• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad I waited. But I was mostly hoping for an ending with one of the characters and it looks like that's happening. That's reason enough to get the NS version. I feel bad for all of the PS4/PC folks, though. Though, it should have been at least considered back then that they would do something big for the NS version since it was so late. I didn't think they'd go all out like this, however. September is going to kill my wallet....

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
yeah, when you boot up the system for the first time, the first thing you do is select language. there's virtually no difference between switch consoles bought in japan or US.

Thanks. I'm not sure I can chuck up the cash to import one (I already own an old switch on 2.3 for emulation and a newer switch for everything else) but man do I want that.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody bringing up the gay marriage options is disappointing, especially in relation to this series specifically.

Im so tempted to play this now but i hate the luminary's hair so goddamn much

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
  • The gameplay styles of both the PlayStation 4 and 3DS versions in one.
  • Spell of Restoration scenario selection.
  • Newly added party member dialogue.
  • Fully-voiced events.
  • Voice support for all party member dialogue.
  • Switch between voice languages (Gorgeous Edition-only).
  • Option to turn on / off sounds from the protagonist (exhaling, etc.)
  • Voice Drama.
  • The timing at which you can visit Yocchi Village has changed.
  • The placement of Yocchi that possess passwords.
  • New "Appearance-Changing Equipment" added.
  • Madame Cherie.
  • Implemented horse racing remedial actions.
  • Furigana display.
  • Ability to skip cutscenes the first time around.
  • Camera improvements.
  • Photo Mode added.
  • Increased variation of ridable monsters.
  • Ability to attack ridable monsters on the field to earn experience points.
  • Switches to dedicated background music when riding a great sabrecat.
  • Party members follow you on the field.
  • Dash movement.
  • Ability to call horse at all times.
  • Obtain experience from blowing away monsters on the horse.
  • Shiny spots stand out more.
  • Immediately obtain materials upon examining gathering points.
  • Bowgun gameplay revised.
  • Added church Yocchi before the Lord of Shadows Mordegon.
  • Adjusted the placement of guest NPCs when camping.
  • Increased the tempo of party dialogue.
  • Added party member speech bubbles in battle.
  • In battle, party members move on their own according to the situation.
  • Adjusted battle speed.
  • Added ability to switch between free movement and auto camera mid-battle.
  • "Skill Reset" available from the beginning of the game.
  • "Learn Multiple Skills" available from the beginning of the game.
  • Forging can now be done anytime, anywhere.
  • Reverse lookup and purchase materials required for forging.
  • Made it easier to understand which items can be created with forging.
  • Display 2D-only monsters in the 3D bestiary.
  • Navigate the UI with the joystick.
  • Added shortcut menu.
  • Added guide for opening the map.
  • Added effective weapon type icons to the skill panel.
  • Display defeated monsters list in the map menu.
  • Display rarefied monsters on the defeated monsters list.
  • Display status ailments when switching out party members.
  • Improved the display of walking recovery effects.
  • Appearance-changing equipment is properly labeled.
  • Purchased materials automatically go into the item bag.
  • Revised soldier events in the Heliodor Sewers.
  • Partial improvements to 2D graphics.
  • Partial improvements to 2D event scenes.
  • Adjusted the 2D map at the start of the game.
  • Added "Smell" to replace Noah's Archive.
  • Added ability to click through the message window as the level up melody is playing.
  • Partial quest adjustments.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
It's been said many times at this point, but still, wow, it really sounds like they are adding a lot.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone explain to me what "Spell of Restoration" actually is? Or did I miss it somewhere?
when the game launched in japan on 3DS and PS4, there was a system called "spell of restoration", which gave you the ability to partially transfer your game progress and character levels between versions. so you could for example play half the game on 3DS and then continue on PS4. the game just generates a pass code that you put in the other version, and then your progress is transferred. since the 3DS version didn't launch in the west, there wasn't any point in bringing that system to PS4. they're saying switch version in japan will also support that system so people can continue their 3DS or PS4 playthroughs on switch.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What SE did with this edition is crazy. Definitely one of the best I ever saw in gaming for quantity of content added.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why should this be available to PS4 owners.

SE wanted to create a definitive edition for another platform. I have no issues since it's nearly 3 years later.

You think it's fair that PS4 owners don't get that massive list of changes? Who cares if it's on a different system, I didn't pay full price for what's essentially a now out of date version of that game. Fair enough if PS4 owners get this stuff later, but SE have given no reason for us to believe that.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Haven't played DQ11, but this seems to be a pretty shitty way of treating PS4/PC players.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
You think it's fair that PS4 owners don't get that massive list of changes? Who cares if it's on a different system, I didn't pay full price for what's essentially a now out of date version of that game. Fair enough if PS4 owners get this stuff later, but SE have given no reason for us to believe that.

You paid full price for a very good and complete game that arrived almost 3 years earlier than the Switch version.

I have it on PC and have no regrets. Calling it bullshit is in fact, bullshit.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like a big improvement over the PS4 version. Glad I stopped playing mine and sold it off once I heard this was coming.

Deleted member 34881

Banned
Nov 30, 2017
I bought this on pc too, but Ill buy it on the switch. A lot of Qol updates and all the extra stuff seems worth it.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You paid full price for a very good and complete game that arrived almost 3 years earlier than the Switch version.

I have it on PC and have no regrets. Calling it bullshit is in fact, bullshit.

Wow. I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. There's enough changes here to warrant it being a new game. To think that PS4 owners don't deserve this just because they got it first frankly makes you as scummy as SE for doing it. No wonder they thought they could get away with this.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
games get better versions all the time, it's one thing if the original version is incomplete or messy, but the game in its original form is still one of the best and biggest jrpgs ever, a long and feature rich game with a lot of effort put in. all these new features are just their way of justifying a full price port coming 2 years after the game launched on ps4 and 3ds in japan.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Wow. I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. There's enough changes here to warrant it being a new game. To think that PS4 owners don't deserve this just because they got it first frankly makes you as scummy as SE for doing it. No wonder they thought they could get away with this.

Get away with what? Listen to yourself man. You sound ridiculous. You've now resorted to calling people scummy for thinking there isn't an issue with it? That's absolutely ridiculous.

They decided to put out an enhanced version of the game almost 3 years later for the Switch. I literally see no issue with it.

You are acting like they did something atrocious. PS4/PC owners got plenty of time to play an excellently rated game. Get over it.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fine, guess I'm in the minority on this one. Guess I'll go play my AMAZING version of DQ11 with a truck load of features missing. Thanks SE.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
You're acting like it's a defective game. I had tons of fun with DQ11.

I basically got a platinum in the PS4 version and I'm fine with the improvements since it is a late port.

If both were released at the same time and the Switch version has the extra only, I'd see your point.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Fine, guess I'm in the minority on this one. Guess I'll go play my AMAZING version of DQ11 with a truck load of features missing. Thanks SE.

You're not. It angers me too. And it hasn't been three bloody years. Two for the Japanese version and just one for the localized.

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it can't be missing features that were created AFTER the game was released. at the time it released, it was the best possible version. it even got a bunch of improvements over the japanese version when it was localized. what you're saying is you're entitled to the improvements and additions that were made after the game came out. it sure would be nice to get them, but not adding them to other versions doesn't make SE scummy.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Come on people leave the bullshit lowkey console warring at the door. It's def not great for consumers to not be able to upgrade/buy this new version on their preferred platform. To not have feature parity like how Zodiac Age doesn't with PC/PS4 is just plain stupid. I hated this shit when it happened to Tales games(Wii/Xbox to PS3) I still hate it now.

I say this especially as a JP player even lacking voices of any form when I played this is especially sucky.
At the same time DQ11 was indeed a full experience and I don't think anybody got cheated when they bought it.
Square's practices sucking on this front does not equal the game deceiving you out of your money.
The new content seems to justify a price. But I really see no reason why it can't be made available to everyone (be it a 20 dollar update or rerelease) even if Switch owners get it first.

Personally I'll buy this one on the switch again cause I'm stupid and like this game too much but it def doesn't feel good.

Deluxury

Dec 3, 2018
Can you use a Japanese switch in the US? Man I'm drooling over the SE switch.

If you are interested in the game too, beware though. I just visited the DQXI entry in US eshop and it's stated only English is supported, which means US and Japan version are separate entries. Which means the physical copy that comes with the console will likely be Japanese text only.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it can't be missing features that were created AFTER the game was released. at the time it released, it was the best possible version. it even got a bunch of improvements over the japanese version when it was localized. what you're saying is you're entitled to the improvements and additions that were made after the game came out. it sure would be nice to get them, but not adding them to other versions doesn't make SE scummy.

It's not the time it was released though. It's years after that and now my copy of DQ11 is inferior. It doesn't make me entitled to the additions but jesus christ i should at least be considered to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.