• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Thank you for accepting my friend request Oaklight. You're officially the first Pawn on my Friend List of ohhh, about 80 individuals, that's managed to hit max level. I was checking out your Pawn, Sky, and couldn't help but notice that she didn't have a single primary skill or augment equipped! Is that intentional? Bit baffling. I wound up sticking with Saber's level 183 Emilia instead...

I've gone ahead and added my pawn to the google doc now - she's served me well, but nobody's given her a chance yet and I'd really like to rack up some rift crystals so I can buy some of the extra cosmetic bits and pieces and save up ready for BBI, so if someone's feeling generous, it'd be appreciated. She's only level 47 right now, but we've just finished every sidequest possible before the big fight with Grigori so I'd say we're doing pretty well!

Sent ya a friend request, but I'm closing in on 180 at trying to get the last few bits of BBI gear I need before I exit out of the expansion and actually start the true main quest. Yes, I'm doing things backwards. I've yet to meet the duke! And I'm playing on Hard Mode on top of doing the whole BBI thing first! XD

Edit - What I meant to say is that once I'm 200 and have the rest of the BBI gear I need, I'll actually play through the full base campaign and will try to remember to take your Pawn with me through much of it. Even on Hard Mode, a pair of level 200 badasses wearing gold Dragonforged level 3 BBI weapons and armors can roflstomp anything, so I won't mind running with one or two lower level Pawns. Even vastly lower level. Should be fun!

Last edited:

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I've gone ahead and added my pawn to the google doc now - she's served me well, but nobody's given her a chance yet and I'd really like to rack up some rift crystals so I can buy some of the extra cosmetic bits and pieces and save up ready for BBI, so if someone's feeling generous, it'd be appreciated. She's only level 47 right now, but we've just finished every sidequest possible before the big fight with Grigori so I'd say we're doing pretty well!

I'll send you a friend request next time I'm playing. I should be able to hire her, I'm close to Lvl 47.

Deleted member 5148

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I've beaten this game countless times beforehand (both vanilla and DA on PS3, and also on PS4), but getting it again on the Switch had managed to breathe new life into it yet again. Playing a game as expansive as DDDA on a handheld is like a dream come true. I'm making my way through the game happily, having just met the duke for the first time, but one thing I've noticed in comparison to the other systems is there's a lack of pawns available online - I'm not sure if this is just due to the game being out for a short amount of time, or if this port just didn't sell too well? Here's hoping the former, because this game deserves to sell as much as possible.

On PS4 , you don't require PS+ to acquire online pawns. Is the switch version the same?

Late popping into this thread, but has the active player base dropped off considerably since launch or is it my imagination? It's to be expected, of course given the age of this game, but it's looking a little rough out there right now.

Picked it up on release date, but didn't have time to play until my birthday in the middle of last month. Put in a few hours here and there when I found the time; finally hit the mid-50's level wise but haven't touched BBI or finished the main quest, but I'm closing in on it soon. One of the biggest reasons I enjoy DD is exploring the world and fighting creatures / gathering materials to upgrade my gear. Completed the game 1000/1000 on Xbox360, had to abandon my PS4 run due to lack of quality playtime but was excited to jump in again on the Switch.

And yet, whenever I journey into the rift to find pick-ups for my squad, a LOT of pawns out there either stop at playtime between 15-25 hours total (many of whom are rolling in Dark Arisen Outfits like Queen's Clothing or Voldoan Armor, all the way up into the 50's) or are complete wrecking machines who hit up BBI first and are sitting comfortably at level 120+, absolutely impossible to rent with the meager pittance of rift crystals dropped from random mobs. Feels like there's almost no in-between, and when I do come across another pawn that fits neither criteria... they've got their inclinations set to Nexus and Pioneer.

Bit of a shame, really. I love this game.

Edit: Added relevant info to the Sheet. Hope that's okay.

Last edited:

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still playing, but slowed down now that I'm splitting my time between this and Destiny 2 (which I took a long hiatus from). I'll be sure to send you a Friend Request this evening!

Man, I've gotta applaud the effort you've put into keeping everything neat and updated! Been tweaking my own pawn here and there to help build her into a better support DD (dragon forging, armor upgrades, etc) but have had zero luck in random rentals so far. If anyone feels like giving her a try, please do, it would be most appreciated. Kept her as a Strider, level 58 at the moment. Next time I'm settling in for an evening of mayhem I'll try to add a few folks who are still active, if that's alright.

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
I accept any friend requests sent my way. Still doing BBI stuff and making my way to 200 on both my characters. But once that's one and my BBI gear is in a good place, I'll hire out some low level pawns and actually do the main campaign. Skipped it and went straight for BBI, despite the rough difficulty at first!

Alien Manobo

Oct 27, 2017
Played over 100 hours now, currently on NG+ but havent really delved into the main story as im having loads of fun doing BBI rounds. I think I'm about 50ish levels before max? If anyone needs a sorc, just hit me up. SW-2809-8917-2961

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Played this game HARD for the first two weeks it came out (about 60+ hours), finished it then dropped it as soon as I got to the postgame/BBI. Found the game didn't have a good way to on-board me on what I had to do to be well equipped its postgame content. So I got overwhelmed and dropped it.

Any tips on what I should do to ease me into the postgame stuff, notably BBI?

Alien Manobo

Oct 27, 2017
I felt the same way when i reached NG+ playing on hard difficulty this time, took me a long while to adjust to the difficulty, i wasnt dealing enough damage as a magic archer at first. Had to go through the other vocations to get strength/magic augments. Ditched magic archer for now since i couldnt get a decent bb weapon for the class. Mainly played assassin/ranger based on the loot i got from my first daimon kill, and relied on blast arrows a lot.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
NXktDF7.jpg

I didn't know whether to buy this again, but I caved in. Time to revisit Gransys!

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Man I really need to get back to this. Haven't played switch at all the past few weeks just due to having other things occupying my time but my arisen is still there waiting to get new skills and loots.

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK

I k now what you mean. I've just hit Lvl 50, and I'm really playing one day a week at the moment. If you're looking for a Ranger, feel free sounds me up, in on the fact sheet.

There are still some players here still with the game, but it's like most people have just sped on by.

Still like renting their pawns whenever I can. But I'll leave the high end ones for BBI I think.

Davey Cakes

Oct 27, 2017
Massachusetts
I am slowly making my way through this game. I started a playthrough and got to the Capital but missed a couple of quests along the way and decided to just restart the whole thing. Being educated on some of the early quests certainly helped. I only JUST completed "Lost and Found" but thankfully got an education out of the brutal experience.

I want to thank vestan for making the thread and offering the advice. I wouldn't have made it even this far without the tips. Honestly, Dogma is a great game from what I can tell in the early goings, but it's had some confusing moments so I'm happy to accept some guidance. Cheers!

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I want to thank @vestan for making the thread and offering the advice. I wouldn't have made it even this far without the tips. Honestly, Dogma is a great game from what I can tell in the early goings, but it's had some confusing moments so I'm happy to accept some guidance. Cheers!
Thank YOU dude! It was an honor to make this thread even though I dipped out a bit early, haha. I hope all of you that completed their very first playthrough of DD on Switch had a good time!!!

Dranakin

Oct 27, 2017
It's possible, but the game chews through your battery in 2.5 - 3 hours. And you'll need online connectivity to access the Rift World and hire decent Pawns to fill out your party of four. You only have two characters by default, your Arisen and the Pawn you create that's bound to him/her. There are offline Pawns for those moments when you don't have a connection, but they're randomly generated and generally awful.

Thanks for the feedback. I was about to buy this game last week or so, but then I finally got my PS3 out of storage from far away, and realized that I have Dark Arisen already installed. Loss of portability, but no need to buy it again!

Mejilan

Oct 27, 2017
Just finished with my weekly update of the Google Sheet. Currently connected to my work VPN, which blocks all things Google Drive. But the update will propagate later tonight when I sign off work for the day. Sad to see so many players drop off so early in the game. But there were some surprise updates! Some that played again for the first time in over a month!

Thanks for the feedback. I was about to buy this game last week or so, but then I finally got my PS3 out of storage from far away, and realized that I have Dark Arisen already installed. Loss of portability, but no need to buy it again!

By no means the ideal way to play the game anymore these days, but I'm not one to talk. My first run was on PS3, where I got the platinum. Enjoy!

Bob Beat

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's been answered: best love interest for benefits? I don't care about who's in my room/bed or who looks the part.

Panthalassic

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the main story after 45-ish hours. Ended up messing up my romance thing but it's fine, my Arisen still ended up gay in the end so we take those.

Dabbling in BBI and it's kinda insane how much stuff in just in there haha. Don't know how much longer I'll keep playing since I'm mostly a story-driven game player but this game has been incredibly fun and cool.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
A quick question replaying the game (playing on PS4):

I am very close to the end on my 1st run on Normal, and want to start over and do the Hard Mode. Is it possible to finish the 1st Normal run and jump into NG+ immediately with Hard mode and make use of everything you had previously?

LegendX48

Oct 25, 2017
PS3 is probably the worst place to play it cause of the intense, very frequent frame rate drops into (seemingly) single digit territory >.>

That said, I beat it like 3 times in PS3 so the game is still great there, just runs like hot garbage >.>

I k now what you mean. I've just hit Lvl 50, and I'm really playing one day a week at the moment. If you're looking for a Ranger, feel free sounds me up, in on the fact sheet.

There are still some players here still with the game, but it's like most people have just sped on by.

Still like renting their pawns whenever I can. But I'll leave the high end ones for BBI I think.

Yep. Feels like a lot of folks have moved on already. I grabbed your pawn for a few hours the last opportunity I had to play for an extended time... uh... did you intend to leave her on Ranger without a bow? Not that I'm complaining mind you, because she held her own, but it was just odd is all. I mean, sometimes I'll upload my pawn and forget to swap augments out from a ranged fighter to a close combat warrior, lol.

Didn't get a lot of time to play recently but I did dip a toe into BBI -- and right off the bat I remembered everything from my time on the Xbox360. Except that Death *really* took a liking to Ahamet and the other mage pawn I was with. Just waltzed right on up to the both of them while they were in mid-cast on the trash mobs and Ker-plunk... it was all "so long and thanks for the fish."

Laughed my ass off, then reloaded a save made 5 minutes earlier and trained the plaza the second go around, keeping all pawns out of trouble. :p

Think I'll wrap up the main game before continuing BBI though. And add a few more folks when I get a chance.

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Yep. Feels like a lot of folks have moved on already. I grabbed your pawn for a few hours the last opportunity I had to play for an extended time... uh... did you intend to leave her on Ranger without a bow? Not that I'm complaining mind you, because she held her own, but it was just odd is all. I mean, sometimes I'll upload my pawn and forget to swap augments out from a ranged fighter to a close combat warrior, lol.

Hi, thanks for hiring her. I took the bow off for two reasons. The first is that I wanted her to be able too start mounting monsters like Cyclops as the situation demands, so I figured she'd be more likely to do that without a now equipped. The second is that her daggers are much more powerful than her bow.

Next time I play, I'll equip her bow back on and see how it goes.

Death is no joke, I'm looking forward to the slapping that's coming my way. I'm pretty close too the end of the main quest now, so I'll be experiencing that soon lol

No problem, I was glad to give her a shot. Had to leave her in the rift before climbing Bluemoon Tower for that Griffin quest. Never liked that forced running cutscene they toss into your lap, I almost always lose a pawn there and didn't want to drop anyone in the drink so I just moseyed up solo with my own pawn tagging behind me.

And I figured that was the reason you hadn't outfitted her with a bow for the time. Had the devil's luck trying to get a rusted bow dragonforged for my pawn so far, so I've left her on Warrior for now until I can boost her strength a bit more and finally get Clout. I invested in a few of those inclination potions (Utilitarian mostly) to make better use of strategies like climbing and such. Worked out well so far!

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Just started playing this today and I am a little confused about the inventory.

I went to a shop in the opening village and bought a new sword and bow. My character is now much slower as the weight as increased... but I can't find the weapons anywhere. I opened the Equip inventory and they aren't in there. I also bought a Pick Axe for my rook, and I can't see that either.

I've gotta be missing something very basic here 😂

Edit. It may not have gone through first time, weirdly. I still can't buy a bow though, are there items in the shop you can't purchase? That's a bit confusing.

Some have a red symbol next to the item. Does that mean you can't buy it, or equip it?

Last edited:

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just started playing this today and I am a little confused about the inventory.

I went to a shop in the opening village and bought a new sword and bow. My character is now much slower as the weight as increased... but I can't find the weapons anywhere. I opened the Equip inventory and they aren't in there. I also bought a Pick Axe for my rook, and I can't see that either.

I've gotta be missing something very basic here 😂

Edit. It may not have gone through first time, weirdly. I still can't buy a bow though, are there items in the shop you can't purchase? That's a bit confusing.

Some have a red symbol next to the item. Does that mean you can't buy it, or equip it?

I think that symbol might mean the weapon is not for your class, maybe? Look at the weapon, press y, and you should see the classes that can equip that weapon.

Post back and let us know if you had any success or the problem persists.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I think that symbol might mean the weapon is not for your class, maybe? Look at the weapon, press y, and you should see the classes that can equip that weapon.

Post back and let us know if you had any success or the problem persists.

Ahh that may be it. I am so used to Dark Souls being free with regards to classes and what you can use (generally), it didn't even cross my mind that there'd be class restrictions!

I went over my weight burden super fast, I guess you can't carry much to start with.

Also, and hopefully I didn't fuck up, I sold a pendant as it was worth 310,000!!!

Edit. I think that sorted it. And, when trying to sell stuff, it wasn't showing equipped items. That got me for a second.

I assume there's a store somewhere where I can place items? I've gone from Very Light to Very Heavy really fast! :)

Last edited:

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
The combat in this game feels great! Had lots of fun with wolves and goblins so far. Bow and arrow is great too!

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I just realised there is both clothing and armour. This brings a whole new element to Fashion Souls :)

Game is cool so far, I am off to take the Rook up the road to the next camp.

My weight is still an issue, it must be my armour weighing me down. Is it typical to be at Very Heavy early on?

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I just realised there is both clothing and armour. This brings a whole new element to Fashion Souls :)

Game is cool so far, I am off to take the Rook up the road to the next camp.

My weight is still an issue, it must be my armour weighing me down. Is it typical to be at Very Heavy early on?
Dump everything you can at the inn as often as possible :) There is a button to dump everything in «a category» with a button press. (+ for Switch?)

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Dump everything you can at the inn as often as possible :) There is a button to dump everything in «a category» with a button press. (+ for Switch?)

I think its the armour that's killing the weight at the moment, there doesn't seem to be a light weight option.. I am assuming its recommended to wear it? :) Although I didn't always in Dark Souls etc.

Does your carrying ability increase as you level up?

Also, I may have sold my rusted weapons, did I mess up? :D Reading elsewhere, it sounds like they may be really important later on for enchanting with elements etc.

Last edited:

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I appear to have x58 Pickaxes on me! What the fuck?! Did I buy that many by accident, or pick them up? I removed them and went to 'Very Light' immediately. I kept x5 on me, I assume they break after a while?

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK
I think its the armour that's killing the weight at the moment, there doesn't seem to be a light weight option.. I am assuming its recommended to wear it? :) Although I didn't always in Dark Souls etc.

Does your carrying ability increase as you level up?

Also, I may have sold my rusted weapons, did I mess up? :D Reading elsewhere, it sounds like they may be really important later on for enchanting with elements etc.

Your carrying capacity depends on how big and heavy you are, the lighter and smaller you are the less you can vary. There's an Augment in the Fighter Class that when equipped increases your carry weight. Leveling up well not increase it. You can give items for the pawns in your party to carry, when you list them go the items gay deposited in your item storage automatically. Just don't equip them with equipment, that that will keep and you won't get it back.

If you haven't created your own pawn, you can make them bigger and have more weight, that way they can act your pack mule too.

Armour has weight, try to wear light armour if you can. Try this, put all your items in storage, and see what your weight is with just armour and season equipped, that'll tell you how much you can personally carry.

It's not a game breaker, it just means you'll be depositing items more frequently amongst your team.

Edit: just saw your post lol that will explain it. You bought them by accident. You can either sell them or if you don't care about money, gift them to pawns that you're letting go as a laugh.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Your carrying capacity depends on how big and heavy you are, the lighter and smaller you are the less you can vary. There's an Augment in the Fighter Class that when equipped increases your carry weight. Leveling up well not increase it. You can give items for the pawns in your party to carry, when you list them go the items gay deposited in your item storage automatically. Just don't equip them with equipment, that that will keep and you won't get it back.

If you haven't created your own pawn, you can make them bigger and have more weight, that way they can act your pack mule too.

Armour has weight, try to wear light armour if you can. Try this, put all your items in storage, and see what your weight is with just armour and season equipped, that'll tell you how much you can personally carry.

It's not a game breaker, it just means you'll be depositing items more frequently amongst your team.

Edit: just saw your post lol that will explain it. You bought them by accident. You can either sell them or if you don't care about money, gift them to pawns that you're letting go as a laugh.

Thanks for your advice on this. I was worried if I gave items to a pawn I wouldn't get them back, so that's good to know. I guess I just have to get their items deposited before letting them go (if I swap them out).

That's a good question; is it worth swapping the pawns out now and again?

I am really liking this game so far, the combat is brilliant and I am in love with the world.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for your advice on this. I was worried if I gave items to a pawn I wouldn't get them back, so that's good to know. I guess I just have to get their items deposited before letting them go (if I swap them out).

I am really liking this game so far, the combat is brilliant and I am in love with the world.
Swap out pawns every time you level up if they are at your level. Try to get friends that have high level pawns you can rent for free.

Grewitch

Oct 25, 2017
UK

You don't even have to deposit items from pawns your letting go, just dismiss them, all the items they're carrying will go straight into your main storage anyway. The only items I take back are quest items or may items I need. I always take the lanterns I give them back, ready to give this new hires.

Absolutely feel free to change pawns in a regular basis. They don't level automatically, so let them go and rehire your favourite ones, in case they leveled up by being used by their creator.

Usually you want to have a mage around thou deal with phantasm like creatures who are immune to physical attacks unless you have enchanted weapons. Feel free to try whatever you like.

Tip: make sure to do the Lost and Found quest before you finish the Lure of the Abyss quest, otherwise you'll be locked out and fail it. You'll encounter some though bandits along the way for your level, some people just run past them, I like to fight them. Save your game just before fighting them, and use hit and run tactics, revive your team and run, try to get the archers first. It's hard at early level but really fun.

Hiring friends pawns doesn't cost you any rift crystals. If you don't have any playing or need some, use the User Sheet in the OP too send it some friends requests, you can find me there, I'll be happy to add you and hire your pawn.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sorrt if it's been asked a hundred times but how is the switch port compared to the ps4?

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
You don't even have to deposit items from pawns your letting go, just dismiss them, all the items they're carrying will go straight into your main storage anyway. The only items I take back are quest items or may items I need. I always take the lanterns I give them back, ready to give this new hires.

Absolutely feel free to change pawns in a regular basis. They don't level automatically, so let them go and rehire your favourite ones, in case they leveled up by being used by their creator.

Usually you want to have a mage around thou deal with phantasm like creatures who are immune to physical attacks unless you have enchanted weapons. Feel free to try whatever you like.

Tip: make sure to do the Lost and Found quest before you finish the Lure of the Abyss quest, otherwise you'll be locked out and fail it. You'll encounter some though bandits along the way for your level, some people just run past them, I like to fight them. Save your game just before fighting them, and use hit and run tactics, revive your team and run, try to get the archers first. It's hard at early level but really fun.

Hiring friends pawns doesn't cost you any rift crystals. If you don't have any playing or need some, use the User Sheet in the OP too send it some friends requests, you can find me there, I'll be happy to add you and hire your pawn.

Thanks so much for your advice and help, I think I'll do that with User Sheet to get some pawn action going. I'll try not to get too attached to my pawns. I thought long and hard about the first name I gave my dude too :D

I recently unlocked Lost and Found and my plan is to do that next since everyone has said to get it done so you don't miss out.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing it portable and it runs great, a generally solid 30fps. Looks good too. There's LOD pop-up in bushes/foilage etc now and again, but I am genuinely impressed how good it looks and nicely it runs. I've not played any other DD to compare though, I am afraid.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Just completed Lost and Found, that was a really enjoyable mission. Loved the wooded area and the music is really great! We killed the bandits, they were tough but loved the combat with them.

Cool game!