- Oct 27, 2017
So excited! Glad I waited, though glad for others it at least looks like there’s a save transfer of sorts.
i was hoping DQ 1-3 would be announced as well.
it just requires SE to add the feature already existing in the japanese version to western versions. i have a feeling they won't tho, as that would just make the people who want patches for the existing versions even more angry.
Isn't it just PS4 to Switch that's confirmed as a save transfer?
yeah but PC version was just made for when they localized the game, it's not really a big deal for them in japan. if they were to add the save-transfer future to western PS4 version, i assume PC would get the patch too.
I agree. It is a shame there won't be a definitive version with the best graphics and all the content...
Fingers crossed, then. It's not the end of the world if I start over, but it would still suck to throw all that progress out (I made it as far as the dungeon inside the mural).
I mean the base game already received 90 scores - this version offers much more so high scores are a given.
I put 80 hours into the PC version but fell off in the middle of the post game and I'm still buying the Switch version lol
I mean, I would love say a $20 DLC update for the changes (don't need orchestral thanks to modding) , but it's not likely to happen. So, might as well unfortunately.
What I really want to know is the additional story content substantialthe game recently got a date and several new trailers. for those, visit here:
Dragon Quest XI S - Definitive Edition E3 2019 trailer (UPDATE: Nintendo Direct trailer, September 27th, cover, JP bundle and controller revealed)it's a new trailer if i'm not mistaken, showing new footage (including some great shots of the 2D mode): WARNING: the trailer has a spoiler. you probably won't notice if you haven't played the game but watch at your own risk. some screens (they're blurry, just wanted to show some scenes in...www.resetera.com
today, there was another japanese live stream for the definitive edition, there's a lot of new stuff so i thought a sperate thread was needed. i'm posting info posted on the twitter account. i'll update the OP with more info if the come.
here's my previous list of new features in the definitive edition:
1. new trailer:
2. cover art, there's something new in the upper right corner? the cover is the same for the western version.
3. there's a voice drama DLC, 4 to 5 hours in length. included with the special edition, separate purchase for the normal edition. many stories about different characters, including stories about their past. possible to display the character the story is talking about?
4. another bit of DLC included in the special edition lets you change the appearance of two characters to be like DQ8, as well as the ability to change the field music tracks to those of DQ8!
5. for japanese version, english VA is DLC included with the special edition. text is still japanese only. western versions get japanese and english VA, no dlc.
6. hardware bundle
7. new monsters to ride
8. super fast battle speed
9. photo mode!
10. retro areas from DQ 1 to 10 return form the 3DS version. previously, the areas from DQ 1 to 6 were 2D, and the areas from DQ 7 to 10 were 3D. in this version, all areas are 2D.
11. revival spell! you can carry over your progress from the 3DS or PS4 version and continue from were you left off in those versions, using a code. probably japan-only.
12. a look at the hero in DQ8 costume
13. an area from DQ8 translated to pixel art
14. long list of additions/improvements in the definitive edition
15. you can do blacksmithing from anywhere on the field, can also buy missing material on the spot
16. more photo mode screens
17. slime pro controller
woof, that was exhausting. i haven't played the game and i'm using twitter translations, let me know if there's anything wrong.
Especially when talking the intial japanese PS4 release the western version was already a solid update.
Dragon Quest games have never had voice acting in Japan. The first release didn't as well to keep up with tradition. Many japanese fans prefer to play the game that way. They just added them to this version as a value added proposition.
Same, even if the PS4 got the QoL features for a price I would be happy.
Support DQ, bro! We need more of these games.Same, even if the PS4 got the QoL features for a price I would be happy.
No interest in the 3DS nonsense, the story DLC from the look of it won't be much. May be half an hour for each character if it is what I expect. Probably won't get the audio drama either.
I am buying it second hand for switch. SE or Nintendo aren't getting any more of my money for this title other than a PS4 patch.
I put about the same amount of time into the game but finished the post game. I'll still be double dipping on this. Don't know if it'll be day 1 or not, but there's enough improvements here that I'll definitely want to play it again (unless the unlikely happens and the PC version gets the additional stuff patched/offered as DLC).