• Meet The Grahams

Votes: 123 20.2%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 238 39.1%
  • Other

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
Mar 3, 2018
I'm not gonna lie, this shit was some, some good exercise, like it's good to get out, get the pen workin'

IMG-5620.jpg

had to go back and look at this comment again…still makes me howl. You should get a tag for this. Thank you for your service.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
reddit zoomed it in and it's slightly different
alright

LMAO

The Robin minor line made me laugh like a crazy person.
The way he says "I should be home" after that line was funny as hell too.
someone looked up the crypto address and it shows he was sent 600k yesterday already - dude is just hard core scamming idiots methinks.
600k was sent?
Drake calls himself the 6 god.
SEAQbmi.gif

Oct 30, 2017

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Shoutout to the Drake stans who can't see when a white flag's being raised. Those dudes are cooked. Good luck to yall.

As for Kenny, I'm waiting on that June album. Please drop it near my birthday.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Shoutout to the Drake stans who can't see when a white flag's being raised. Those dudes are cooked. Good luck to yall.

As for Kenny, I'm waiting on that June album. Please drop it near my birthday.

Part of it is thanks to Drake himself. He raised the white flag but painted a "W" on it like he won or something. That Instagram story today just feeds into it.

Mariachi507

Oct 26, 2017
The single best thing to come out of this beef for me has just shown itself in the past few days. I completely slept on Mr. Morale. At the time it hit, I hadn't been keeping up with modern music for a while, let alone hip hop. I'd been spending years diving into the past with artist(s) like Sabbath, Rush, New Order, Prince, Stevie, and so forth. It's like I overdosed on the past and fucked my brain up. I had heard the album when it dropped, but it wasn't what I wanted at the time sound wise.

All these new K Dot diss tracks made me realize I hadn't listened to his work in a while. Then, it also made me realize that I never gave Mr. Morale the time an artist like Kendrick deserves. I remember liking United in Grief, and could remember We Cry Together and Auntie Diaries. That's it. I didn't think the album was bad, but did think it was a slight misfire with good intentions. I FUCKED UP.

It's easily on par with his run of albums leading up to it. I'm not sure what I was hearing two years ago, but I know I was hearing wrong. The minimalist production is so meticulously crafted to the point where a simple melody line or dirty synth bass electrifies the track. It's like being thirsty for those moments, but not dehydrated. I'm basically in love with the bass track in Rich Spirit, it's so simple but doesn't sound as such. Another sonic highlight is Purple Hearts. Kendrick is the king of beat switches, but here he rides it out much longer than he usually does. It works thanks to subtle additions and the incredible vocals, it's like a conversation between the track and vocals that's slowly escalates to a crescendo. God, I love music. The sonic characteristics of the album are perfectly married to the therapeutic theme of the songs.

I still have to digest the second half of the album to know how it really stands in his discography. At the least, it stands right beside his incredible run prior to it. Kendrick don't miss.

And I might get another album from him this year!

OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
As a mr morale "truther" for the last 2 years, and fucking loves it. Posts like the one above make me happy

crienne

Oct 25, 2017
The single best thing to come out of this beef for me has just shown itself in the past few days. I completely slept on Mr. Morale. At the time it hit, I hadn't been keeping up with modern music for a while, let alone hip hop. I'd been spending years diving into the past with artist(s) like Sabbath, Rush, New Order, Prince, Stevie, and so forth. It's like I overdosed on the past and fucked my brain up. I had heard the album when it dropped, but it wasn't what I wanted at the time sound wise.

All these new K Dot diss tracks made me realize I hadn't listened to his work in a while. Then, it also made me realize that I never gave Mr. Morale the time an artist like Kendrick deserves. I remember liking United in Grief, and could remember We Cry Together and Auntie Diaries. That's it. I didn't think the album was bad, but did think it was a slight misfire with good intentions. I FUCKED UP.

It's easily on par with his run of albums leading up to it. I'm not sure what I was hearing two years ago, but I know I was hearing wrong. The minimalist production is so meticulously crafted to the point where a simple melody line or dirty synth bass electrifies the track. It's like being thirsty for those moments, but not dehydrated. I'm basically in love with the bass track in Rich Spirit, it's so simple but doesn't sound as such. Another sonic highlight is Purple Hearts. Kendrick is the king of beat switches, but here he rides it out much longer than he usually does. It works thanks to subtle additions and the incredible vocals, it's like a conversation between the track and vocals that's slowly escalates to a crescendo. God, I love music. The sonic characteristics of the album are perfectly married to the therapeutic theme of the songs.

I still have to digest the second half of the album to know how it really stands in his discography. At the least, it stands right beside his incredible run prior to it. Kendrick don't miss.

And I might get another album from him this year!

Man, I really need to revisit that album since I had the same initial thoughts and haven't returned to it since.

I also want to just front-to-back Dot's discography to see if my current rankings change at all.

For reference:
GKMC
TPAB
DAMN.
Section 80
Untitled Unmastered
Mr. Morale

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
Just checked the Spotify charts.

Looks like Not Like Us is back at #1 while that Post Malone song is taking a tumble.

Trey

Oct 25, 2017
You always gotta give Kendrick albums a half dozen spins before the artistry really comes together and the meta discussion matures enough for all the links to elevate the greater work

He'll sprinkle just enough bangers and evocative lines in there to keep it superficially and sonically interesting, but the real treat of his music are the layers. Man don't do shit on accident or coincidence

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The Heart part 6 was a white flag
This IG post is a 2nd white flag. Drake fans on Reddit still arguing that Drake is gonna keep this going

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
They downplayed TPAB and Mr. Morale, they downplayed his Pulitzer, they downplayed his offline lifestyle, they downplayed his community support, and they downplayed his crown.

IMG-5625.gif

DON'T COME AT K-DOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE NEXT TIME.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
right from the jump I appreciated the artistry in what kendrick was doing with mr. morale. not all people could be as revealing/introspective/vulnerable as he was on that and to tackle some of the subject matter that he did. it wasn't exactly music that you'll put on all the time, but it was powerful enough on initial listen. just having the confidence to put something like that out there said a lot about how he's approaching things at this time in his career. he takes his craft seriously.

kendrick being able to come in and potentially shift the culture himself would be impressive, if he does follow through this summer.