• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SxP

Oct 27, 2017
Orchestral music is just such an insane middle finger to everyone who bought the game on other platforms.

FBGMM2

Sep 15, 2018
Cancun MX
Glad more people can play this awesome game, do my part already with my Ps4 version and collector edition version of the game.

Enjoy!

Stock

Oct 25, 2017
Luxembourg

Tweet says only the field and battle music is orchestrated?
I assume the game has more music than this.

That's weird to limit the orchestra music to only the field and battle portions. Has there been any elaboration from SE on this seemingly restrictive music decision? If not, I guess the PC version with the music mod is still the best way to experience DQXI.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Definitely goofed by getting the PS4 version if they don't put orchestral music into that one.

Ze_Shoopuf

Jun 12, 2018
i'm so mad i didn't get to play thru DQ11 with proper orchestral music!

well i'm not re-buying or re-playing it just for that.

shame on you Square.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Typical DQ port, with new content. But the music is indeed a middle finger to everyone bought the game earlier. They really should patch that in.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
That's weird to limit the orchestra music to only the field and battle portions. Has there been any elaboration from SE on this seemingly restrictive music decision? If not, I guess the PC version with the music mod is still the best way to experience DQXI.

Composer holds the rights to music and does not like to having orchestra versions if his music in games.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
Dang, kinda want this just for the new stuff, but 80+ hours for the plat means I won't have that thirst again for a few years.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Nintendo saving Dragon Quest in the West again.
Wonder if there'll be a different CE.

Byvar

Oct 26, 2017
I feel cheated for trying to support this game's release in the West less than half a year ago, only to see the announcement for a definitive edition with more story and orchestral music now. I haven't even had time to play it yet.
I really hope they'll at least add the orchestral music to the PS4 (and PC) version of the game, because otherwise that's just rude of them toward their fans.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Glad I dragged my feet playing my PS4 copy. Never intended to buy the switch port, but with the 2D mode and better score...I'm in.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Yep I'm so getting this, I was mad the West never got the 3DS version so I have to buy this one.
Confirmed JP and English dub make this even more a must get.

Holundrian

Oct 25, 2017
Hope every obnoxious baby crying about this not releasing at the same time as the ps4 version can now shut up.

MrT-Tar

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I'm glad DQ11 was one of the games that I held off on last year. Going to get the definitive edition instead

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
Yesssssss! Glad I waited, this is perfect. I was already 100% sold on this game, now I'm 200% sold on it.

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why mad? The game was awesome I enjoyed every minute of it on PS4. I can easily afford to double dip so I'm not mad nor do I have regrets. There's too much fanboy/console warrior crap in this thread.
It's bullshit if the pc and ps4 versions don't get the orchestral music. It's a pretty bad thing to withhold from those versions.

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
I'm only mad at the new story stuff,i want it too!
The 2D mode is neat but no big deal for me.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
The 2D mode being included makes it a lock that I'm going to get the Switch version over the PS4 one.

I need that shit.

Oct 31, 2017
Waiting is always paying off.

They fucking nailed it, the only thing missing is the 3D (3DS) version and I guess the Sreetpass thingy.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah this sounds like a much better version than the PS4 game. Will sell that version which I never really got round to and play it here instead.

DXB-KNIGHT

Oct 27, 2017
good-things-come-to-those-who-wait-8.jpg

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nintendo added definitive edition to really twist the knife.

They're adding a lot more than I expected and I thought this would be a 2020 game in the west.

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, the game looked a lot rougher than the early screens made it seem to me. On the other, it's more dq 11 with more story. I'm probably in?

especially if I can waifu Jade

RockyMin

Oct 27, 2017
It's bullshit if the pc and ps4 versions don't get the orchestral music. It's a pretty bad thing to withhold from those versions.

Honestly, the music didn't bother me at all. I was so into the game I didn't notice anything bad about the music. But I can see why it does bother other people.