• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018

teppenthegame.com

Ultimate Card Battle

圧倒的なグラフィックと斬新なシステムを兼ね備えた究極のカードゲーム!タイトルを超えてヒーロー達が織り成すバトルを重ねて頂点に登り詰めろ!!

teppenthegame.com

Ultimate Card Battle

With astonishing graphics and cutting-edge battle system, this is the card game to end all other card games! Battle with your favorite Heroes from a variety of legendary game series!!

20210618DOW_01_ewi15WW3Rxd0.jpg

Last edited:

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
TEPPEN really is underrated. All the callbacks to past Capcom IP are great, and I enjoy how they interconnect the lore of each series. I just wish it would come to pc and/or Switch so more people could play it.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
C'mon Capcom, work some of your current-gen magic on the BoF franchise as well.

Well, those characters from yet another failed Monster Hunter mobile game had to go somewhere...

Still, love that BoF is getting so much love in this expansion, as I was kinda expecting them to just continue on from the last expansion with more Ace Attorney and, like, more than four cards from Dead Rising.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Cards? Well, that's at least something. But come on, make Ryu or Nina a hero.

Cards? Well, that's at least something. But come on, make Ryu or Nina a hero.
Unfortunately, they seem to be done with making heroes for now, but if they do what they did with the last expansion, Ryu seems like a lock for a premium skin for one of the other characters, though that will mean throwing a lot of money at the game since skins are the one actual scumbag tactic the game engages in.

Details are to come next week, but they did post this a couple of day ago to tease the set, and it looks like one of the new red or green legendary units has an incredibly nasty ability to allow you to spam your Hero Arts by removing the cooldown while they are on the field.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
1169050.jpg

Unfortunately, they seem to be done with making heroes for now, but if they do what they did with the last expansion, Ryu seems like a lock for a premium skin for one of the other characters, though that will mean throwing a lot of money at the game since skins are the one actual scumbag tactic the game engages in.

ezgif-2-0b722db245b9.gif

Last edited:

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty cool seeing Monster Hunter Riders represented in Teppen!

I currently mod one of the few english discord communities for the game and have been playing it for about a year and a half

Anyways I have yet to try Teppen but I've kept my eye on it since release. What do people think of it?

PS. The Breath of Fire callback is PAINFUL! Make another BOF Capcom! We can pretend BOF6 never existed!

Pretty cool seeing Monster Hunter Riders represented in Teppen!

I currently mod one of the few english discord communities for the game and have been playing it for about a year and a half

Anyways I have yet to try Teppen but I've kept my eye on it since release. What do people think of it?
It's a real fun card game that clearly loves all of the franchises inside of it, and the shift to the expansions having story elements that began with the Felyne expansion has been a great addition to the game, be it in fun ways like Felyne "writing" all of the flavor text for that expansion, or the last expansion turning out to be an Ace Attorney case for players to solve.

BasilZero

Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I don't know whether to be horrified or disappointed

Going from a classic series to a MMO mobile and now to a card game

OdjnRyu

Nov 8, 2017
I don't know whether to be horrified or disappointed

Going from a classic series to a MMO mobile and now to a card game

Considering Breath of Fire rarely ever gets represented in crossovers like this, I think this is a relieving announcement.

I mean, think of all the opportunities where BoF could've been used, but wasn't:

- Marvel vs. Capcom 1 - 3 + Infinite (UMvC3 does have Heroes & Heralds BoF cards, at least)
- Namco x Capcom
- Tatsunoko vs. Capcom
- Project X Zone
- Project X Zone 2
- Crossover DLC in other Capcom games (besides SFV, which got the BoF2 Katt costume & music)