Votes: 141 19.0%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 305 41.1%
  • Other

Votes: 14 1.9%

• Total voters

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
If it really comes out he has a daughter I think his career is over. It very well could be over as he knew it right now but him getting caught in a lie here would be the nail in the coffin.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
if the fake info thing was true, drake would easily have been able to leak DMs or whatever of how he did it

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If it really comes out he has a daughter I think his career is over. It very well could be over as he knew it right now but him getting caught in a lie here would be the nail in the coffin.
Honestly I disagree. I think most of the casual audience doesn't care about that. It's this pedophile stuff that will definitely be the end. If it keeps being brought up and more people look into it.

DatManOvaDer

Oct 25, 2017
The issue is that the planted stuff was always going to be largely irrelevant. The pedo angle, the colonizer angle, the identity crisis angle, the ghostwriter angle, the bad parent angle - none of that stuff goes away by revealing that Kendrick bit on fake news. Because these are flaws that have already been following Drake around.

Drake needed to go on the offensive clowning Kendrick about… something. There's no way to make a good diss track about a how your opponent used a little bit of false info. The audience will never factor in how well a rapper fact checks before dropping a diss.
The problem is that Drake just couldn't go on anything. As the public sees him, Kendrick is a good person. He hasn't had any known beef with people besides Drake, he gives back to his city, is humble, etc. The only thing to do is to play off of what he's already spoken on in Mr Morale but Kendrick already did that. You can't really lie and push a crazy allegation because of both how the world sees Kendrick and how Drake is seen. It's just instantly wrote off.

He needed to just focus on doing a super catchy club banger. It was his only possible route

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, but the way I know the "planted info" shit is fake news is because if it WERE true, Drake would have gone ALL IN on that shit.

Because that would have been the point. There's no point otherwise.

Instead he relegated to one bar in a mid track.

It's giving Drake logged into Twitter, read his fans' copium, and went with that.

Yeah. If he actually masterminded a plant, showing the receipts would have been his coup de grace that was a chaser to the Family Matters media rollout. But he had nothing, nothing other than Twitter copium.

And he's still probably worried he has a mole.

Nordicus

Oct 29, 2017
Finland
if the fake info thing was true, drake would easily have been able to leak DMs or whatever of how he did it
And even if it wasn't true, it still wouldn't have taken any time at all to create fake DMs about it. Perception is everything, as we've seen Drake throw claims about Dave Free and about domestic abuse without anything real to back it up.

If that play wasn't in the cards, then either he's even dumber than I thought, or that crosses a very specific line for him, or he can't trust anyone to do the image-editing without someone leaking.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I've said multiple times that it's practically impossible to prove or disprove any of the allegations levied against either person. But "we planted that", it's the easiest thing in the world to do. Show the steps to plant it, have a song ready for when the info is bit on, record something with the fake mole talking to someone in the other camp.

There are so many options to prove that what you said is true, and you didn't do any of them. The man that literally found a GKMC look-a-like van down to the color and crushed it couldn't take a screenshot of the DM?

Stooooooop

fulltimepanda

Oct 28, 2017
the fake info stuff feels like such a middle school way to try to discredit and win points back lol

if he actually could prove it and did anything meaningful with it it'd be different but as it is it's just so 'nuh uh... and ackshuallly....'

Just Great

Oct 25, 2017
Why did Drake think antagonising Kendrick was a good idea? Did he really like, think Kendrick wouldn't say anything?

Drake is clearly a total narcissist. He thought he'd control the narrative like he did with Meek and that nothing Kendrick said would stick, because Drake is one of the biggest artists in the world and these allegations about him hadn't stuck before. He viewed Story of Adidon as a fluke and not something that showed how many weak spots were in his castle walls.

It was just hubris.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
There's no way that Drake doesnt have a daughter.
The thing is if he said that Kendrick was making shit up, I would've believed almost, but when he came for the "we planted the info" angle, that just reeks of bullshit. So if he's lying about that, than obviously the daughter exists. Otherwise, why not just tell the truth and say: "whos making up lies now".
The track came out and he immediately went on the defensive, through ig stories.
If Kendrick fell for the fake info, surely you have the upper hand and can easily disprove it, maybe even incorporate your proof in your next track. But no, full defensive mode, insta stories and DMing Akademics.

But the one thing that makes me think that he's full of shit is... Why da fuck would you plant that info. Assuming that it's true, what would you gain by making Kendrick think you have a 2nd hidden child, how does that benefit you? Surely if you had someone that could feed Kendrick fake info, you would find a better use for it.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017

That's ridiculous. I mean, whatever if he has a bunch of kids. As was the case with the Pusha T reveal, the child angle was part of attacking his character and sort of an uno reverse on him mentioning Pusha's fiancee/family. Pusha called him a 2nd generation deadbeat and Kendrick's was this sicko needs to be a better example to his kid/s.

In all likelihood he's probably Nick Cannon/Future status but with for more liberal use of NDAs. He doesn't want that aura though. At the very least the amount of abortions he financed has to be something like the GDP of a small country

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
That's ridiculous. I mean, whatever if he has a bunch of kids. As was the case with the Pusha T reveal, the child angle was part of attacking his character and sort of an uno reverse on him mentioning Pusha's fiancee/family. Pusha called him a 2nd generation deadbeat and Kendrick's was this sicko needs to be a better example to his kid/s.

In all likelihood he's probably Nick Cannon/Future status but with for more liberal use of NDAs. He doesn't want that aura though. At the very least the amount of abortions he financed has to be something like the GDP of a small country
Sure, but I think the implication is more that "if Kendrick was telling the truth about that, them what else was he telling the truth about?"

Which probably wouldn't sink him, but it'd do real damage

Jan 15, 2019
There's no way that Drake doesnt have a daughter.
The thing is if he said that Kendrick was making shit up, I would've believed almost, but when he came for the "we planted the info" angle, that just reeks of bullshit. So if he's lying about that, than obviously the daughter exists. Otherwise, why not just tell the truth and say: "whos making up lies now".
The track came out and he immediately went on the defensive, through ig stories.
If Kendrick fell for the fake info, surely you have the upper hand and can easily disprove it, maybe even incorporate your proof in your next track. But no, full defensive mode, insta stories and DMing Akademics.

But the one thing that makes me think that he's full of shit is... Why da fuck would you plant that info. Assuming that it's true, what would you gain by making Kendrick think you have a 2nd hidden child, how does that benefit you? Surely if you had someone that could feed Kendrick fake info, you would find a better use for it.

As a bunch of others have said, the entire reason a person would go through a scheme like that is precisely so they can show the evidence after the fact that the other person fell for it. There's no other upside to going through the effort of doing it. It's like if Ashton Kutcher tried making Punk'd without a camera crew. Without being able to point to a cameraman as proof that it's all a prank, he's just going to get beat up.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Why did Drake think antagonising Kendrick was a good idea? Did he really like, think Kendrick wouldn't say anything?

because he's exactly what Kendrick says he is. Drake didn't respect Kendrick's place in the culture because Drake is not really of the culture. Drake assumed that because he was the biggest rap artist of all time, he'd win. The numbers were on his side so he assumed the culture was also on his side.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that Drake just couldn't go on anything. As the public sees him, Kendrick is a good person. He hasn't had any known beef with people besides Drake, he gives back to his city, is humble, etc. The only thing to do is to play off of what he's already spoken on in Mr Morale but Kendrick already did that. You can't really lie and push a crazy allegation because of both how the world sees Kendrick and how Drake is seen. It's just instantly wrote off.

He needed to just focus on doing a super catchy club banger. It was his only possible route

He could have just kept it to rap. He made it personal, when he's the easiest target for attacks on character. A rap battle doesn't need to be about crazy revelations and digging up dirt.

How would this change the fact that he's getting bodied by all of the other shit Kendrick is saying about him?

Honestly, I think it's quite likely that Drake's team floated misinformation. But proving that they floated fake information doesn't help him win the rap battle in any way. It's just a stupid side story.

People keep acting like having receipts of planting would have been some diss record kill shot. It wouldn't. He'd still have to deal with being called a deadbeat, pedo colonizer. And the worst thing he'd have on Kendrick is "lol you really thought I had a daughter"

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
he made a whole ass video for family matters but didn't think to record a few seconds of footage of them proving they planted. Could have been an easy kill shot, but it's obviously bullshit.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
As a bunch of others have said, the entire reason a person would go through a scheme like that is precisely so they can show the evidence after the fact that the other person fell for it. There's no other upside to going through the effort of doing it. It's like if Ashton Kutcher tried making Punk'd without a camera crew. Without being able to point to a cameraman as proof that it's all a prank, he's just going to get beat up.
Exactly, but in this case the prank makes the prankster look bad. Like, what was Drake gonna do if the fake info was true. Is he gonna go "Aahaha, gotcha! I'm not actually hiding a 2nd child, it was just that first one. I guess I won this beef Kendrick. Good warm up, cheers". and ride off into the sunset?

someone posted a video of ross performing, and it legit looking like 30 people at a mall lol
people are saying Drake bought all the tickets, similar to what Chris Brown did to Quavo a couple of weeks ago.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Sure, but I think the implication is more that "if Kendrick was telling the truth about that, them what else was he telling the truth about?"

Which probably wouldn't sink him, but it'd do real damage

For sure but there's this weird focus on him having a second or even multiple kids. It's not a massive blow. Just some ordinary tabloid gossip. This man got called a pedo multiple times, who gives a damn if he has more kids than what we're aware of. I say that but that was the major takeaway from MTG online even though Kendrick went and told every member of his family this man is a piece of shit.

The only thing that'll damage him is proof of the diddling accusations and tbh I think that's going to stay behind the veil of entertainment industry fuckery even if it is real.

Era Uma Vez

Feb 5, 2020
For sure but there's this weird focus on him having a second or even multiple kids. It's not a massive blow. Just some ordinary tabloid gossip. This man got called a pedo multiple times, who gives a damn if he has more kids than what we're aware of. I say that but that was the major takeaway from MTG online even though Kendrick went and told every member of his family this man is a piece of shit.

The only thing that'll damage him is proof of the diddling accusations and tbh I think that's going to stay behind the veil of entertainment industry fuckery even if it is real.
Like others have said, it's not him hiding a child from the public. Its him having one and not claiming it. Which I think means purposely being out of their lifes, refusing to aknowledge her/meet her. He probably sends a check every month and in exchange he doesnt have to know anything about her and the poor kid will probably not know who her father is. Something like this.
So yes, him being a pedo is the most fucked up accusation, but the other angle also paints him as complete piece of shit.

construct

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Jun 5, 2020
東京
How would this change the fact that he's getting bodied by all of the other shit Kendrick is saying about him?
it doesn't, never said it does? if i was drake though i would be trying to back up any claims i could because i'm getting bodied to try and throw in real seeds to cause any doubt i could

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
it doesn't, never said it does? if i was drake though i would be trying to back up any claims i could because i'm getting bodied to try and throw in real seeds to cause any doubt i could
There's a very legitimate OVO insider I've seen online who said that after MTG dropped Drake changed phones, wiped access to a bunch of group chats, and started communicating only with close staff via walkie talkie

Last edited:

Steven

Oct 27, 2017

Honestly, I think it's quite likely that Drake's team floated misinformation. But proving that they floated fake information doesn't help him win the rap battle in any way. It's just a stupid side story
I disagree with this quite a bit. Proving that he floated fake information *and* that Kendrick bit on it does one huge thing: It suddenly shifts doubt towards Kendrick. if he bit on fake information, can we trust a lot of the other things Kendrick is saying? Sure, the other stuff in MtG is scathing, but it stings a lot less when we know one of the verses is based on completely falsified info that Kendrick bit on. Suddenly, 6:16 in LA becomes a lot worse when Kendrick asserts that OVO is working for Kendrick and that Drake can't trust people.

The team definitely didn't float any misinformation. If they did and it worked, it would be a huge W for Drake and he'd have been parading something that makes Kendrick look stupid. Instead, he's just been quiet. In fact, if he had proof and dropped it immediately following Meet the Grahams, it would have taken all of the sails out of MtG. Instead, it was allowed to gain so much momentum which lead right into Not Like Us.

Drake has been completely played. The Heart Part 6 was just sad damage control.

Helel

Oct 27, 2017
I disagree with this quite a bit. Proving that he floated fake information *and* that Kendrick bit on it does one huge thing: It suddenly shifts doubt towards Kendrick. if he bit on fake information, can we trust a lot of the other things Kendrick is saying? Sure, the other stuff in MtG is scathing, but it stings a lot less when we know one of the verses is based on completely falsified info that Kendrick bit on. Suddenly, 6:16 in LA becomes a lot worse when Kendrick asserts that OVO is working for Kendrick and that Drake can't trust people.

The team definitely didn't float any misinformation. If he did and it worked, it would be a huge W for Drake and he'd have been parading something that makes Kendrick look stupid. Instead, he's just been quiet. In fact, if he had proof and dropped it immediately following Meet the Grahams, it would have taken all of the sails out of MtG. Instead, it was allowed to gain so much momentum which lead right into Not Like Us.

Drake has been completely played. The Heart Part 6 was just sad damage control.

Yep. Can you imagine how insane it would've been if Drake dropped ANOTHER track right after meet the grahams proving he was feeding false info?

That would've been fucking bonkers.

I wish it was real just to see how crazy the internet would've been. Lmao

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
Yep. Can you imagine how insane it would've been if Drake dropped ANOTHER track right after meet the grahams proving he was feeding false info?

That would've been fucking bonkers.

I wish it was real just to see how crazy the internet would've been. Lmao
It would have been crazy and a huge momentum shift for Drake. Even if musically Kendrick was winning, from a strategy perspective, Drake would be up by a huge margin. It probably would've shifted Kendrick's strategy entierly, and maybe we never hear Not Like Us.

Since Kendrick is a maniac with the pen, I have no doubt he would have followed up with something different and switched strategies, but the complexion of this whole thing would look so different if Drake was actually smart lmao

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
There's a very legitimate OVO insider I've seen online who said that after MTG dropped Drake changed phones, wiped access to a bunch of group chats, and started communicating with only close staff via walkie talkie
Which would make sense when Kai got the green after Heart Part 6. If Drake switched phones he wouldn't have his knew one.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Ego and respect.

Ego: Drake has always felt a way about that Control verse and did everything he could to send shots and downplay it. He hates that it earned Kendrick respect from fans and fellow artists alike. He's the only guy named in that song who thought it was a diss and the only person that took it seriously that Kendrick was saying "fuck everyone else". He's been sending subs and direct shots for the better part of a decade off that so that disdain festered.

Respect: Drake craves it. He wants to be see as one of the greats of all time amongst his peers. He thinks the way to get that is to put up numbers but Kendrick is always in the conversation despite not putting out even half of Drake's work. So when he drops the Big 3 line, Drake is once again taken back to the Control verse while also hating how much Kendrick is being talked about in all the spaces of Hip Hop. Inevitably it becomes a question that always permeates the conversation: who's the best right now? Drake wants people to feel like its him and despite all the legions of fans and talking heads that would say him, it's not the crowd he REALLY covets. The crowd that lost all respect for him, in his eyes, by "running" from Pusha. So he thought the only way to get it back was to come at *that* crowds "King".

Ego: Drake didn't lose because he was out rapped or for being the lesser MC, he lost because the other guy had juicy dirt on him. Everyone praised Pusha for it, it's being talked about as one of the best disses of all time...surely it's because of the tea. So Drake drops Push Ups with some surface level stuff for Kendrick then Taylor Made Freestyle to bait ANY type of response for him because he's waiting with the tea AND he'll out rap Kendrick, there's no way he can lose. He even did a bit of B-Rabbit with the "you like young girls" stuff on Taylor Made to take any wind out of a response that uses that.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Not Like Us is just an amazing track lol. With Kendrick I just assume that there's always layers to his madness and I think this was an amalgamation of "I'ma roast your ass" and "oh I only make conscious shit?" Probably a bunch of other things too. I also think back to the end of Push Ups when he's taunting Kdot. No way that he saw this shit coming 🤣😂😂. Kdot merked him on tracks that feel so different and far apart from one another.

Drake mocks Kendrick's Grammy wins and Kendrick's fanbase. All while gloating about his mega hit singles and how he could play the conscious game but chooses not to *surejan.gif*.

Meanwhile, Kendrick has demonstrated that he has a ton of variety and that includes some conscious shit and some bangers with all in between. As an artist I think he's far more versatile than Drake and this beef demonstrates just that with how different Kendrick's tracks have been.

Not Like Us is a fucking banger and broke streaming records. It's not some conscious Grammy bait or whatever Drake's and his fans would call it. It's exactly more along the lines of the type of music Drake says he prefers to make. Then Kendrick just drops it like, "oh you think I can't make shit that rides hard like this? Ok I'ma do that, AND call you a pedo the entire track and have the club bumping to it all summer." It's just fucking wild.

I come out of it thinking the same way I came in; Kendrick probably could rap on club beats all day but he makes the music he wants to make. Drake I think has his team and makes what he wants, but if the fate of humanity was on him making something like TPAB, it was nice knowing y'all I guess.

Wonder if Dre regrets making Game a thing.
He should.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
I come out of it thinking the same way I came in; Kendrick probably could rap on club beats all day but he makes the music he wants to make. Drake I think has his team and makes what he wants, but if the fate of humanity was on him making something like TPAB, it was nice knowing y'all I guess.

I think it was Professor Skye who said that Drake doesn't have the emotional maturity to do something like Mr. Morale and that has stuck with me since I heard it. Drake is essentially locked in arrested development as he continues to wade through life as a mental teenager. He's likely never had to do any serious self-reflection or introspection, he's just trying to live the rap life that you'd imagine a 14 year old would think entails.

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
If Drake dropped his version of 4:44 I'd genuinely be shocked

I don't think that man has it in him at all

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I think it was Professor Skye who said that Drake doesn't have the emotional maturity to do something like Mr. Morale and that has stuck with me since I heard it. Drake is essentially locked in arrested development as he continues to wade through life as a mental teenager. He's likely never had to do any serious self-reflection or introspection, he's just trying to live the rap life that you'd imagine a 14 year old would think entails.
Yup, and what makes this more insane is that he's pushing 40...

Jan 15, 2019
It would have been crazy and a huge momentum shift for Drake. Even if musically Kendrick was winning, from a strategy perspective, Drake would be up by a huge margin. It probably would've shifted Kendrick's strategy entierly, and maybe we never hear Not Like Us.

Since Kendrick is a maniac with the pen, I have no doubt he would have followed up with something different and switched strategies, but the complexion of this whole thing would look so different if Drake was actually smart lmao

The fact that so many people have spent time pointing out the holes in the planted info angle now when it was just a dumb blogger conspiracy before Heart Pt. 6 dropped shows that it was probably still the best strategy he had out of a buffet of shitty options, even considering that it's obviously bullshit. It's, at least, time he spent not mocking sexual assault victims in between denying pedophilia accusations.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles

Drake not only can't make TPAB, he also can't make a track like "Not Like Us."

"Not Like Us" is super regional, a sound that very rarely escapes the West Coast, and Kendrick made it a universal jam without sacrificing any of the specificity or authenticity. "Not Like Us" is so steeped in the culture that these kinds of songs don't even get played much in trendy clubs in LOS ANGELES, but Dot got it playing before commercials during the NBA playoffs for teams that ain't even from California.

Kendrick's range is unmatched in 2024, and Drake doesn't have the cultural currency to even put his city on his back.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago

"Not Like Us" is super regional, a sound that very rarely escapes the West Coast, and Kendrick made it a universal jam without sacrificing any of the specificity or authenticity. "Not Like Us" is so steeped in the culture that these kinds of songs don't even get played much in trendy clubs in LOS ANGELES, but Dot got it playing before commercials during the NBA playoffs for teams that ain't even from California.

Kendrick's range is unmatched in 2024, and Drake doesn't have the cultural currency to even put his city on his back.
All facts here.

My favorite part is how it still feels authentically Kendrick. It just drivers that point further of Drake being a cultural chameleon throughout his career. Kdot just casually embarrassing him on a mustard beat is crazy.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017

It's funny because I remember during Certified Loverboy I got into a discussion about N 2 Deep I talked about the guitar in it and someone responded something like "you didn't recognize that sample? That's why a lot of Drake's stuff flies over people's heads because he loves hip hop and always pays respect to it" and I said something along the lines of it doesn't matter if he uses a sample of something if he does nothing interesting with it. It's just using a sample to use it.

And I think that ties into what you're saying here and what Kendrick said: Drake has nothing. He has no sound he can tap into for people to go "oh, that's this region/state/city/etc" because all he is is a Frakenstein's Monster of an artist.