• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah the multi-dragon fights can be a little annoying, I definitely agree. Everything else though I don't mind. Except the lantern going out when I roll in water, that gets annoying too.
This goes without saying. Otherwise I'd fill a whole page of how stupid it is that there are so many "wet" areas.

I mean once or twice is kinda refreshing (no pun intended), but having like half the rooms with puddles all around is beyond idiotic. It's not hard. It's not fun. It's just tedious.

platypotamus

Oct 25, 2017
Finally remembered to add myself to the list (at a time when my pawn is useless so you shouldn't hire her, because I have great timing).

No way to add friends from PC right? I didn't bring my switch to work today... but I would totally go through the google doc and add a bunch of folks during downtime if there's a way to do it...

HBK

Oct 30, 2017
Ok, uninstalled the game. BBI was unfortunately a bit too close that what I feared at the time. Fun at first, but quickly repetitive and not very engaging overall (the loot, while powerful indeed, was pretty ugly).

't'was still a fun ride the third time. Hopefully with the sequel they'll strike balance between the "open world" of the main game and the more "dungeon crawler" approach of BBI. The main game clearly lacked some dungeons. But a big "post-game" dungeon isn't necessarily the best answer. Especially when the difficulty is basically a gear check.

Overall 'tis a good port Arisen. But man that music bug ... In my latest raids in BBI, I sometimes had three times the music playing at the same time :|

Kirbivore

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the second run. Managed to get a Blackening Storm for me and a Sanguine Stalk for the Sorc.

Edit:Oh they finally added more hashtags for uploading to social media

Last edited:

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
So I just started. In general, games are funny. I'm staring at resident evil rev 1&2 and I haven't touched them. Baba is you just annoys me. I finished shake down hawaii. I thought I wouldn't find a game that really sucks me in.

But I've played 30 minutes of dragons dogma and I'm hooked. I guess I just want to kill monsters and swing swords. Who knew? I think all of those games are good but are just not scratching a certain spot. Thanks for the starter tips.

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I remember I played a large chunk of the game without my pawn, until I was LV 40 , by then I was able to give my lv 4 pawn some awesome gear and most people who are starting dd , would have access to a low level pawn but with strong weapons.

This is how I was making thousands of rift crystlas daily.

I know you already started, but perhaps in a new game you could try this.

Thanks, I might try this next time I start over. It's a really good idea.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Hit my limit today so I'm done, I think. Beat the full game + post game, got deep enough into BBI that it stopped being interesting and started to feel repetitive (the room layouts being copied and pasted elicited an audible groan of disappointment). Did the Ur Dragon a few times. Level 98 and I'm in a NG+ if I ever decide to wander back.

In the end RNG was the most fearsome foe of all (second place: the camera, especially when climbing), and was the enemy that finally did me in. What put me over the top was beating the Ur Dragon twice in a row and getting the staff weapon both times (I dislike the way magic is cast in this game, it's just not my cup of tea; I even used the exploit in post-game to auto-complete Mage / Sorcerer and a good chunk of Magick Knight). I've spent too much time stabbing myself in the chest over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over to get better gear so I can progress to the next chest-stabbing chest-farming part. The fact that Capcom acknowledges players are going to save-scum to get around the ridiculous RNG by giving you the Godsbane (instead of coming up with a real solution) makes it all the more infuriating, as if they're saying "You are literally sitting here killing yourself instead of having fun".

That sounds mostly negative, but there's actually a lot I like about the game.

I dislike the open world sections, but for whatever reason Capcom couldn't or wouldn't make it one of these boring, sprawling expanses that have since come into vogue so it never felt too big. The different parts of Gransys felt cohesive but just different enough to keep things interesting; these are the plains, this is the shore, these are the mountains, this is the swamp, etc. It felt small enough that exploring it wasn't a daunting task. I liked that, and it kept things fresh throughout.

I like that most of the equipment design feels realistic; it would have been incredibly easy to have lots of flashy armor with giant MMO pauldrons and weapons with weird particle effects and stuff but instead everything looks rather historical (elemental effects and fantasy weapons like Magick Bows aside, of course).

The minute-to-minute combat is great, as is exploring the pitch black dungeons. I enjoyed most of the classes I played (spell casters aside), though I'm curious why dagger-users got a double jump, staff-users got levitate, but sword-users ended up without a "mobility" skill. Seems like some kind of long jump or something would have made sense. I was also surprised to see Fighter / Warrior not get any kind of real ranged option and Warrior not getting a whole second set of skills for some reason. Seems like an oversight all around. They gave dagger-users skills like Dazzle Hold and Trigger that incorporated explosives into their skills, so it would have made sense for sword / shield users to get some kind of... I dunno, throwing hammer or cross bow or something. Every time I played fighter / warrior I felt like I was missing an appendage due to the the lack of double jump / ranged option, especially when fighting Metal Golems or the Ur Dragon who have spots you absolutely can not reach without magic or a bow. Ugh.

If there's a sequel, I'd like more emphasis on dungeons and less on the overworld, more polish on the vocations, trimming the half-baked mechanics like the Affinity system, get rid of auto-fail quests, cut the amount of useless shit you have to pick up and pass to your packmules pawns one at a time in half, if not by a quarter... and tone down the damn RNG.

Anyway, that still sounds mostly negative but this is the second time I've bought it and I knew all of that going in, which is why I know now is the point for me to stop. Great port, had a great time with it, but there's too many annoying parts for me to stick with it. I have no doubt a sequel will have a giant, obnoxious map full of icons and Ubi-Towers, Microtransactions and probably worse RNG... but here's hoping it happens anyway, this is right along side Dark Souls in my "So close to being perfect it hurts" category.

Lots of great feed back for the sequel.
Can you tell me how I would go about doing that? Wouldn't that just overight my first game?

in the ps4 you had to create a different account. perhaps you could create new switch user profile and play the game in that account.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Man, what a close thing. I've still yet to do Come to Court despite having finished the four Wyrm Hunt quests.
Been having too much fun in BBI. Still pre-Daimon, but I've been able to get all the way to him, slowly but surely.
And knocking out BBI job board side quests as I go. I had Wages of Death IV in my log, which of course requires killing Death.
Pre-Daimon, there's one place where he reliably spawns again and again and can be slowly whittled down. Very slowly in my case, since I'm in Hard Mode, my levels were only in the mid-90s, and my gear an eclectic mix of BBI Level 1 and Level 2 weapons and armor, some not even dragonforged yet.

I wasn't sure how much XP a Hard Mode kill (plus the popping of the Wages of Death IV quest) would grant, and I was afraid it'd take me over my level 100 breakpoint where I'd need to switch my Vocations for a final time, for the purposes of my intended builds.

So it was a fairly tense hour of back and forths with Death. I was trying to get him down to absolutely critical before retreating to a nearby rift stone to make sure I had some high-level pawns with me to blunt the amount of XP I got. I really didn't want to go over 100 using these vocations. Sadly, I overdid it just a tad and killed him earlier than expected, AND after he nailed one of my hired pawns (but not my personal pawn, thankfully). He died, the quest popped, he dropped both of his potential crafting materials AND a BBI Level 3 cursed weapon. Not only that, but the kill and quest took my Arisen and Pawn to juuuuuust under 101. So I lucked into level 100, probably thanks to one of those hired pawns having died.

The weapon did purify into the best Mage staff at least, which will come in handy when I switch my Sorcerer into her final role as a specifically build support Mage.

LUCKY! Fuck, I love this game.

Speaker

One Winged Slayer
May 18, 2019
Finally decide to join up. I love this game too much. Hard mode is no joke on BBI.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Finally decide to join up. I love this game too much. Hard mode is no joke on BBI.

My Arisen and Pawn are level 107 and almost all I've done is BBI so far (fresh Hard Mode run). I haven't even met the Duke yet, and really only bothered to get to Gran Soren and do the Wyrm Hunt quests for access to the Eternal Ferrystone and three Portable Portcrystals. XD

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK

in the ps4 you had to create a different account. perhaps you could create new switch user profile and play the game in that account.

Thanks, it turned out to be as simple as that. A new user account, linked it to the console, and was able to start a new game and switch and hire pawns back and forth.

I would also like to thank the kind soul who gifted me a BBI Lvl 2 weapon, I skipped the screen so didn't get the name, but thank you.

Oaklight

Avenger
Jun 16, 2018
I will forever dread the grind for a full set of level 3 BBI armor. I somehow managed to do so for my Assassin, but never again!

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Finally beat the Dark Bishop after realizing I should probably use items better. An Eliminator, too, which felt good.

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
Hm, I promoted my Mage to Sorcerer, but now she can't heal. Is it advised to keep a mage in the party at all times? How am I supposed to have access to healing spells?

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this game is making me want to get back into Monster Hunter again.

MHGU being on sale doesn't help either.

Ceadeus

Banned
Jan 11, 2018
Hi, is there anyone nice enough that could give my pawn a wyrmking's ring?? :/ I just did the quest by giving the real one without thinking about making a forgery and it saved. So I can't load before this :(

I know it's a big gift but I would totally appreciate! My friend code is SW-1318-8024-7327

Thanks in advance :)

F31 Leopard

Oct 30, 2017
My Arisen and Pawn are level 107 and almost all I've done is BBI so far (fresh Hard Mode run). I haven't even met the Duke yet, and really only bothered to get to Gran Soren and do the Wyrm Hunt quests for access to the Eternal Ferrystone and three Portable Portcrystals. XD

Is your pawn getting items from returning? I sent your pawn a couple of BBI lvl 2&3 drops when I release. One of my friends IRL told me he sometimes doesn't get the things I send.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Man, I hate this game. Once it gets its hooks into ya, it's like crack cocaine (not that I know how addictive crack cocaine is). And after playing Fallout 3, Mad Max, Horizon Zero dawn, I was NOT expecting night time to be, well, night time as can be expected in centuries gone by without ubiquitous street level illumination.

I had a few questions pertaining to pawns:

1. I have lucky enough to get a pawn whose level is "infinite". Any idea what that exactly means?

2. While pawns can sent off with gifts, but would they also depart with all of the items in their inventories that I "Give" them after I terminate a contract?

3. Do the downloaded pawns not level up with the player? I was playing for a few hours and despite completing quests and my personal pawn leveling up, I did not see any progress being made to pawns I hired (despite them saying that they have gained knowledge of the quest).

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I hate this game. Once it gets its hooks into ya, it's like crack cocaine (not that I know how addictive crack cocaine is). And after playing Fallout 3, Mad Max, Horizon Zero dawn, I was NOT expecting night time to be, well, night time as can be expected in centuries gone by without ubiquitous street level illumination.

I had a few questions pertaining to pawns:

1. I have lucky enough to get a pawn whose level is "infinite". Any idea what that exactly means?

2. While pawns can sent off with gifts, but would they also depart with all of the items in their inventories that I "Give" them after I terminate a contract?

3. Do the downloaded pawns not level up with the player? I was playing for a few hours and despite completing quests and my personal pawn leveling up, I did not see any progress being made to pawns I hired (despite them saying that they have gained knowledge of the quest).

I think

1. infinite level means that the pawn has reached the max level, but if your barely starting , I doubt you can hire it (do to rft cost) , unless is one of your friends than I think its free.

2.Not items, but some armor or weapons yes. The game will notify you. also if a pawn was carrying say a carrot and falls down an endless pit, your carrot will automatically spawn in any of your Inns storage.

3.Downloaded pawns dont level up, but you and your main pawn earn less exp the bigger the party.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I think

1. infinite level means that the pawn has reached the max level, but if your barely starting , I doubt you can hire it (do to rft cost) , unless is one of your friends than I think its free.

2.Not items, but some armor or weapons yes. The game will notify you. also if a pawn was carrying say a carrot and falls down an endless pit, your carrot will automatically spawn in any of your Inns storage.

3.Downloaded pawns dont level up, but you and your main pawn earn less exp the bigger the party.

Thank you!

1. I got the max level pawn when I went to the Rift for the first time. I had no idea what I was doing and simply wanted a mage. I do not remember if I started with any amount of rift crystals. Anyway, I do not think that she belongs anyone in my friend's list. Unless the pawns that gather around you when you enter rift are all from friends on the friend's list.

2. Ah, so presumably when they depart, the items that do not warn users about disappearance with the pawn, appear in any of the inn's storage

3. I take it then that every time a player levels up, it is a good idea to go access the rift to acquire a new pawn who is the same level as the player (given the base cost for hiring pawns who are the same level or below, zero).

Two additional questions (anyone can answer):

1. Does the pawn I created automatically get uploaded to the rift server for other players to access him?
  2. How do people set rift crystal prices for their pawns?

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you!

1. I got the max level pawn when I went to the Rift for the first time. I had no idea what I was doing and simply wanted a mage. I do not remember if I started with any amount of rift crystals. Anyway, I do not think that she belongs anyone in my friend's list. Unless the pawns that gather around you when you enter rift are all from friends on the friend's list.

2. Ah, so presumably when they depart, the items that do not warn users about disappearance with the pawn, appear in any of the inn's storage

3. I take it then that every time a player levels up, it is a good idea to go access the rift to acquire a new pawn who is the same level as the player (given the base cost for hiring pawns who are the same level or below, zero).

Two additional questions (anyone can answer):

1. Does the pawn I created automatically get uploaded to the rift server for other players to access him?
  2. How do people set rift crystal prices for their pawns?

1. If you're set to Online your Pawn is uploaded and updated when you rest at an inn.

2. Price is automatically based on their level compared to you.

Last edited:

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Started this last night, got the dude who ran up to ask about the missing girl quest. I see its on the other side of the hills from the starting path, so I went up past the outpost to the hill where some bandits are and one of them STOMPED me. I've upgraded my weapons and some armor twice now, feels weird to see someone this early that just wipes me.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Is your pawn getting items from returning? I sent your pawn a couple of BBI lvl 2&3 drops when I release. One of my friends IRL told me he sometimes doesn't get the things I send.

I usually get nothing when my Pawn is hired out (other than rift crystals, of course). I did once get a level 2 BBI item. If that was from you, then thank you. I know for sure it was an upgrade at the time. I'm still purposefully pre-Daimon, but I'm almost ready to jump into BBI 2.0.

Thats gutsy...straight up hard mode new game?

I did that on PS4 when I double-dipped and eventually got the platinum. I'm doing it again now on Switch (though without trophies this time, obviously). I first platinumed it on PS3 though, so I knew what I was getting into. A fresh Hard Mode run is a ton of fun in the early hours. Really challenging. That Cyclops you have to kill in Call of the Arisen before you can create your Pawn? It'll one-shot you! :D

1) That's level 200, and the level cap.

2) I regularly use hired Pawns as mules. If they die or are dismissed, everything in their inventories that they didn't come with (their equipped items) goes straight to your storage. The only things they keep are what they arrived with, a single gift you can optionally have them take back when formally dismissed (and which is forfeit if they die), and I believe any gear you force them to equip. I've actually never tested that third option. I always keep hired Pawns with whatever they arrive with. You can loan them lanterns and pickaxes and they'll use both. Their lanterns give off way less light than an Arisen's lantern, but also never run out of oil. Anything they mine on your behalf is yours, as I mentioned above. If they die or are dismissed, the lantern and pickaxes return to your storage as well.

3) Hired Pawns are "static copies" of other player-created Pawns if you play online. In offline mode, you basically only have access to your Favorites list (so I've heard, I've not tested) or Capcom's randomly generated (and awful) offline Pawns. If you have a bunch of Switch friends, you can hire their Pawns at no cost, regardless of the level disparity. Pawns get copied and re-uploaded to Capcom servers whenever a player rests at an Inn or an establishment that offers similar services (such as encampments). If you want to hire high-level Pawns (relative to your own) at 0 cost, a friend's pawn is the only way. Do keep in mind that you'll face minor to moderate XP penalties if you travel with hired Pawns of higher levels. Likewise, you'll gain bonus XP if you travel with low-level (or no) pawns. I believe the swing is +/- 25% XP, at most.

Last edited:

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
1) That's level 200, and the level cap.

2) I regularly use hired Pawns as mules. If they die or are dismissed, everything in their inventories that they didn't come with (their equipped items) goes straight to your storage. The only things they keep are what they arrived with, a single gift you can optionally have them take back when formally dismissed (and which is forfeit if they die), and I believe any gear you force them to equip. I've actually never tested that third option. I always keep hired Pawns with whatever their arrive with.

3) Hired Pawns are "static copies" of other player-created Pawns if you play online. In offline mode, you basically only have access to your Favorites list (so I've heard, I've not tested) or Capcom's randomly generated (and awful) offline Pawns. If you have a bunch of Switch friends, you can hire their Pawns at no cost, regardless of the level disparity. Pawns get copied and re-uploaded to Capcom servers whenever a player rests at an Inn or an establishment that offers similar services (such as encampments).

Thank you kindly!

Actually, I am playing the PS4 version atm. I would love to hire pawns from people here. Unfortunately, I could not find a DD:DA subforum for other two platforms.

Ah, just looked at the update.

Because you said that you use pawns as mules, what is the best range for "Encumberance"?

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you kindly!

Actually, I am playing the PS4 version atm. I would love to hire pawns from people here. Unfortunately, I could not find a DD:DA subforum for other two platforms.

I expanded upon my answers by editing the post you quoted.
And if you'd like to hire my min-maxed level 200 support Mage Pawn on PS4 (for free), my PSN is Mejilan.
She has pretty much top-of-the-line end-game gear too, so she should clean up fairly easily when not healing.
I posted screenshots of her back on page 12 of this thread (if you do 100 posts per page).
I recreated her on Switch, but the screen cap I uploaded was from the PS4 version.
I think the only visual difference is that my PS4 pawn is smaller and lighter than the height and weight I wound up going with on Switch.
Looks and voice are identical, though.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I expanded upon my answers by editing the post you quoted.
And if you'd like to hire my min-maxed level 200 support Mage Pawn on PS4, my PSN is Mejilan.
She has pretty much top-of-the-line end-game gear too, so she should clean up fairly easily when not healing.
I posted screenshots of her back on page 12 of this thread (if you do 100 posts per page).
I recreated her on Switch, but the screen cap I uploaded was from the PS4 version.
I think the only visual difference is that my PS4 pawn is smaller and lighter than the height and weight I wound up going with on Switch.
Looks and voice are identical, though.

Thank you so much mate. Also, I added a query at the end of my last post pertaining to encumberance.

I shall add thee to my PSN friend's network and hire thine pawn.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Because you said that you use pawns as mules, what is the best range for "Encumberance"?

There's no clear answer. Because while size and weight affect how much you can carry, they also affect how quickly stamina drains and recovers. I prefer smaller and lighter characters, but felt that I went too small on PS4. So I bulked them up a bit on Switch, but not by a huge amount. Ultimately, I don't think it's a TERRIBLY important choice, because if you go with a full party of four, you shouldn't have too much issue with inventory management, even if you're a pack-rat like me. And in a worst-case scenario, you can always load up your mule Pawns, dismiss them to drop everything they have into your storage, and re-hire them. Once you unlock fast travel, you can also quickly warp back to an establishment that offers storage access, too. (Pro-tip: If you have a ton of one category you'd like to dump en-masse into storage, such as Materials, select the category and hit the Plus button on Switch to drop it all into your storage in one shot. Not sure what the equivalent button is on PS4).

If you want the full details on height/weight/encumbrance/stamina, you're probably best off hitting up a Wiki.

And I hope you enjoy my Pawn, Ahamet. She served me really well on PS4. Don't bother gifting her anything. I have the game uninstalled, hit max level, maxed all Vocations, purchased all skills, did pretty much everything, and already got the double-platinum. :D

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Any advice for fighting these phantasm/ghost things in BBI? They're incredibly annoying.

JMY86

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I put around 100 hours into Dragon's Dogma on PS3 and decided to jump back into this fantastic game and it still never gets old picking up a monster and throwing them into the ocean...

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Any advice for fighting these phantasm/ghost things in BBI? They're incredibly annoying.

Holy magic or really high base magic stat to breach their stupid high magic defense to anything that's not Holy (Ricochet Hunter does the job if you have the damage) is pretty much the only thing that damages them that I know of, they're massive pains in the ass.

If you're on Fighter you can Full Moon Slash when they try to fly through and knock you down, Instant Reset on Assassin also.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017

You pretty much need magic for them. Any manner of spell will damage or outright kill them, depending on the element and the stats of the caster. Enchantments on weapons (Holy's probably the best) will let your physical fighters damage them. Throwblasts (consumables) can work in a pinch. If you let them possess a Pawn, I do believe that purely physical hits WILL damage them, but that's pretty much the only case where it's true.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
BBI is finally clicking. I do feel a bit like I'm cheating when I use the ricochet shot or whatever it's called, but there's enough fighting in larger rooms to balance that out.

I'm hating the RNG tho. I'm still using weapons from The Dragon on my main. I did find a BBI lvl 2 staff, but I'm using dagger/magick bow on my main so it went to my pawn instead. I guess I could just sleep / reset the chests and keep on farming that spot until I get some stuff for myself. That's assuming I can remember where it was! - somewhere near Rotwood Depository or Forgotten Hall.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
There's no clear answer. Because while size and weight affect how much you can carry, they also affect how quickly stamina drains and recovers. I prefer smaller and lighter characters, but felt that I went too small on PS4. So I bulked them up a bit on Switch, but not by a huge amount. Ultimately, I don't think it's a TERRIBLY important choice, because if you go with a full party of four, you shouldn't have too much issue with inventory management, even if you're a pack-rat like me. And in a worst-case scenario, you can always load up your mule Pawns, dismiss them to drop everything they have into your storage, and re-hire them. Once you unlock fast travel, you can also quickly warp back to an establishment that offers storage access, too. (Pro-tip: If you have a ton of one category you'd like to dump en-masse into storage, such as Materials, select the category and hit the Plus button on Switch to drop it all into your storage in one shot. Not sure what the equivalent button is on PS4).

If you want the full details on height/weight/encumbrance/stamina, you're probably best off hitting up a Wiki.

And I hope you enjoy my Pawn, Ahamet. She served me really well on PS4. Don't bother gifting her anything. I have the game uninstalled, hit max level, maxed all Vocations, purchased all skills, did pretty much everything, and already got the double-platinum. :D

Ah thank you. Hope those who have Switch version enlist her aid.

I looked up the Wiki and the comparisons are just between very light and over encumbered. Regardless, you have provided ample information for me to deal with this issue.

I see that Ahamet is a mage. It will interesting to run with 1 fighter (myself) and 3 mages.

Finally, much like yourself I prefer smaller characters (given I am smol guy too). I literally made my PC a female version of myself and my personal male pawn similarly small.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Ah thank you. Hope those who have Switch version enlist her aid.

I looked up the Wiki and the comparisons are just between very light and over encumbered. Regardless, you have provided ample information for me to deal with this issue.

I see that Ahamet is a mage. It will interesting to run with 1 fighter (myself) and 3 mages.

Finally, much like yourself I prefer smaller characters (given I am smol guy too). I literally made my PC a female version of myself and my personal male pawn similarly small.

Any particular reason you won't swap out one of your Mages for something else? You've got support covered, why not add a Sorcerer for their powerhouse spells, or a more physical class to better round out the team?

I'm pretty small guy myself, but that doesn't really factor into my character creator decisions. I did make my Arisen and my Pawn twins though. On PS4 and Switch. On PS3, ugh, well, let's just say that I didn't really have a good grasp of the character creator yet. Both were abominations. lol

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Any particular reason you won't swap out one of your Mages for something else? You've got support covered, why not add a Sorcerer for their powerhouse spells, or a more physical class to better round out the team?

I'm pretty small guy myself, but that doesn't really factor into my character creator decisions. I did make my Arisen and my Pawn twins though. On PS4 and Switch. On PS3, ugh, well, let's just say that I didn't really have a good grasp of the character creator yet. Both were abominations. lol

My personal pawn is a lvl 12 mage atm and I am really fond of that other lvl 200 mage. So that leaves only one space. Of course, depending on how it goes, I might favourite that mage and send her off and replace her with yours.

Generally I make characters who are unlike me when the game allows for it. However, this is the 1st game I have played that allows height and weight alteration. As such, I thought, "petite folks are seldom represented in games, unless they are 'dwarves' and given some measure of dignity and power. So perhaps this will be it".

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
My personal pawn is a lvl 12 mage atm and I am really fond of that other lvl 200 mage. So that leaves only one space. Of course, depending on how it goes, I might favourite that mage and send her off and replace her with yours.

Generally I make characters who are unlike me when the game allows for it. However, this is the 1st game I have played that allows height and weight alteration. As such, I thought, "petite folks are seldom represented in games, unless they are 'dwarves' and given some measure of dignity and power. So perhaps this will be it".

More power to you! FWIW, if you make your Arisen petite enough, there's a hidden little nook in one of the game's major locations that you'll be able to access. There's nothing terribly important there. Just an alternate way to traverse the area that larger characters won't fit in.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
Started this last night, got the dude who ran up to ask about the missing girl quest. I see its on the other side of the hills from the starting path, so I went up past the outpost to the hill where some bandits are and one of them STOMPED me. I've upgraded my weapons and some armor twice now, feels weird to see someone this early that just wipes me.

Yeah those bandits are really a pain in the ass for how early in the game you fight them. I usually either try to cheese them from a distance or just run past them. The enemies in the actual place the quest takes you are much, much easier than those bandits.

If you don't have any sort of magick attack (ideally holy) then you're better off ignoring or running past them. They're an even bigger pain in the ass when you're playing solo, since you can't pick up items when you're possessed. Though a nice trick to do a lot of damage/kill them is when they possess you take a throwblast, walk close to a wall, than throw it at the wall. That will get you unpossessed and do a bunch of damage to it.

InfiniDragon

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah those bandits are really a pain in the ass for how early in the game you fight them. I usually either try to cheese them from a distance or just run past them. The enemies in the actual place the quest takes you are much, much easier than those bandits.

If you don't have any sort of magick attack (ideally holy) then you're better off ignoring or running past them. They're an even bigger pain in the ass when you're playing solo, since you can't pick up items when you're possessed. Though a nice trick to do a lot of damage/kill them is when they possess you take a throwblast, walk close to a wall, than throw it at the wall. That will get you unpossessed and do a bunch of damage to it.

The throwblast trick isn't nearly as good on Wraiths, it takes a lot of them to do them in whereas it one-shots most other ghosts. Only reason I didn't mention it earlier, as I'd brought it up a few pages back.

FantaSoda

Oct 28, 2017
I can't remember which of you has a pawn named pantsu but let me tell you thank you. She is like 30 levels ahead of me and wrecks everything.