• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it easy to respec a character in this game or is it going to be hard to switch from fighter to mage mid way through?

Super easy in terms of classes.

The only thing you might have a problem with in cases like that are your characters' size; height and weight make a difference in terms of stamina (big characters have a higher maximum, small characters regenerate fater), speed (smaller characters move faster, though Sprinting is normalized so large characters don't spend the entire game moving slow), how easily you are thrown from / picked up by enemies and how you move when carrying a lot of weight. I seem to recall reading at one point that taller characters also have greater melee reach but I can't seem to find it now. Smaller characters also have a smaller hitbox, obviously.

There are skills you can pick up (Leg Strength / Sinew) that affect those mechanics, and there's items you can buy later that lets you redesign your character if you want. But to be honest, as others have said, it's not a big deal and nothing you can't adjust to on the fly.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
The wind can now push you on the go.

May have to get purely to support one of my favorite games of all time. Bought it on PS3, PC, PS4. Wouldn't hurt to have one more copy...

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Thx, res is a huge difference i was wondering if they improved the textures and effects too
Yeah, the current gen version does feature better textures (apparently the team had higher res master files on hand so they went back to those) but I don't know if the improvements extend to the texture based effects or not. I don't think particle effects have been touched at all, either.

If you're still curious, here's DF's analysis comparing the PS3 original to the PC version (which all the other current gen versions are based off).

Elshoelace

Oct 25, 2017
Think this will finally be the time I pick this game up. Are all vocations good enough to get through all content? I always heard Warriors are kind of weak.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Wait, going by the OP they've put internet multiplayer in this release?? I remember you could just "rent" pawns in the other versions, how is it different here? Damn, would be awesome.

Anyway, I also couldn't find it on the release info blurb in the OP but is there a physical release as well?? Going by comments on the last page I see people waiting on their orders but I thought it was digital only! Is the physical release complete or you need to download some of it? Appreciate any replies, thanks guys

SiG

Oct 25, 2017
I started replaying this on PC this weekend. I'm looking forward to playing it at the same time as other people! Just gotta have my 60 FPS.
I bought it on the PS4 and barely put time in to it. Rather than rebuy it on the Switch I think I'll just play through that version along with this thread lol
The only way you'll be playing with other people is if you play it on Switch, as I'm not sure this title supports cross-platform play.

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, going by the OP they've put internet multiplayer in this release?? I remember you could just "rent" pawns in the other versions, how is it different here? Damn, would be awesome.

Anyway, I also couldn't find it on the release info blurb in the OP but is there a physical release as well?? Going by comments on the last page I see people waiting on their orders but I thought it was digital only! Is the physical release complete or you need to download some of it? Appreciate any replies, thanks guys

I'll pick it up if they added actual multiplayer. That would be amazing.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017

I took that piece of info from the Capcom site but network multiplayer is just for one optional boss fight. The rest of the game is single-player. Also there's a physical release in North America, Europe and Asia IIRC.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
The only way you'll be playing with other people is if you play it on Switch, as I'm not sure this title supports cross-platform play.
Huh? I said "at the same time as other people." Platform is completely irrelevant to that. But also, you can't play "with" other people in-game regardless. At best, you can share pawns via friend lists, and no that doesn't work across platforms.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
I took that piece of info from the Capcom site but network multiplayer is just for one optional boss fight. The rest of the game is single-player. Also there's a physical release in North America, Europe and Asia IIRC.
there is no physical release in Europe.

Japan/NA only.

The multiplayer confusion is why I posted this on page 1 btw:

"Player(s): 1 (Network Multiplayer)" is a pretty confusing way to point out that it's a singleplayer game with NPC sharing.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
My Amazon copy shipped yesterday and is slated to arrive tomorrow. I already double-platinumed the game, so I'm in no hurry to replay it again.

I am curious to see how this port turned out. PS4 version disappointed. Was a nice step up from the last gen versions, for sure, but it should have run at 60 FPS, IMO.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Pre-ordered, been kinda on the fence but the combat and monsters and all the impressions here pushed me over the edge.

Excited to play it finally lol.

Matesamo

Nov 1, 2017
Rhode Island
Was in my local GameStop looking for a particular anime Pop Figure for my daughter and I saw the case out on the shelf. The clerk said it was out but the system wouldn't let her sell it until Tuesday. So close...

Since they already had them in hand I went ahead and preordered it in full since I know I can get it tomorrow at opening.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Think this will finally be the time I pick this game up. Are all vocations good enough to get through all content? I always heard Warriors are kind of weak.
Warriors aren't weak, just one-trick ponies compared to the other classes. If you play with some ranged/magic pawns, you'll be fine. Solo warrior is the real hardmode.

I'd probably tier the classes like this:

OP-Tier: Magick Archer, Mystic Knight- These classes make the game an effortless cakewalk when built well.

Mid-Tier: Assassin, Sorcerer, Ranger, Strider- These classes can decimate most enemies, but still require some skill to play effectively.

Low-Tier: Mage, Fighter, Warrior- These classes have some obvious shortcomings and require the most effort to succeed, but are still totally viable.

Last edited:

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Great game and a good community surrounding it. Had a boat sharing pawns on the PS4 version, will definitely get it for the Switch.

So a question: with no physical release in the UK, should I go digital or order a American copy?

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Any word on how the game stacks up against the PS3/PS4 versions? Visually and from an FPS standpoint? Docked and handheld?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
My copy has shipped, yay!

vestan this is a damn good OT. Great work.

Any word on how the game stacks up against the PS3/PS4 versions? Visually and from an FPS standpoint? Docked and handheld?
We were talking about it earlier in the thread but visuals-wise, the Switch version is near identical with the PS4 port except for some pop-in sometimes in the open-world. Handheld looks good too. 1080p docked (just like PS4/XB1) and 720p handheld.

The game runs at a locked 30 the whole time, from the impressions I've been reading. Another great port from Capcom.

Here's some shots of the game in handheld mode posted by sosainas and here's a video comparing the visuals of the PS4 and Switch versions.

Some screenshots I've taken on handheld mode. Looks really good. Pretty solid 30fps so far.

aIg03Il.jpg

5Eu4Chq.jpg

Nc9vdee.jpg

eWvSCYy.jpg

ZeK5oCa.jpg

fYEYW8I.jpg

NgKZk6C.jpg

AmA5lPy.jpg

V6chMz4.jpg

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, thanks!
Kind of amazing.

(And perhaps further proof the PS4/XBO versions should have been able to hit 60...)

Last edited:

Ratazk

Oct 27, 2017
Super excited to dive into this. Pre-ordered the Switch version.

Remember really having fun years ago when it was first released on 360, but I also seem to remember a lot was just thrown at you. Going to take things slower this time around.

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Does anyone know what time this unlocks in the UK? I'm patiently sitting here waiting...
GameRevolution says this
https://www.gamerevolution.com/guides/528719-dragons-dogma-switch-unlock-time

As outlined in our Tales of Vesperia unlock time guide back in January, the conundrum of third-party unlock times on the Nintendo Switch is a difficult one, and we don't expect this to be any different this time around.

As Nintendo states on its website, games that aren't Nintendo-owned properties can have staggered release times, right up until 12 PM Pacific. So, if that's the case in the absence of an official announcement from Capcom, expect a Dragon's Dogma Switch unlock time of anywhere between 12 AM Pacific (3 AM Eastern/8 AM BST) all the way up until 12 PM Pacific (3 PM Eastern/8 PM BST). Yeah, quite a wait is possibly in store.

I'm in the UK myself so I'm hoping it unlocks at midnight but I'm not holding out any hope :/

WBacon Friend Code

WBacon

Capcom USA
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
California
Wow, this is awesome! 0_0

And guys, feel free to add me so we can share pawns: 5806-2476-1401

Likewise, feel free to add me if you would like to use my pawn. Her name is Elvira. She's a Sorcerer at level 78 with a Challenger/Scatherer inclination combo.

Friend Code:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Edit: updated Elvira's level

Last edited:
Hana-Bi Friend Code

Hana-Bi

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Played for a bit and eill go to bed now.

Will add you guys later. Feel free to add me too. My pawn will be Schierke (sadly her name is censored for some reason - so I called her Shiruke) - a hopefully useful support mage. :)

My friend code:

Code:
SW-5204-9572-7518
Arisen name: Guts
Pawn name: Shiruke

Last edited:

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Sold a co-worker on it. He thinks graphically it looks better than "most things on Switch." Whatever works.

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Based on my personal experience and the responses in the thread you'd feel like this game has 50000 fans who have bought all the copies sold so far.

I'm also at 4 purchases already, if I wasn't in the middle of a PC playthrough i'd be thinking of picking this version up.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure if this is my fourth or fifth version.
But I DID get the PS3 and PS4 platinums, FWIW!
:D

Such an amazing game.
It'd be brilliant portable, but I get the feeling the hired pawn part of it will be very tedious offline.
I doubt they would have changed the system and it'd suck to play this mostly during commutes and get stuck with the randomly generated garbo offline pawn hirelings.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
My physical Switch copy should be here tomorrow. As I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's very unlikely that I'll play it any time soon, but I'm happy to support the game again.

I'm not sure if this is my fourth or fifth version.
But I DID get the PS3 and PS4 platinums, FWIW!
:D

Such an amazing game.
It'd be brilliant portable, but I get the feeling the hired pawn part of it will be very tedious offline.
I doubt they would have changed the system and it'd suck to play this mostly during commutes and get stuck with the randomly generated garbo offline pawn hirelings.
Once you hire pawns, you wouldn't have to be online anymore until you need to hire new pawns.