Votes: 15 1.9%

• Total voters

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
GET UP AND FIGHT AUBREYYYYYY
j6mU54.gif

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
"I'm sorry that I live a boring life, I love peace But war-ready if the world is ready to see you bleed "

God damn. He's like bitch this is just my calling.

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
Cars 3 released June 16th 2017

wIIiw84.png

This is implying Drake is lightning McQueen and Kendrick is Jackson Storm. Drake's time is up, and Kendrick is finally taking the crown

GP7Cwl.gif

snake2531

Oct 28, 2017
The layer upon layer of meaning between bars in both disses has me excited to read this thread the same way a new Kojima trailer gets me hyped. Kendrick feels like the music industry's Kojima at this point lol.

DealWithIt

Oct 28, 2017
Q.

Drake responds > Kendrick comes back with the info he has, it amounts to BBL/abs, ghostwriting, millie brown, being corny with women or other lame things Drake does publicly. Would you consider that a Kendrick W?

You're agreeing with me.

The bars where he attacks Drake as a rapper are pristine. But as you said, the majority of this song is just about inducing paranoia. Lame.
He already said how he feels about it.

Trying to get dirt on n-

Ya'll think my life is rap?

Thats hoe shit i got a son to raise
Agree to disagree, but it's not about the dirt it's about the way it's conveyed.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
It's funny how Drake is always meme-ing, but Kendrick has all his fans do the meme-ing for him

LTG

Nov 4, 2017
It's so cathartic seeing the gradual shift of some people's reaction to euphoria.

First it was the lyrics were weak , then it was it can't be played in the club, then it was it can't be played on repeat, then it was it's good but not anything more, now it's somehow Kendrick is winning the beef.

Also, a lot of people are jumping in on 6:16 with the mindset of having to think whilst listening.

LYRICISM HAS WON

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Q.

Drake responds > Kendrick comes back with the info he has, it amounts to BBL/abs, ghostwriting, millie brown, being corny with women or other lame things Drake does publicly. Would you consider that a Kendrick W?

We don't know if that's all the info Kendrick has, that's just an assumption on your part. Kendrick basically tells us he has more information

"I can double down on that line, but spare you this time, that's random acts of kindness
Know you a master manipulator and habitual liar too
But don't tell no lie about me and I won't tell truths 'bout you"

This combined with him saying "We can take it further" like I quoted all but confirms this isn't *everything* he has.

With the lens of this being a warning shot, it makes a lot more sense. Him following up and saying "And by the way, it's your circle that I'm getting this information from, you can't trust them." also makes sense. It isn't particularly vicious but it isn't weak either, imo.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
idk why but I can't help but think of the All According to Keikaku meme but it's just all according to 6:16 (translaters note 6:16 means literally everything)

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
"It's time you look around on who's around you, before you figure out that you're not alone, Ask what Mike would do"

Looks up 'You Are Not Alone' by Michael Jackson

View: https://imgur.com/ujMEzgh

Wikipedia said:
An R&B ballad, "You Are Not Alone" was written by fellow American singer-songwriter R. Kelly for Jackson in response to difficult times in his own personal life. Kelly sent a demo tape to Jackson, who liked the song and decided to produce it with him in his Chicago studio.

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
Who cares what information they have on each other, that ain't what rap beef's about. It's about exposing the other person's character and breaking that down into shambles. Idk why people are so focused on "he didn't say anything new" like that even matters.

Vipershark

Oct 28, 2017
Who cares what information they have on each other, that ain't what rap beef's about. It's about exposing the other person's character and breaking that down into shambles. Idk why people are so focused on "he didn't say anything new" like that even matters.
If all you can do is repeat what every other rapper has said, you're not doing much to win the beef.

coldsagging

AVALANCHE
Oct 27, 2017
It's so cathartic seeing the gradual shift of some people's reaction to euphoria.

First it was the lyrics were weak , then it was it can't be played in the club, then it was it can't be played on repeat, then it was it's good but not anything more, now it's somehow Kendrick is winning the beef.

Also, a lot of people are jumping in on 6:16 with the mindset of having to think whilst listening.

LYRICISM HAS WON
I was deeping it earlier that we've got the 2 biggest rap artists in the world going back and forth with full fat bars, especially on Kendricks side. Just an incredible time to be invested in this shit.

I'll clown Drake, but I'll forever give him his props for sticking his neck out there and taking the L. We should all thank him for his sacrifice.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
im sorry drake gotta come back and drop the heart part 6 at this point idk

THIS MAN TOOK YOUR TIMESTAMP RECORD AUBREEYYYYYY

est1992

Oct 27, 2017
If all you can do is repeat what every other rapper has said, you're not doing much to win the beef.
None of the other people that dissed Drake have dissected his character in the way Kendrick has. That's what makes him different.

Expecting some new bombshell every time someone drops a diss is dumb. You can only have so many secrets.

riotous

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle
Gossip has always been at least part of rap beef but I feel like it can get really corny for lack of a better word. Still confused why Drake having a kid is the basis for people thinking the Pusha stuff was so amazing. "Hiding" a kid? Since when did rappers announce their children to the world? lol

I really dislike Drakes music either way.

They are casuals lol, very few disses have new info. Did they think Jay saying nas wasn't street and wrote about other people life was new ?

sonicmj1

Oct 25, 2017
Q.

You're agreeing with me.

The bars where he attacks Drake as a rapper are pristine. But as you said, the majority of this song is just about inducing paranoia. Lame.

Obviously all is a question of taste and what hits right for you. I'd agree that if Kendrick says he can take things further, Drake responds effectively and goes lower (talking about his wife, his sex life, his kids, whatever), and Kendrick doesn't have something beyond what he's already discussed in Euphoria, that'd be weak. Empty threats make you look bad. That's how I see what Drake's been doing so far, and you might disagree.

Paranoia isn't a saucy angle, but it's potentially effective; Pusha T hit hard with that angle against YMCMB in Exodus 23:1 ("Them n- ain't dyin' for ya"). It's an existing sore spot for Drake for the reasons you mentioned about Adidon, but that haven't been directly raised in the feud. It's also a way of adding credibility to his threat (people in your circle hate you and they want to see me beat you so they're feeding me info) and removing credibility from Drake's threat (you paid for dirt on me but came back with no receipts; there's no bomb you can drop on me). It's also another way to undermine Drake's street bona fides by implying that nobody has his back because he's lame and unlikeable.

I think this hits better and I find it believable because it's happened before. It suggests Drake hasn't learned anything from last time. I don't need everything to be new as long as it's well-constructed and builds a compelling narrative.