• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I'm not sorry :3

P3FhHlp.jpg

pochi

Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with it. We have a movie coming, Manga still ongoing and also the dub is finally on Future Trunks arc.
I'm ready for 2019.
Ea2My9t.png

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My hope would be a year and a half+ break so the English dub catches up, and when it comes back we get simulcasts. Some of y'all will kill me for this but I miss the english cast. I'm cool sticking with japanese if they come back quickly though.

Acerac

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does the ToP actually get good?? Like, the Frieza episode was amazing and then it just went downhill into straight anime fanfic tripe from there. I could only make it halfway through to the Kale/Ultra Instinct nonsense. Does it actually get better after that or is the Super series just not for me?
It gets a bit more fun when all the jobber universes go down.

What a wasted idea. It hurts that much more because of how cool it could have been.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
My hope would be a year and a half+ break so the English dub catches up, and when it comes back we get simulcasts. Some of y'all will kill me for this but I miss the english cast. I'm cool sticking with japanese if they come back quickly though.
I'd also switch to english in a hearbeat just so I never have to hear ATATATATATATA again

Kodama4

Oct 25, 2017
I blame all the Gohan and Vegeta unbelievers. There lack of faith in Saiyan Pride has caused this..now they must wallow in there sins

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
The Kale/Caulifla episodes were the low point of the ToP arc so far. Actually, anything involving Ribrianne might be worse.

Ultra Instinct was dope though, so I`m gonna have to disagree there. ToP hasn`t been the most interesting story-wise but the fights, animation, and use of secondary characters has been top notch.

OP
OP
Shard Shinjuku
Oct 25, 2017
Tampa

Summing up: A) Super's current timeslot will definitely be taken by another show after March B) At least one staff member says Super's ending then C) Fuji TV apparently said this won't be the end for DB on TV, but future plans don't seem set in stone D) No word about the manga.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

Why do all my shows have to have wack-ass schedules? We either get stupidly long hiatuses, are Netflix-style "the entire season is released in 1 day," or have the damn Bomb Format. Dragon Ball Super was the one reliable show I had on my plate. Hopefully it's not a long wait, & that when it comes back, they do a shit ton of pre-production so we consistently get well-animated episodes with minimal filler.

But, like... The movie comes out in December, right? I know I should be easy to tough this out as a huge Venture Bros. fan, but, like... Every show I watch has hiatuses that long these days now, & it'll remain that way until JoJo's Part 5 drops.

And Pan. And Bra. And Uub. Those should be the main characters. Put Goku and Vegeta to rest. Let em replace Beerus and Champa. Or something else. Just put them away for awhile. Make their return anticipated for a year or more. Bring the scale of the series back to a more grounded level, instead of Godlike levels.

I'm totally down for this idea. Hell, throw in Yurin & Marron, too!

Also give Tien more to do dammit!

Where are the other Tenshinhan fans in the Super thread?!

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many folks will watch Kitaro.

Fuck, I don't even know if Kitaro was ever released in NA. (Anime. I have the mangas.)

Deleted member 19761

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah OK lol I guess maybe I should've been able to deduce "End of Z" haha...Thanks for the responses guys.

I'm fine with the show stopping for now. Let the dub catch up and give the writers time for creativity.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Toriyama's well seemed to run dry with Beerus/Gods of Destruction/The Angels. Everything since has all been rehashes and fan service. Hopefully a break brings us another Battle of Gods like idea.

Blader

Oct 27, 2017
If both the tournament and the show are ending in 8 episodes, then that doesn't really give room for any kind of epilogue at the end of it. :\

TCKaos

Oct 26, 2017
The series is probably ending due to low ratings and a poor production schedule.
It's actually rating fairly well fairly consistently, and it's outperforming One Piece for Toei as far as sales figures go. It's also Namco Bandai's most popular property, going so far as to beat out Mobile Suit Gundam last year.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
It's actually rating fairly well fairly consistently, and it's outperforming One Piece for Toei as far as sales figures go. It's also Namco Bandai's most popular property, going so far as to beat out Mobile Suit Gundam last year.

Ratings in 2017 were much lower than 2015-2016. Super averaged ratings in the 4-5.0's for most of 2017. If you look at the ratings from the first two years they were much higher. The show was on a steady decline viewership wise in less than 2 years.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
Ratings in 2017 were much lower than 2015-2016. Super averaged ratings in the 4-5.0's for most of 2017. If you look at the ratings from the first two years they were much higher. The show was on a steady decline viewership wise in less than 2 years.
They care more about the toy sales though

Dec 31, 2017
It's actually pretty wild that we had such a long run of DB airing weekly; most of the american fandom never had this chance before. Hopefully it continues the story next year, much is still left to be explored.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Very sad. Kinda surreal to think I was watching a new DB series as it was airing in Japan (whereas DBZ was already old and GT had finished when DBZ premiered on Toonami in 98), I liked Super a lot... Although the filler and long drawn out events bothered me more so than watching DBZ filler. Week long waits for episodes is more painful then tuning in to CN the next afternoon.

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm legit sad

They wasted so much time doing the movies again

And Boruto is so far behind the manga as well

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
maybe the hiatus will make people stop making drive by "huehue super sux" posts in every Dragon Ball thread
I mean I love all of DB a lot more then I should but Super has been pretty underwhelming overall. The most interesting arc was the Future Trunks arc which they really botched with a lame villain reveal (fuck Zemasu or whatever his name was) and an ending that just... I mean my freaking god shows that are canceled mid season have better finales then that freaking arc did. They could've at least kept Trunks around in Super and fans would've been just fine with it and he could've been a better fighter then stupid as Tien or Roshi.

Also the ToP arc has been really bad, the animation has been just dreadful except for a few key episodes and has been stretched along far longer then it ever should have and now I doubt they can even deliver on the final battle well and wrap everything up in the time they've got left. Also as much as I enjoyed Frieza coming back for like... an episode or two hes basically done absolutely nothing the entire time.

Oct 24, 2017
I mean I love all of DB a lot more then I should but Super has been pretty underwhelming overall. The most interesting arc was the Future Trunks arc which they really botched with a lame villain reveal (fuck Zemasu or whatever his name was) and an ending that just... I mean my freaking god shows that are canceled mid season have better finales then that freaking arc did. They could've at least kept Trunks around in Super and fans would've been just fine with it and he could've been a better fighter then stupid as Tien or Roshi.

Also the ToP arc has been really bad, the animation has been just dreadful except for a few key episodes and has been stretched along far longer then it ever should have and now I doubt they can even deliver on the final battle well and wrap everything up in the time they've got left. Also as much as I enjoyed Frieza coming back for like... an episode or two hes basically done absolutely nothing the entire time.
there's a difference between criticism and "LoL Super bad"

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
The episode from two weeks back, when Universes 7 and 11 begin their final showdown, has the best art and animation in the entire Super series. Quite possibly near the top when compared to Z's highs as well.
There are some episodes in Super that are above the Future Trunks introduction episode from Z for me. Some of the animation recently has been top notch (and just as jarring when jumping back to the standard meh quality).