Votes: 14 1.9%

• Total voters
OP
OP
Mattmo831

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
He shouldn't even respond. Just let everyone forget about this in a month and drop another banger album for us
If kendrick doesnt respond thats an L im sorry. He will look like a clown. Saying "lets get it bro" and instigating the beef and not responding. losing to a "pop star" when hes supposed to be a actual lyrical rapper

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
You sound like someone that would know about that.
And we all know the person that doesnt respond and is "more respected" wins the rap beef.

lol
I think kendrick is much better but get off the internet man. Drake is respected as the GOAT to the general public. im not even kidding.

Drake is a meme shitpost rapper and I don't know a single person who genuinely takes him seriously but sure go off.

The guy pumping out classic record after classic record I think might ultimately win the rap beef regardless of whether he responds to the shitposter

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
He shouldn't even respond. Just let everyone forget about this in a month and drop another banger album for us
Why shouldnt he respond when he is the one who wanted the smoke ?
Yall laughed a Cole for dropping out of it, but when Kendrick does its cool ? Dont understand it.
Drake is a meme shitpost rapper and I don't know a single person who genuinely takes him seriously but sure go off.

The guy pumping out classic record after classic record I think might ultimately win the rap beef regardless of whether he responds to the shitposter
In what world is Mr. Morale a classic record ? lol
Also what does that have to do with a rap beef ? Yall moving the goal posts all the time for artist you like.

Next thing you are gonna say kendrick cant lose a beef because he got a Pulitzer...come on lol.

Jul 18, 2018
Why shouldnt he respond when he is the one who wanted the smoke ?
Yall laughed a Cole for dropping out of it, but when Kendrick does its cool ? Dont understand it.
///////
Cole apologized, which makes him a clown. Dont see Kendrick doing that, its going to be somewhat like Pusha T-Drake, just back and forth jabs (if he does or doesnt make a diss track back)

Vector

Feb 28, 2018
In what world is Mr. Morale a classic record ? lol
Also what does that have to do with a rap beef ? Yall moving the goal posts all the time for artist you like.

Next thing you are gonna say kendrick cant lose a beef because he got a Pulitzer...come on lol.
it's no good kid or tpab but a lot closer to being a classic than anything by Drake since Take Care lol

Perception is all that matters in the end, no one is going to remember rap beef from 2024 but Kendrick will 100% be widely GOATed

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
it's no good kid or tpab but a lot closer to being a classic than anything by Drake since Take Care lol

Perception is all that matters in the end, no one is going to remember rap beef from 2024 but Kendrick will 100% be widely GOATed

You live in an alternate reality.
DRake is the biggest rapper of the last decade, people remember all his beefs. They are gonna remember this one that started of with big 3 talk as well.

Honestly you are free to believe what you want, but you dont seem to really following what happens in the space outside the couple kdot joints you like that dropped like a decade ago.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Cole apologized, which makes him a clown. Dont see Kendrick doing that, its going to be somewhat like Pusha T-Drake, just back and forth jabs (if he does or doesnt make a diss track back)
I think if it stays on the current level - and both of them do what they are supposed to do for their fanbases, without hitting to much below the belt thats fine.

All of this over if it gets too personal though.

Strelok

Oct 29, 2017
Karnaca, Serkonos
Drake is embarrassing with the T Swift cloutchasing. Literally no one will buy he's winning when Kendrick has actual credit as an artist and is infinitely more respected by basically everyone on the planet.

That Chris Brown track was the most brutal diss I've ever heard though, that was downright scary and I'd be shitting bricks if I were Quavo.
Maybe in the US, but internationally Drake is way more respected than Kendrick, dare I say he isn't even top 5 alive if we talking worldwide.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anecdotal of course but whenever I talk to casuals about hip-hop(which is all the time since I'm a casual myself) I get something like this:
Drake is corny and so on and a lot of easy Drake jokes but people know and listen to his music.
Kendrick is a serious, respected artist(but no one really listens to his music or can name a song except DNA or HUMBLE)

And I've never heard call either of them the GOAT outside the internet.

Gorillaz

Oct 25, 2017
How do you defeat a shit poster

Maybe Art of War got a chapter on this idk let me check the audiobook

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
Man idk even if you don't like drake it's hard not to be a bit impressed. Dude but out a banger diss that hit on like 20 people going for him. Then psychologically fucked with Kendrick with that pac verse more then any lines could.

Dude is holding his ground pretty damn well and even if you don't like him, you gotta but a bit more respect on his rap game after this.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Anecdotal of course but whenever I talk to casuals about hip-hop(which is all the time since I'm a casual myself) I get something like this:
Drake is corny and so on and a lot of easy Drake jokes but people know and listen to his music.
Kendrick is a serious, respected artist(but no one really listens to his music or can name a song except DNA or HUMBLE)

And I've never heard call either of them the GOAT outside the internet.
Drake is much more present and people know how they feel about him - so he has a lot of fans but also a lot of haters.
As a casual you probaly dont know anything about Kendrick outside of his music and the image he portays.

Just based on this people have made up their opinions.

Drake has been running things for over a decade and in the social media era - so he is receiving a lot more hate and backlash than people at the top in previous generations.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Kendrick is gonna No Vaseline/Ether Drake I feel.
You are setting yourself up for a disappointment. Dont think you can this kind of diss nowadays, especially when the other side is ready to respond immediately and go nuts.

Ether hit as hard as it did, because Jay and them thought Nas was washed up and wouldnt come out swinging like that.

Meanwhile Drake and teams have been preparing for this beef for a while.

Would be amazing to see though.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
A chronically online persona needling someone that's content to drop and disappear from the public limelight/social media is a funny contrasting beef to be witnessing in real-time. Two people that simply roll/go about things in different ways.

In a way it really is jay-z and nas all over again in a way, just in a different generation. It took a while to get that Ether clapback, but it took some time to get there. But we're in different times now, I suppose.

Fully expecting Kendrick to drop on his own time when no one expects and for it to be pretty good, but who knows if that'll be enough to sway any hardly-held opinion in this day and age.

Meanwhile did Aubs respond to Ross at all? How long has it been? lmfao

As for the content of the recent diss, Drake comes off as insecure as hell.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
see that I never understood, to me Jay Z might be barely top 5. its propaganda I tell you
Nah, he has the success, the classics, the rapping ability, the beefs, the No1., the influence, the business acumen, the wife, legacy etc.

Whoever you consider to be the Goat, probably considers Jay to be the Goat.

I mean in the end its all subjective and personal, there are many rappers that have a claim to the title based on what criterias people gonna use.
A chronically online persona needling someone that's content to drop and disappear from the public limelight/social media is a funny contrasting beef to be witnessing in real-time. Two people that simply roll/go about things in different ways.

In a way it really is jay-z and nas all over again in a way, just in a different generation. It took a while to get that Ether clapback, but it took some time to get there. But we're in different times now, I suppose.

Fully expecting Kendrick to drop on his own time when no one expects and for it to be pretty good, but who knows if that'll be enough to sway any hardly-held opinion in this day and age.

Difference is Nas was mostly minding his business was Jay was doing too much and had people gas him up.
This current beef exists, because kdot not fucking with the Drake x Cole collab and screaming fuck the big 3 - while jumping on the track from people that are dissing Drake on their album anyway.
So now HE has to prove that he is a problem.

He isnt in the Nas situation imo, especially when he really only used this beef for a May album release. He better come hard at Drake, i want this beef and passive aggressiveness to be over.

What's the worst Kendrick has said about Drake? Drake has been more direct and personal than anything Kendrick has done on like that.
Called him a Bum and something about a pet cemetery xD
People acted like he dropped Hit Em Up on Drake/Cole.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Nah, he has the success, the classics, the rapping ability, the beefs, the No1., the influence, the business acumen, the wife, legacy etc.

Whoever you consider to be the Goat, probably considers Jay to be the Goat.

I mean in the end its all subjective and personal, there are many rappers that have a claim to the title based on what criterias people gonna use.

Difference is Nas was mostly minding his business was Jay was doing too much and had people gas him up.
This current beef exists, because kdot not fucking with the Drake x Cole collab and screaming fuck the big 3 - while jumping on the track from people that are dissing Drake on their album anyway.
So now HE has to prove that he is a problem.

He isnt in the NAS situation imo, especially when he really only used this beef for a May album release. He better come hard at Drake, i want this beef and passive aggressiveness to be over.
lmfao, their approaches are the exact same. they'll drop when they drop, you're not gonna rush them into anything. just wait.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
their approaches are the exact same. they'll drop when they drop
Literally the case for every artist and track.
Its not the same because Nas didnt have the "ok, lets get it bro" feature on a Number 1 song to dare Jay to say something.

People waiting on Kendrick response because of his tone and Like That. I know the Die Hard stans will wait until 2027 for him to come back, but the general public expect something soon and they want this beef to over with at some point.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Drake should have just stuck with Push Ups, a solid track. the AI diss is disposable whackness.

Sorry

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017

Meanwhile did Aubs respond to Ross at all? How long has it been? lmfao
Yup 💯%. Drake clearly playing the Internet game, really Kendrick just needs to do what he does and not do anything out of character. Drake clearly up right now, no doubt. Kendrick drops with some potency and he'll be alright, just allow Drake to have his moments.

People already forget Nas took his time and dropped Ether weeks after the full version of Takeover was unleashed. Right on Jay's Birthday to be exact, it's why we call Dec. 4th Ether Day, along with the single of "Got Yourself A Gun" over the Sopranos then a couple of weeks later with Stillmatic. Genius rollout, had Jigga crying to Angie on Hot 97 and everything.

Drake getting jumped on by multiple people is actually working to his advantage now. He is able to deflect + pick & choose which targets to go after causing distractions while controlling the narrative. Especially with the attention spans of the average listener. Every release and antic the media will gobble it up.

Its not the same because Nas didnt have the "ok, lets get it bro" feature on a Number 1 song to dare Jay to say something.

People waiting on Kendrick response because of his tone and Like That. I know the Die Hard stans will wait until 2027 for him to come back, but the general public expect something soon and they want this beef to over with at some point.
This is facts. Even though they're been subbing each other for years, Kendrick is the one who launched the first "official" dart equivalent of "ask Nas he don't want it Hov." at Summer Jam with the "Like That." feature.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana

they had tons of back and forths in their own battle, that didn't just come out of nowhere either.

no one is expecting years or months who said that? that's insecure lames expecting these things to have a countdown or something. and of course we'll be expecting something, as you said he's the one who brought shit up.

the main point is that you won't rush him into a response because he's not even online like that. that was the point of comparison.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
Drake is deftly using this time to try and control the narrative.

Trolling to put the maximum amount of pressure on Kendrick's diss so that if it isn't a top 3 diss of all time he can say it's a disappointment, he's also trying to take away ammo by mentioning the young girl stuff himself. His plan is easy to see through for anyone really listening but it doesn't matter, he just needs to put the thought out there and enough fans and stans will do the work for him to shift the narrative.

It's a risky move, if Kendrick actually has a nuke of a diss this can backfire like crazy, not as much if Drake himself also has something big he's holding unto.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
You are setting yourself up for a disappointment. Dont think you can this kind of diss nowadays, especially when the other side is ready to respond immediately and go nuts.

Ether hit as hard as it did, because Jay and them thought Nas was washed up and wouldnt come out swinging like that.

Even if it is Ether levels, Drake like Jay can withstand the blow hard enough anyways a la Addion.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022

Why we acting like Kendrick's side isn't ready for this? We already have people saying Kendrick's has a diss that's Hit 'em up levels of energy. We also did have a recent No Vaseline type of diss already, Story of Adidon which of course was for Drake. 🤣

What's the worst Kendrick has said about Drake? Drake has been more direct and personal than anything Kendrick has done on like that.

Why we acting like it's a reply diss? It's the verse that literally kicked this current beef wave off in the first place. You think he was going to go all out from the get go? It's the bait like Infared was.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Why we acting like it's a reply diss? It's the verse that literally kicked this current beef wave off in the first place. You think he was going to go all out from the get go? It's the bait like Infared was.
So you not gonna answer the question and just making excuses? You cant go "what did Drake really say in his diss?" while ignoring Kdot didnt say anything in the like that verse.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Dont think ive have ever seen so many people wishing for someone to be Pedo. Its weird but expected on the internet.

Pusha managed to handle Drake without resorting to this, lets see if Kendrick can come up with something unexpected as well.

My man, what the fuck are you saying right now?

This reads off as "Kendrick I love Drake. Please don't call my favorite rapper a pedo".

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Remember Exodus being a headshot when dropped, now this how to properly bait someone.
youtu.be

Pusha T - Exodus 23:1

Directed by Samuel RogersEdited by: Sam Rogers & Mike CarsonPusha-t.com
Ain't even really bait, it's a direct call out. 😂

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Even if it is Ether levels, Drake like Jay can withstand the blow hard enough anyways a la Addion.
Yeah, sure Drake is much bigger than Jay was in 2001/2002.
Nobody career is ending after this beef. Hell even Cole will be fine.
Why we acting like Kendrick's side isn't ready for this? We already have people saying Kendrick's has a diss that's Hit 'em up levels of energy. We also did have a recent No Vaseline type of diss already, Story of Adidon which of course was for Drake. 🤣
They better be ready, since they kinda started it.
My man, what the fuck are you saying right now?

This reads off as "Kendrick I love Drake. Please don't call my favorite rapper a pedo".

kdot can do whatever he wants to do, i just dont think thats the route he is gonna go with or that its the one gonna give him the W.
He is smart than that. Gonna be something left field that is damaging and he can back up.

Funkelpop

Sep 2, 2022
So you not gonna answer the question and just making excuses? You cant go "what did Drake really say in his diss?" while ignoring Kdot didnt say anything in the like that verse.

I mean the answer to that question goes without saying. Kendrick dropped a verse and Drake dropped an actual diss song. We're literally waiting for his actual diss song to drop. Drake had an entire 3 weeks to drop a song.