• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure if anyone else has been playing this recently, I got back into it since it was on sale on Xbox.

It's a long shot and I may have to check on reddit but I figured I'd ask here first if anyone has a spare Delta Guard on Xbox One that they'd be willing to send my way.
I don't think you can trade that stuff, can you?
Someone could give you a BB Armour Level 2 (I'm on PS4 sorry!), but it'd be random as to what is in it, you'd need to keep resetting with Godsbane in order to get what you're looking for, and you'll need to head over to Olra at BBI to purify it.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Went through the main campaign on Hard Mode and loaded a NG+ to get through the Dark Arisen DLC.

I was doing relatively well, but hit a bit of a wall with that one boss that's a skeleton priest that summons a zombie dragon.

Even with a level 75 group, my attacks do little damage against the priest. Is there a particular weakness I need to exploit or do I need to be a much higher level?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Went through the main campaign on Hard Mode and loaded a NG+ to get through the Dark Arisen DLC.

I was doing relatively well, but hit a bit of a wall with that one boss that's a skeleton priest that summons a zombie dragon.

Even with a level 75 group, my attacks do little damage against the priest. Is there a particular weakness I need to exploit or do I need to be a much higher level?
Are you on Hard BBI on NG+ now? If so, 75 seems a bit low in that case, but it should be doable.
The best way to handle the Dark Bishop and his dragon is to silence the Dark Bishop, kill the dragon, then kill the bishop. The Dark Bishop is weak to Dark, not Holy surprisingly, while the Cursed Dragon is weak to Holy and presumably Fire.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are you on Hard BBI on NG+ now? If so, 75 seems a bit low in that case, but it should be doable.
The best way to handle the Dark Bishop and his dragon is to silence the Dark Bishop, kill the dragon, then kill the bishop. The Dark Bishop is weak to Dark, not Holy surprisingly, while the Cursed Dragon is weak to Holy and presumably Fire.

Yeah, Hard BBI on NG+.

I tried switching to your setup, but still got creamed. I'm done trying to take it on at 75.

What's usually the fastest way to level up at this point? Keep running around BBI or do some of the campaign stuff again?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Hard BBI on NG+.

I tried switching to your setup, but still got creamed. I'm done trying to take it on at 75.

What's usually the fastest way to level up at this point? Keep running around BBI or do some of the campaign stuff again?
My progression was (all on normal):
Complete the game and all sidequests
Play a bit of post game before going straight for the epilogue and into NG+
Complete the game on NG+ along with the important sidequests
Complete all the post game stuff WITHOUT triggering the epilogue stuff with the wakestones NPC
Go to BBI

A NG+ playthrough can be finished in a few hours/a day easily, and it's worth doing that to farm in the post game areas. That stuff gives decent XP, but is much easier than BBI.

Oct 3, 2019
Yeah, Hard BBI on NG+.

If all else fails, stack four conqueror's periapts and spam fivefold/tenfold flurry with blast arrows, it's the best strat for literally everything in the game. Also for leveling up, my preferred method was dropping rotten meat in the first big room with all the locked doors you encounter in Bitterblack to spawn a cursed dragon, go in and out of the door at the bottom unti lthey stop spawning, rinse and repeat.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Im going to bump this thread.

Actually playing this, 45 hours in, just completed almost everything I could before turning the 20 wakestones in the Everfall so I decided to go to BB Island, just reached Corridor of Emptiness and Im still using the dragonforged gear I had in the Grigori fight, is this normal (assassins)? I seem to wreck everything though, only a few are giving me problems so far.

Also, there is something Im not sure about, NG+ and BB Island, does the level of difficulty increases for the Island if i got there in NG+? I know the main game doesnt change much in that regard but Im not sure about the Island

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Im going to bump this thread.

Actually playing this, 45 hours in, just completed almost everything I could before turning the 20 wakestones in the Everfall so I decided to go to BB Island, just reached Corridor of Emptiness and Im still using the dragonforged gear I had in the Grigori fight, is this normal (assassins)? I seem to wreck everything though, only a few are giving me problems so far.

Also, there is something Im not sure about, NG+ and BB Island, does the level of difficulty increases for the Island if i got there in NG+? I know the main game doesnt change much in that regard but Im not sure about the Island
NG+ doesn't affect difficulty in any way or form for any area. BBI has its own increasing difficulty thing after you beat the boss in there for the first time and it is separate from everything outside of BBI.

Prefty

Banned
Jun 4, 2019
NG+ doesn't affect difficulty in any way or form for any area. BBI has its own increasing difficulty thing after you beat the boss in there for the first time and it is separate from everything outside of BBI.

I see, so basically a "second" run of BB Island opens up after you defeat the boss there, am i correct?