• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So, any real info beyond this tweet and the actor retweeting it?

Also, I know it's kind of tradition to have on screen actors have roles, but god damn I would just prefer trained voice actors instead. Stand outs are rare, and usually because they already have voice acting experience (like Hamill and Nemoy) or outright replaced like Billy Zane.

There have been a LOT more misses, like KH1 Aerith and Sephiroth (Both replaced in KH2 after they were given ACTUAL voice actors for Advent Children), and, I'd argue, David Boreanz (this is a bit more subjective - I like the sound of his voice as Squall, but I noticed his delivery kinda sucked when I replayed it at an older age).

Aqua and Terra's voices was awful in BBS (Terra seemed better in the BBS secret ending, and Aqua sounds a lot better in 0.2, but still not as good as a proper voice actor would deliver the lines). Sucks, they're my two favourite characters, too.

s y

Nov 8, 2017
how isn't it? Drake Bell retweeted it.
Going by the replies in this thread, it seems this was known?

Why is a YouTuber announcing this?

Why isn't any of the KH social media accountsr retweetingannouncing this?

It's just strange that a tweet from a YouTube is taken as an announcement.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
qhlPa8p.gif

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Going by the replies in this thread, it seems this was known?

Why is a YouTube announcing this?

Why isn't any of the KH social media
retweeting/announcing this?

It wasn't known, but heavily suspected since that trailer was released. He's got a very distinctive voice. But there's no way this random Youtuber had inside information (and she's definitely not going to that event everyone's talking about).

SE seems to think nobody care about VAs anyway; they would never confirm it publicly. The last time they did that was for BBS because of Mark Hamill and Leonard Nimoy.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why is a YouTube announcing this?

Possibly because Youtubers are seemingly the first to be invited for hands on of KH3 by SE. There are a handful of Youtubers who have revealed they're gonna be able to play it, but not a peep out of actual known publications.

That being said, I dunno who this specific youtuber is, or if she's one of the ones invited by SE. I also don't know if the youtbers already had their hands-on, thought it would be later. Closest thing to "corroboration" is Bell retweeting it...But I'd like another actual source, specifically from SE themselves or a publication.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Possibly because Youtubers are seemingly the first to be invited for hands on of KH3 by SE. There are a handful of Youtubers who have revealed they're gonna be able to play it, but not a peep out of actual known publications.

These sort of things are usually not publicized.

That being said, I dunno who this specific youtuber is, or if she's one of the ones invited by SE. I also don't know if the youtbers already had their hands-on, thought it would be later. Closest thing to "corroboration" is Bell retweeting it...But I'd like another actual source, specifically from SE themselves or a publication.

The event hasn't taken place yet.

Deleted member 511

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh okay. I'm not bothered by the choice but it always seemed liked they always aimed to get actors who were 'in' at the time for the younger characters (HJO, Jesse McCartney, etc.).

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
So someone doesn't like a voice actor choice... And they decide to spam his dick as a show of dislike?

Um.

FPX

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These sort of things are usually not publicized.
I don't doubt publications were invited too, just making note that Youtubers are the only confirmation, in case someone wanted a more "official" source on incoming hands on.

Also, Bell RT'd another tweet linking the beginning of the english E3 trailer from like, 2015 or something:

PJ6S5.png

s y

Nov 8, 2017

This guy got invited to play KH3 so I'm guessing this is apart of their breifing or something.

doodlebob

Mar 11, 2018
Bruh I thought it was dope that Hamill and Nimoy voiced them. Made BBS much cooler.

I hope old Eraqus/Hamill shows up still. Nimoy's gone unfortunately...

Aadiboy

Nov 4, 2017
More like a "a washed up kids star that has problematic views and has his nudes leaked is voicing a major character in a Disney franchise"

Not that I care, truth be told, but people is messy.
Kingdom Hearts is filled with washed-up kids stars. Maybe not so much with nudes leaked, but I'm guessing that was after he was hired.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that modern Drake Bell is not a great person. Multiple DUIs, deadnaming Caitlyn Jenner, and his latest attempt at writing a hit song was, uh...this.

Far as I can tell Josh is still clean though.