Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen for Nintendo Switch |OT| Wolves Hunt On The Go, Arisen!

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for accepting my friend request Oaklight. You're officially the first Pawn on my Friend List of ohhh, about 80 individuals, that's managed to hit max level. I was checking out your Pawn, Sky, and couldn't help but notice that she didn't have a single primary skill or augment equipped! Is that intentional? Bit baffling. I wound up sticking with Saber's level 183 Emilia instead...

I've gone ahead and added my pawn to the google doc now - she's served me well, but nobody's given her a chance yet and I'd really like to rack up some rift crystals so I can buy some of the extra cosmetic bits and pieces and save up ready for BBI, so if someone's feeling generous, it'd be appreciated. She's only level 47 right now, but we've just finished every sidequest possible before the big fight with Grigori so I'd say we're doing pretty well!
Sent ya a friend request, but I'm closing in on 180 at trying to get the last few bits of BBI gear I need before I exit out of the expansion and actually start the true main quest. Yes, I'm doing things backwards. I've yet to meet the duke! And I'm playing on Hard Mode on top of doing the whole BBI thing first! XD

Edit - What I meant to say is that once I'm 200 and have the rest of the BBI gear I need, I'll actually play through the full base campaign and will try to remember to take your Pawn with me through much of it. Even on Hard Mode, a pair of level 200 badasses wearing gold Dragonforged level 3 BBI weapons and armors can roflstomp anything, so I won't mind running with one or two lower level Pawns. Even vastly lower level. Should be fun!

Last edited:

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've gone ahead and added my pawn to the google doc now - she's served me well, but nobody's given her a chance yet and I'd really like to rack up some rift crystals so I can buy some of the extra cosmetic bits and pieces and save up ready for BBI, so if someone's feeling generous, it'd be appreciated. She's only level 47 right now, but we've just finished every sidequest possible before the big fight with Grigori so I'd say we're doing pretty well!
I'll send you a friend request next time I'm playing. I should be able to hire her, I'm close to Lvl 47.

Dragonzdogma

Oct 25, 2017
I've beaten this game countless times beforehand (both vanilla and DA on PS3, and also on PS4), but getting it again on the Switch had managed to breathe new life into it yet again. Playing a game as expansive as DDDA on a handheld is like a dream come true. I'm making my way through the game happily, having just met the duke for the first time, but one thing I've noticed in comparison to the other systems is there's a lack of pawns available online - I'm not sure if this is just due to the game being out for a short amount of time, or if this port just didn't sell too well? Here's hoping the former, because this game deserves to sell as much as possible.

On PS4 , you don't require PS+ to acquire online pawns. Is the switch version the same?

Late popping into this thread, but has the active player base dropped off considerably since launch or is it my imagination? It's to be expected, of course given the age of this game, but it's looking a little rough out there right now.

Picked it up on release date, but didn't have time to play until my birthday in the middle of last month. Put in a few hours here and there when I found the time; finally hit the mid-50's level wise but haven't touched BBI or finished the main quest, but I'm closing in on it soon. One of the biggest reasons I enjoy DD is exploring the world and fighting creatures / gathering materials to upgrade my gear. Completed the game 1000/1000 on Xbox360, had to abandon my PS4 run due to lack of quality playtime but was excited to jump in again on the Switch.

And yet, whenever I journey into the rift to find pick-ups for my squad, a LOT of pawns out there either stop at playtime between 15-25 hours total (many of whom are rolling in Dark Arisen Outfits like Queen's Clothing or Voldoan Armor, all the way up into the 50's) or are complete wrecking machines who hit up BBI first and are sitting comfortably at level 120+, absolutely impossible to rent with the meager pittance of rift crystals dropped from random mobs. Feels like there's almost no in-between, and when I do come across another pawn that fits neither criteria... they've got their inclinations set to Nexus and Pioneer.

Bit of a shame, really. I love this game.

Edit: Added relevant info to the Sheet. Hope that's okay.

Last edited:

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still playing, but slowed down now that I'm splitting my time between this and Destiny 2 (which I took a long hiatus from). I'll be sure to send you a Friend Request this evening!

Man, I've gotta applaud the effort you've put into keeping everything neat and updated! Been tweaking my own pawn here and there to help build her into a better support DD (dragon forging, armor upgrades, etc) but have had zero luck in random rentals so far. If anyone feels like giving her a try, please do, it would be most appreciated. Kept her as a Strider, level 58 at the moment. Next time I'm settling in for an evening of mayhem I'll try to add a few folks who are still active, if that's alright.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I accept any friend requests sent my way. Still doing BBI stuff and making my way to 200 on both my characters. But once that's one and my BBI gear is in a good place, I'll hire out some low level pawns and actually do the main campaign. Skipped it and went straight for BBI, despite the rough difficulty at first!

Alien Manobo

Oct 27, 2017
Played over 100 hours now, currently on NG+ but havent really delved into the main story as im having loads of fun doing BBI rounds. I think I'm about 50ish levels before max? If anyone needs a sorc, just hit me up. SW-2809-8917-2961

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Played this game HARD for the first two weeks it came out (about 60+ hours), finished it then dropped it as soon as I got to the postgame/BBI. Found the game didn't have a good way to on-board me on what I had to do to be well equipped its postgame content. So I got overwhelmed and dropped it.

Any tips on what I should do to ease me into the postgame stuff, notably BBI?

Alien Manobo

Oct 27, 2017
I felt the same way when i reached NG+ playing on hard difficulty this time, took me a long while to adjust to the difficulty, i wasnt dealing enough damage as a magic archer at first. Had to go through the other vocations to get strength/magic augments. Ditched magic archer for now since i couldnt get a decent bb weapon for the class. Mainly played assassin/ranger based on the loot i got from my first daimon kill, and relied on blast arrows a lot.

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really need to get back to this. Haven't played switch at all the past few weeks just due to having other things occupying my time but my arisen is still there waiting to get new skills and loots.

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I k now what you mean. I've just hit Lvl 50, and I'm really playing one day a week at the moment. If you're looking for a Ranger, feel free sounds me up, in on the fact sheet.

There are still some players here still with the game, but it's like most people have just sped on by.

Still like renting their pawns whenever I can. But I'll leave the high end ones for BBI I think.