• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017

Was shown off in Square Enix's Dragon Quest XI panel.

There will be a surprise regarding the title coming January 1st.

One of the new additions for the Switch version is the option to marry other characters in the ending.

Last edited:

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Looks... pretty good? I think there were some muddy background textures (haven't played XI yet), but you'll hardly notice them in handheld mode unless handheld is downgraded much more.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They added Japanese voice acting or is that just for the trailer?

PurgeVIII

Self-requested ban
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
United States
Cool also seems like it has the elusive orchestrated soundtrack as well. But honestly, it's a too little too late situation for me. By the time this comes out in the states I'll have played the ps4 version prob at least year before lol

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
If that's actually Switch footage then it looks great. It looks a lot sharper than games like Breath of the Wild.

Oct 26, 2017
The game is going to look like the PS4 version but blurry going by other PS4 to Switch ports but it's impossible to tell how blurry since those were all cutscenes and the quality of capture may not be great.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
One of the only games I'll double dip for, but who knows when it'll come out here. Even the Japanese version didn't get an exact release date.

Cool also seems like it has the elusive orchestrated soundtrack as well. But honestly, it's a too little too late situation for me. By the time this comes out in the states I'll have played the ps4 version prob at least year before lol

The title track was orchestrated in the original version too, but one can dream.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
They added it with the Switch version.
That's cool. I wonder if it'll make its way over to the versions already released in the west

I've been eyeing the PC version since it released... If they added voice acting and the orchestrated compositions, I'm glad I waited for this version. The good clean artstyle makes the graphics scale really well.
You're not getting the orchestrated music on anything but a modded PC copy

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That looks very close to the PS4 version. The only differences I noticed were lower polygon character modelling and a bit duller lighting.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been eyeing the PC version since it released... If they added voice acting and the orchestrated compositions, I'm glad I waited for this version. The good clean artstyle makes the graphics scale really well.
The english version has always had voice acting, and I'm skeptical that Sugiyama would allow the orchestrated score in the game

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
PS4:

aTNzZ4O.jpg

source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmjSoL5y4YA

Switch:

As2wKFh.jpg

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
are these features exclusive to switch or do us suckers who bought the PS4 version get the japanese VA options lol

The features are meant to be making up for the game being two years later so I imagine they'll be exclusive but who knows...

Wait for the inevitable PS5 version when they're desperate to make DQXI the best selling DQ ever.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Hope this gets announced at the January direct with Nintendo publishing. Trailer looks good.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure people will somehow take the Japanese VA from the Switch version and mod it into the PC one

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The features are meant to be making up for the game being two years later so I imagine they'll be exclusive but who knows...

Wait for the inevitable PS5 version when they're desperate to make DQXI the best selling DQ ever.

i dunno if an exclusive japanese dub option segmented away from the customers who bought the game on PS4(and just now in the US) is the best way to make a lag time up to anyone when they should have been day and date with each other in the first place :P

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they opted to reduce the texture and model quality of the world in order to mostly maintain the character models and textures. That's the right call imo, the character and enemy models are some of the best things in DQ11 graphically.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the trailer i dont see anything downgraded enough to deter any casual on-looker

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that's a disappointment, as someone who has the PC version...

What are the exclusive features?

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
i dunno if an exclusive japanese dub option segmented away from the customers who bought the game on PS4(and just now in the US) is the best way to make a lag time up to anyone when they should have been day and date with each other in the first place :P

Will you still care about it in 2020?

Because that's probably when it's coming west.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If that's actually Switch footage then it looks great. It looks a lot sharper than games like Breath of the Wild.
funny thing is this is almost certainly running at a max of 720p considering DQ11 on PS4 is 900p, which is lower than BotW, they just seem to have done a really really good job cleaning up the IQ at 720p.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Considering this is the first trailer we've had of the switch version, I'd say we have to wait for more features to reveal themselves. Currently the only exclusive feature is full Japanese VO.

Yeah, that's meaningless to me, unfortunately.

This is also just an average DQ to me too (I hate how many assets are re-used in the game's 2nd half), so it's going to take something really special for me to get on board.

Linde

Banned
Sep 2, 2018
Day 1 for me. Never played it yet and have been waiting 1000 something days for this

Oct 25, 2017