• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Can a mod fix the title ?

It's not a "haitus", it's ended / cancelled.

The next thing for DB is the movie about saiyan origins. After that, they might decide to bring the show back, create a new show, make OAVs, or just go on with movies. Nothing is decided yet. But it's not a hiatus. It's officially over until stated o therwise.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey maybe I will finally watch it now. Suffering through DB in a weekly format is the worst.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017

The next thing for DB is the movie about saiyan origins. After that, they might decide to bring the show back, create a new show, make OAVs, or just go on with movies. Nothing is decided yet. But it's not a hiatus. It's officially over until stated o therwise.
Super is over but the article says that Dragon Ball on TV isn't, hence the hiatus comments.

zeioIIDX

Banned
Nov 25, 2017
As many Super episodes that have been aired already, I still crave more. This news sucks :( The series still feels like it's building up to something so I really hope March doesn't leave us with a massive cliffhanger or some blue balls type of ending. I mean, Vegeta still needs to saddle up with his boy Cabba on his home turf, right?

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Seriously, why would anyone want to back to GT after witnessing what an awesome bro (in law) 17 is in Super?

Fits his character way more than just randomly doing a heel turn where he kills Krillin and tries to kill 18, then permanently dies and is never mentioned again. Dude has a family for crying out loud.

GT did every single person who wasn't Goku dirty.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Seriously, why would anyone want to back to GT after witnessing what an awesome bro (in law) 17 is in Super?

Fits his character way more than just randomly doing a heel turn where he kills Krillin and tries to kill 18, then permanently dies and is never mentioned again. Dude has a family for crying out loud.

GT did every single person who wasn't Goku dirty.

It did Goku dirty, they turned him into a kid and fiddled with his ass

Alice

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So I'm on Episode 80 right now. Given that the show only has eight episodes left to its runtime... is there *any* chance at having a satisfying ending?

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
So I'm on Episode 80 right now. Given that the show only has eight episodes left to its runtime... is there *any* chance at having a satisfying ending?

Yeah, the ending would show all the universes merging into one and a llittle epilogue with the characters, and hey maybe even a little tease

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Just out of interest where is the dub currently at.

I can't watch it as it's not in the UK so I have to download it. The dub I can find just goes to the end of the movies

IHaveIce

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not really. Let us say the tourney ends in 4 or 3 episodes, then there would be only 3/4 episodes left for the wish, teasing the other universes that were exempt from the tourney and mayve a timejump to eoz or idk... which would piss me off

Deleted member 3888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't bother me, I enjoy DBS and watch it every week but I feel like it's a good thing if they can take a break and plan a better arc if there's ever going to be one, actually excited to see how they "end" it.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The dream isn't dead

The entire Dragon Ball Series should end with el grande padre killing goku, vegeta AND picollo.This will lead to a Gohan filled with rage showing slight changes of the color of his hair to white. And scared Grande Padre should scream "El chico esta cambiando" all of this with Roundabout playing on the background

After that Toriyama will appear thanking everyone for the ride, and saying that he ended the series in a cliffhanger so people could finish it with whatever fanfic they want.

And it will be waaaaaay better than GT

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Thats whats i was wondering, so it is really gone for good...

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Super will end with Gohan turning blanco.
Dragon Ball Blanco

The entire Dragon Ball Series should end with el grande padre killing goku, vegeta AND picollo.This will lead to a Gohan filled with rage showing slight changes of the color of his hair to white. And scared Grande Padre should scream "El chico esta cambiando" all of this with Roundabout playing on the background

After that Toriyama will appear thanking everyone for the ride, and saying that he ended the series in a cliffhanger so people could finish it with whatever fanfic they want.

And it will be waaaaaay better than GT
lmao, I would looooove this. I assume Toriyama steps in during the freeze frame that happens as soon as Roundabout begins in earnest?

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Thats whats i was wondering, so it is really gone for good...
No it isn't. The article it's from says that Dragon Ball on TV isn't finished, just that there isn't any announcements for it yet. Super itself may be done but the article states that there will be more Dragonball TV series in the future.

FSP

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom

The arc was always planned to end when it's going on hiatus, so yes, it'll have an ending. If it's a GOOD ending... ask Toei.

My suspicion is not that dissimilar to others (Goku or Jiren winning, the Super Dragon Balls not being strong enough to restore erased universes or the two brats saying "no we'll just erase them again" and the compromise being bringing everyone who got erased to U7, thus fixing the whole "there is nothing interesting in U7" problem that Super has had to struggle with.)

Then we can hope for the next arcs being very much about wandering around this crazy universe with all these different forces acting in it.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
My own speculation is that Toriyama himself might've ran out of story ideas. I remember hearing a rumor a while back that he almost dropped the series before TOEi intervened and helped him with the Goku Black arc. Toyotaro also helped him a lot in the Tournament of Power arc in character design as well. The Yamoshi story could very well be Toriyama's final story he has left and if I had a good guess Toyotaro will end up helping him there as well.

Also noted as well: In the new Kitaro series, Nozawa isn't voicing Kitaro himself but rather his mentor. I find this interesting cause it's possible TOEI will do something similar with Dragon Ball and perhaps replace Goku while giving Nozawa to a temporary mentor character. Could Nozawa voice Yamoshi? Or will TOEI retire Goku for good? I doubt the later to be honest, especially if Toyotaro has any say in the matter.

How would you guys feel if the next anime/manga series is completely Toyotaro written with Toriyama supervising?

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
With Dokkan,Xenoverse and FighterZ maybe Toei/Bamco thinks anime is not needed anymore.

They will release cheap ass movies to add new shit and that's it.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The arc was always planned to end when it's going on hiatus, so yes, it'll have an ending. If it's a GOOD ending... ask Toei.

My suspicion is not that dissimilar to others (Goku or Jiren winning, the Super Dragon Balls not being strong enough to restore erased universes or the two brats saying "no we'll just erase them again" and the compromise being bringing everyone who got erased to U7, thus fixing the whole "there is nothing interesting in U7" problem that Super has had to struggle with.)

Then we can hope for the next arcs being very much about wandering around this crazy universe with all these different forces acting in it.

Considering how little episodes are left I'm actually kinda expecting the whole tournament to be in vain now. That whoever wins, perhaps everything will be erased. At least unless some info comes out that the movie plans to carry forward anything that happened in Super .

Vault

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
The Movie looks like a nailed on flop, just a terrible idea for a Dragonball film

Real Hero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As many Super episodes that have been aired already, I still crave more. This news sucks :( The series still feels like it's building up to something so I really hope March doesn't leave us with a massive cliffhanger or some blue balls type of ending. I mean, Vegeta still needs to saddle up with his boy Cabba on his home turf, right?
That will likely be the set up for the movie

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
People need to stop bringing up ratings as a reason as to why the show is ending. Every show is down YoY in ratings in Japan, by similar amounts as DBS. Boruto is going on just fine and that doesn't even make the charts week-by-week.
For shows like DBS, ultimately the TV rating mean very little, as the majority of their earnings come from overseas licensing and merchandising. I mean, look at how well the 2 recap arc Blu-rays sold for Funi (QUITE WELL) and how well the Xenoverse games have performed and how FighterZ is looking to outperform them.

Edit: Also, the movie is a prequel to the entire series that is about the very first Super Saiyan God Yamoshi(?). It'll be an all new cast of Saiyans so I sincerely doubt there will be any setting up for the movie.

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
A movie without Goku, so unless its about Goku's ancient ancestor who looks just like him i cant see it doing well.
?? Nothing announced about the movie says Goku isn't in it. You can still have a movie about the history of the Saiyans without it taking place in the past. In fact Toriyama's comments about Yamoshi suggests it'll probably take place in the present day.

Iso

Oct 25, 2017
?? Nothing announced about the movie says Goku isn't in it. You can still have a movie about the history of the Saiyans without it taking place in the past. In fact Toriyama's comments about Yamoshi suggests it'll probably take place in the present day.
Idk. I thought it was pretty clear it would be a prequel with nothing to do with the main cast but I guess we'll see when more details are announced.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
In the final episode it'll be revealed that the universe is not really erased, but simply reset and start over. New series will be Dragon Ball rerun from the beginning

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
Idk. I thought it was pretty clear it would be a prequel with nothing to do with the main cast but I guess we'll see when more details are announced.
I mean if it was then Yamoshi's spirit roaming around would be left unresolved. It might have flashbacks but it's most likely taking place in the present.