

We won't know anyone not already in Rivals though

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If that trailer is Switch footage it looks incredibly good for the system, maybe better than any other Switch game thus far. IQ didn't take anywhere near as much of a hit as I expected considering it's 900p on a base PS4. Of course, it is also the first Switch game that was announced so maybe that's to be expected.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
If that trailer is Switch footage it looks incredibly good for the system, maybe better than any other Switch game thus far. IQ didn't take anywhere near as much of a hit as I expected considering it's 900p on a base PS4. Of course, it is also the first Switch game that was announced so maybe that's to be expected.

It's UE4 and Epic has put in a ton of work on that engine for Switch

cvxfreak

DINO CRISIS SUX
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
JP VA list:

Erik: Koki Uchiyama
Veronica: Maaya Uchida
Serena: Sora Amamiya
Jade: Ami Koshimizu
Rab: Mugihito
Sylvia: Masaya Onosaka

Jan 2, 2018
can someone make a little comparison with ps4 footage?

PS4:

aTNzZ4O.jpg

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmjSoL5y4YA

Switch:

As2wKFh.jpg

Edit: Take out the YouTube compression and I think it looks pretty good!

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they opted to reduce the texture and model quality of the world in order to mostly maintain the character models and textures, that's the right call imo, the character and enemy models are some of the best things in DQ11 graphically.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
The main problem they'll run into with this port is the cities, like BotW and XB2. Will be curious to see that when they show it off.
Erik is Sakuraba Neku and Roxas! I love his work. They are all amazing actors with a lot of big roles on their resumé!
It's an absurdly stacked cast, yeah, but then again, it's DQ.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Is that really all the footage we're getting?
Just cutscene stuff? I know the VO is meant to be the big selling point for Japan but I just want to see the game in motion.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
Yeah, let's not ever use that face tracking stuff in a video game ever. Unless you want to scare the shit out of people.
Mocap is realistic enough but not to the point of giving me nightmares let's keep it like that

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping they'd figure out how to get the 3DS stuff in there. Oh well. Looks like a good port at least.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I wonder what this game will be localized in the West as. "S" just don't carry weight like that in the West.
Dragon Quest XI Ultimate

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, let's not ever use that face tracking stuff in a video game ever. Unless you want to scare the shit out of people.
Mocap is realistic enough but not to the point of giving me nightmares let's keep it like that
games have been using face tracking for a while now.

this is just a comparatively lower-tech version it seems. there are apps to do this with most phones and webcams