• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Goku and Vegeta are too popular to move beyond and still be Dragon Ball... they tried multiple times and failed.

That said, I could see ToP being the end of Super. Maybe the grand priest destroys the Super Dragon Balls after Vegeta gets his wish. Or maybe the Xeno twins get killed and the Super Dragon Balls go with them? Lots of really good ways to end the series and setup a sequel with a semi-cliffhanger.

I don't think a break is a bad thing, and I don't expect a GT to Super long break in between. Not with a new movie going to be out in the mean time.

I'd be okay with Gohan retiring... ToP being his last hoorah before redoubling his efforts to be a family man is okay to me. Fighting was never supposed to be his destiny. Do a time skip and put Pan in. Now that Pan has some full Saiyan girls to mentor behind, it could lead to a great dynamic.

TaterTots

Oct 27, 2017
Nothing wrong with a break. Seems like its not over and simply a break. 3 years straight is a long time.

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to see Gohan doing hero shenanigans on Earth while still looking buff.
Never bring back that horrid green jumpsuit.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
With the movie coming up, I can live with a hiatus. I'm sure that Dragon Ball will return come 2019.

To be honest, I wouldn't be opposed to a 24-episode seasonal run for whenever Dragon Ball comes back. Maybe get a SimulDub deal going with Funimation like what Bones has for My Hero Academia. Plus, assuming that the DBS manga continues past the Tournament of Power, Toei will have manga material to go off of for when they get back to TV Dragon Ball.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to see Gohan doing hero shenanigans on Earth while still looking buff.
Never bring back that horrid green jumpsuit.
I honestly didn't have a problem with this. It made sense. Dude hasn't been doing anything but work for a long time. He retired his Gis and his non-athletic self mirrored what would be the model for U6 Saiyans which were a purely peaceful people. That said, I'm also not against him getting back into shape and participating in the ToP, even if Saiyan body building seems to only take a few weeks.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If by do-over you mean bringing back SSJ4, in good

SSJ4 is definitely not needed. I just want to see the kid characters grown up a bit.

And maybe they could rethink the direction of Bra's (Bulla) character. Make her a fighter and have her take after her Dad. Make her all arrogant and cocky like Vegeta is.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
SSJ4 is definitely not needed. I just want to see the kid characters grown up a bit.

And maybe they could rethink the direction of Bra's (Bulla) character. Make her a fighter and have her take after her Dad. Make her all arrogant and cocky like Vegeta is.
Eh nah. I think Bra needs to be more like her mother and have a scientist role. Would make it easy to retire Bulma with Hiromu Tsuru passing away. Just replace her with her daughter and get a new VA. And yeah I also want to see Pan become the protagonist as well. Of course that's my dream Dragon Ball series but I doubt that's going to happen because Toriyama, Toyotaro, and TOEI all agree on Goku being the focus, lol

ClubNorth

Banned for having an alt account
Jan 17, 2018
DragonBall Fighterz is going to give this brand an unprecedented boost

the series is not ending

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
TOYOTARO BASED GOD

FUCK YOU NAMEKS BRUH

YOUNG BASED TOYO CAME STRAIGHT FOR TOEI'S BITCHES

BROLY LAY EM ON THE FLOOR LIKE A MATTRESS

872TzZf.gif

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Goodbye, sweet prince. Those who hated Super got their wish, the rest of us shall hang our heads in shame.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
My family's been used to watching this weekly, so the hiatus is gonna suck. But if they come back to a post-End of Z series with improved average animation quality and focus on training the next generation, I'll be happy.

zulux21

Oct 25, 2017
I've never seen an episode of Dragon Ball Z in my life. Would this be a place to start?
If you want more of a gag show and to get to know all the characters start at episode 1 of dragon ball.

if you don't mind not having the full back story of characters, and want to focus more of fights start with episode 1 of dragonball z.

though... if you watch Z you might as well just watch Dragon ball Kai as that is Z just with most of the filler removed.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Start at episode 1 of the original Dragonball. Be warned Dragonball is an adventure/comedy series, it doesn't become action oriented until the tail-end of it.

Real Hero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you want more of a gag show and to get to know all the characters start at episode 1 of dragon ball.

if you don't mind not having the full back story of characters, and want to focus more of fights start with episode 1 of dragonball z.

though... if you watch Z you might as well just watch Dragon ball Kai as that is Z just with most of the filler removed.
dB has plenty of fights

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Has a new sequel series ever been announced 3 months before its conclusion? For context, when was GT announced in correlation to the Buu Saga?

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Has a new sequel series ever been announced 3 months before its conclusion? For context, when was GT announced in correlation to the Buu Saga?

GT started immediately after DBZ ended in Japan. Like only a week or two after.

The hiatus here seems to be at least a year. Wouldn't expect a new series till 2019.

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Super bombed because it didn't focus on Gohan, Trunks, Goten and didn't move to EOZ with additional focus on Pan and Uub.

Goku/Vegeta need to be retired to the bahamas.
Ummm no. I'm inspirational while my son is a lazy naturally gifted mother effer. I've worked from barely being able to move a big rock to being able to shatter the universe with a punch

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Ummm no. I'm inspirational while my son is a lazy naturally gifted mother effer. I've worked from barely being able to move a big rock to being able to shatter the universe with a punch

Son Goku, you need to be like you were in the Buu arc and stay on the sidelines and let the new younger generation of kids become the heroes. You're like 50 years old now, it is time to retire to the bahamas!

Son Goku

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Son Goku, you need to be like you were in the Buu arc and stay on the sidelines and let the new younger generation of kids become the heroes. You're like 50 years old now, it is time to retire to the bahamas!
we stay physically in our prime until we're around 80 so I'll be fine. Besides when I tried doing that and letting Buu live those fuckers all got eaten! Gohan would rather be a nerd and those kids are as idiotic in combat as I am in every other aspect of life.