Votes: 152 18.1%
  • Not Like Us

Votes: 357 42.6%
  • Other

Votes: 16 1.9%

• Total voters

Lifejumper

Oct 25, 2017
So totally unrelated to the beef, but since this feels like a catch-all Drake hate thread, here's a photo from yesterday's press conference announcing that Toronto was getting a WNBA team, and it's driving me crazy:

View: https://x.com/dmrider/status/1793695082182484035

Everybody's all smiles... you've got Raptor GOAT Kyle Lowry, Raptor's President Masai Ujiri, Premier of Ontario (and brother of the late former crackhead mayor Rob Ford) Doug Ford, and Drake has this fucking scowl on his face and his arm dangling over Olivia Chow, the Mayor of Toronto, like he's posing for an album cover.

What the fuck is this!? Why are you pretending at being hard in this context? Just be normal!

Drake looks like he wants to pop ass

Ice-T-1200x675.jpeg

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
Perhaps, but to be fair, I think Kendrick's been at the bitch eating crackers phase with Drake for like 10 years. This whole thing is about everybody hating the way Drake eats his crackers.

I get that people will always be hatin, but boy is that questionable. Drake taking the Control verse personally and consistently name dropping wife's and family is "this whole thing".

That beef hit mainstream so some of this stuff ain't going back to business as usual. His history and antics are going be under a bigger microscope now. Also, Baka gonna be getting weird looks for the rest of his life.

Ramako

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
I get that people will always be hatin, but boy is that questionable. Drake taking the Control verse personally and consistently name dropping wife's and family is "this whole thing".

That beef hit mainstream so some of this stuff ain't going back to business as usual. His history and antics are going be under a bigger microscope now. Also, Baka gonna be getting weird looks for the rest of his life.

I was just thinking about the verse in Euphoria where Kendrick says:

It's always been about love and hate, now let me say I'm the biggest hater
I hate the way that you walk, the way that you talk, I hate the way that you dress

On top of everything else, I think he just doesn't like Drake on a visceral level, and it's been that way for a long time. And it seems like others share that sentiment (e.g. DMX).

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018

I hate the way that you walk, the way that you talk, I hate the way that you dress

On top of everything else, I think he just doesn't like Drake on a visceral level, and it's been that way for a long time. And it seems like others share that sentiment (e.g. DMX).
Those lyrics are referring to the DMX interview where he spoke about all the things he didn't like about Drake. Kendrick didn't have a visceral hate for Drake before this.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom

oh yea that's some real hate brewing. Publicly hating someone is another level of just hating someone. Realistically , i imagine you want to check yourself before it gets to that point. there's going to be instances where the bad blood will be tested. Charity events, award shows, etc. You, your employees, your camp will have to watch where their steps.

but yeah some of the Drake defense comments are really weird to me when they pop up. Like they don't question why it's come to a point where there is a 20 v 1 in the first place. It's not some victimless persecution. lol. this dudes history is starting to show itself.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
"Lean into it and maybe it won't do as much damage"
It's either that, or do a post-beef interview crying about how Kendrick took it too far.

"Listen, I really do care about men and women's mental health. That's why I'm teaming up with BetterHelp. You can talk to a professional therapist and get 10 percent off your first meeting with the code BBLDRIZZY10. Again, the code is BBLDRIZZY10."

Royalan

I can say DEI; you can't.
Oct 24, 2017
It's either that, or do a post-beef interview crying about how Kendrick took it too far.

"Listen, I really do care about men and women's mental health. That's why I'm teaming up with BetterHelp. You can talk to a professional therapist and get 10 percent off your first meeting with the code BBLDRIZZY10. Again, the code is BBLDRIZZY10."

I hate you. 😂😂😂

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
Just heard that Drake track and also my first time hearing a Sexy Red song and uhhh wow... who thought that was good enough to release lmao

Charlie0108

Oct 29, 2017
So totally unrelated to the beef, but since this feels like a catch-all Drake hate thread, here's a photo from yesterday's press conference announcing that Toronto was getting a WNBA team, and it's driving me crazy:

View: https://x.com/dmrider/status/1793695082182484035

Everybody's all smiles... you've got Raptor GOAT Kyle Lowry, Raptor's President Masai Ujiri, Premier of Ontario (and brother of the late former crackhead mayor Rob Ford) Doug Ford, and Drake has this fucking scowl on his face and his arm dangling over Olivia Chow, the Mayor of Toronto, like he's posing for an album cover.

What the fuck is this!? Why are you pretending at being hard in this context? Just be normal!

Has Drake had some strange shit done to his face? He's been looking so weirdly different recently.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
YG dissed Drake on his track Weird it seems.

Weird-ass nigga (Ass nigga), you niggas lame (You niggas lame)
When it's smoke, don't ever mention my name (Mention my name)
You gon' have me jeapoardizin' my fame
Jeapoardizin' the gang, jeapoardizin' where you hang, nigga

In the video he's standing near at least one of the dudes on the TPAB cover so yeah. We know where YG stands.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, if Drake wasn't interested in Millie before he certainly will be now that she's someone else's SO.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
YG dissed Drake on his track Weird it seems.

Weird-ass nigga (Ass nigga), you niggas lame (You niggas lame)
When it's smoke, don't ever mention my name (Mention my name)
You gon' have me jeapoardizin' my fame
Jeapoardizin' the gang, jeapoardizin' where you hang, nigga

In the video he's standing near at least one of the dudes on the TPAB cover so yeah. We know where YG stands.
Someone DMed YG and he said it's cap.

Also that song sucks, YG needs to go back to his old flow desperately.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
that fucking voice crack in that sexyy red song. jesus.

her voice is fucking awful.
I dunno, I'm not huge on sexy red but her songs get a lot of play in the clubs and radio, I hated rich baby daddy when I first heard it and look how that turned out.

If she lasts another year as a big artist I'd be so surprised.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
"She sucks but she gets played a lot". Don't know why this gets used when someone criticizes a popular thing. Quality and popularity are completely separate things.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
"She sucks but she gets played a lot". Don't know why this gets used when someone criticizes a popular thing. Quality and popularity are completely separate things.
People like it enough that it's getting made and played.

I think GAAS are mostly terrible, I understand why people and companies want them tho.

It's not a hard concept.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
People like it enough that it's getting made and played.

I think GAAS are mostly terrible, I understand why people and companies want them tho.

It's not a hard concept.

Like and good are different things is my point. I like terrible movies, the population likes terrible movies, it doesn't make them less terrible because I or a lot of people like it.

Every album that flops isn't inherently worse than every album that succeeds, that's ridiculous. So to excuse terrible music with "a lot of people like it" isn't really a defense to "it's terrible" so i don't know why people bring it up.

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom

rckvla

Oct 25, 2017
I did like some songs from MMTBS when it came out, but recently, I did some critical listening, and wow the album is really amazing huh. Didn't really bother to understand before what the tap dancing throughout the album meant, but wow, when you realize what it's all about, mind blowing shit.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Slept on it and there's really no way that after the bar "trolling like a bitch, ain't you tired?" the first post-beef song from Drake includes him "trolling". Ain't no way that after being called a "body shamer" he dedicated several bars to giving girls BBLs.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That Sexyy Red song is an assault on my ears. What the FUCK was that. Comical that Drake would try and spin the BBL Drizzy beat in his favor but nah man, doesn't work.

Wally_Wall

Oct 26, 2017
I can't think of a weaker post beef song to drop than this terrible song with a beat made to clown you which you decide to rap over. Does Drake have anyone in his camp advising him?

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I've been seeing nonstop TikTok's and memes about j Cole and his grippy song.

What possessed that man to drop that?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I finally heard that Sexyy Red track. I wish I could go back to the time 10 minutes ago when I hadn't.

Either Drake's not listening to anyone around him, or he really does have no friends. Because no friend would let someone release that track.

ze_

Oct 28, 2017
Slept on it and there's really no way that after the bar "trolling like a bitch, ain't you tired?" the first post-beef song from Drake includes him "trolling". Ain't no way that after being called a "body shamer" he dedicated several bars to giving girls BBLs.
This is all I could think of too. And honestly in the end he just put BBL Drizzy back into my head after it finally left.