Oct 25, 2017
e655f6d9c725379aa87053ea5f67420f.png
Lmaoo

Davidion

Charitable King
Oct 27, 2017
literally no one is asking for more

man needs a hobby

I got friends from professional circles, nerdy Asian folks who don't listen to hip hop, some not even much non-Asian music, starting to ask questions. Some of my whiter friends - good people but not jacked into hip hop - going from looking at me weird for laughing at Kendrick drops to posting Drake memes. This is ALL in the last 36 hours

I think they might want more.

Not me tho, not getting anything out this AT ALL

Nope

Crazyorloco

Dec 12, 2017
I think drake should just concede. Own up to what he's done and work on growing up. Take a two year vacation.

jwhit28

Oct 25, 2017
There is a world where Kendrick retired Andre 3k style. Drake might have saved us from that.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
My respect for J Cole has only grown after this. My guy realized his mistake early, and had the grace to back out. Kendrick is simply on another level.

ash32121

Oct 27, 2017
Man, this weekend is so good that i wonder if I ever gonna get this high from a beef like this again

hydrophilic attack

Corrupted by Vengeance
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
It's not clear.

You can reasonably point to the period after Kendrick's feature verse on "Control" in 2013, where he challenged (but didn't diss) basically every major rap artist active at the time, including Drake, as the point where their working relationship basically ended. That episode is described in this Genius annotation.

That said, the way things have escalated there's clearly more going on and it likely isn't any single event that led to this level of animosity. It almost certainly has more to do with behind the scenes stuff than anything anyone said on a record. I think it's telling the way a lot of former Drake collaborators have rallied around Kendrick and Future/Metro, but that's just a guess.
that verse in control seems like a silly thing to go all blood feud over. but i guess, like you say, there's more going on behind the scenes

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Bros my mom got back from church and asked what rapper is a pedo because the ladies were talking about it at 7am.

7am! Most of us on the west coast were asleep and these old Mexican ladies were talking about Drake being a pedo.

This beef is different lol

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Kendrick expanded my stomach and now I'm hungry again 😩 not even 24hrs and I'm in need of another 🙏

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017
literally no one is asking for more

man needs a hobby
You literally were asking for Drake to sue him for defamation...

I get it, you're a fan. It can't be fun for you seeing him get cooked alive (I love every second of it, personally).

But if the shit Kendrick is saying is true (which I honestly think it is), why the hell would you want to be on Drake's camp???

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
So I am totally an outsider on this and just really fascinated by this whole thing, but just one thing I'm curious about is that Signifier said that one of the original criticisms of Drake that is being echoed now is the "Colonizer" aspect. As someone who again isn't as familiar but curious, where is that specific criticism derived from?
He uses his Blackness for clout. But he's closer to a white guy, cause he was raised by a white mother while his Black dad wasn't anywhere around. Which isn't his fault. I blame his father.

If you're Black, and you're gonna have a child by a white woman, you need to be in that child's life to school them about Blackness. Otherwise you get someone like Drake. Who's only Black when it's convenient. He uses the culture while not fully understanding it.

Bengraven