Dragon Quest XI S Japanese stream reveals even more new features for the Definitive Edition (photo mode, voice drama, DQ8 music, etc)

8byte

Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Orchestral music you say? Welp, looks like I'm for sure not buying this on PS4, visuals be damned (especially since it seems like there's a slim chance any of this would ever make it to other platforms).

Time to go out and buy a switch.

OP
OP
mazi

mazi

Oct 27, 2017
I imagine Square Enix would handle it like they handled Octopath Traveler, as in they probably would release the new features as payable DLC, probably a year after release, and only on the PC version, if they do decide to bring the new features.
yeah. if the exclusivity/publishing deal is the same as octopath, the PC version may get the new content around september 2020.

sensui-tomo

Oct 25, 2017
Octopath has new features on the steam release? I thought it was just a straight port with better fps/resolution. I might need to check that out if that has content.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Only thing that could make this version more insanely awesome is if they patched over the save transfer code feature thing to the PS4 version and let me put it into Switch.

But I guess thats getting greedy. Replaying the parts of the game I've been through already in 2D will be pretty nifty so I dont mind too much I guess.

OP
OP
mazi

mazi

Oct 27, 2017
Only thing that could make this version more insanely awesome is if they patched over the save transfer code feature thing to the PS4 version and let me put it into Switch.
that would probably be an easy patch to do since it's already in the japanese PS4 version, but it'd just make some people more angry, i don't think they'll do it.

Last edited: